talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship Play-offs 2016/2017

I think Reading would be an awful inclusion to the PL which has been proved right on every occasion they have gone up. What do they add? Nothing. Mind you, they wouldn't be the only one's up there guilty of that.

On the flip side, if Huddersfield don't go up, you feel that someone would almost certainly take Wagner off them and a couple players and that could turn them into one season wonders. Which would be good for all potential challengers next season.

Plus it would be quite humorous to see them end up in the same league as us again after all that's happened.  

I guess in short, I really don't care. It'll be a tight game. 1-0 either way is a good shout. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading will be the best addition to the PL for us in terms of them being weaker than Huddersfield (my opinion), but probably over the course of the season Huddersfield deserve it more because of their style of play and winning run.

Should be good anyway.

• Administrator

Please be Huddersfield to win!

Can't stand Reading in the Premier League based on their previous time in it. And even now in the Championship, they're not that much more exciting than they were back then. 

It's the soulless ground (even worse than a lot of identi-kit bowl-like stadiums and that takes some doing). Fans barely make a sound. 

The only thing, from a personal point of view, that I could take from Reading getting promoted is seeing Liam Moore succeed. Other than that, they can stay in the Championship for as long as they want. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Huddersfield Town on top here by a long shot, they may live to regret these chances however as Reading look to get back into the game. Things boiling over a touch too with so much emotion and so many late tackles going in, I wouldn't be surprised to see things kick off should one team take the lead. 

What have I missed?!

Faryl Smith. 

Image result for farrell smith

Had to google her tbf. She looks so different to just a few years ago when she was on BGT xD 

• Administrator

Huddersfield the only ones trying to make anything happen. Van La Parra and Kachunga on either wing seem to be the main threats. Reading have barely carved out any half-chances, let alone any clear cut ones.

Not much happened at all since that missed Izzy Brown chance.

Reading don't look anything special at all, struggling to get forward, nobody making any runs when they win the ball. Think they need to change something at half-time.

2 minutes ago, Toony said:

Not much happened at all since that missed Izzy Brown chance.

Reading don't look anything special at all, struggling to get forward, nobody making any runs when they win the ball. Think they need to change something at half-time.

It seems like they've been told to play this way. I can't believe Huddersfield are this much more quicker at moving around.

1 minute ago, Aaroncpfc said:

It seems like they've been told to play this way. I can't believe Huddersfield are this much more quicker at moving around.

It's not great to watch, whenever Reading pick up the ball they pass it around at the back for about 30 seconds then hit it aimlessly forward. They're only interested in stopping Huddersfield at the moment, that may change as the game goes on.

• Administrator

that's why a Huddersfield goal is needed. Will force Reading's hand and force them to take the game to Huddersfield. They aren't getting a goal any other way based on the first half showing.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

that's why a Huddersfield goal is needed. Will force Reading's hand and force them to take the game to Huddersfield. They aren't getting a goal any other way based on the first half showing.

I agree.

Grabban and Kermogant both need crosses into the box and I can't recall any crosses being attempted at all. Huddersfield will break through sooner rather than later if the pattern of the game doesn't change.

• Administrator

Reading have no width at all. No options on the wings. Considering they're playing 3 at the back and 5 in midfield, you'd think there'd be some option on either side. But they're getting cancelled out by Huddersfield and their play wasn't quick enough in the first half.

• Administrator

similar to first half, both teams started well after half-time but nothing much since. 

Aaron Mooy is quite good. Nearly set up a goal but Quaner got in front of Wells who was in a better position to shoot.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived