• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

OFFICAL: Inter sign Spalletti to 2 year Deal

football forum

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inter agree Spalletti contract

Multiple sources claim Luciano Spalletti has agreed a two-year contract to become Inter Coach, which will be announced on Monday.

The tactician left Roma when his contract expired this summer, despite taking the Giallorossi to second place and automatic Champions League qualification.

According to various sources today, including Sky Sport Italia, Sportitalia, Tuttomercatoweb and Mediaset Premium, a deal has been struck in every detail.

It will be a two-year contract with an all-new coaching staff at San Siro.

The formal announcement is expected on Monday.

It was all worked out in a final meeting with Spalletti in Florence this afternoon.

58 minutes ago, Eco said:

Reports out of Milan are that Inter and Spalletti have agreed to a 2 year deal . 

I think it could work. Inter, at the moment, is a highly disfunctional club, and I think Spalletti is enough of a big name in Italy to offer them the necessary to stability to the big names perform. Money is definitely not the issue, but it seems Inter is stuck at a losing culture, like Juventus was after being promoted and untill Conte was hired. In my opinion, an italian manager, who knows where he is stepping into, is the best option. 

1 minute ago, El_Loco said:

I think it could work. Inter, at the moment, is a highly disfunctional club, and I think Spalletti is enough of a big name in Italy to offer them the necessary to stability to the big names perform. Money is definitely not the issue, but it seems Inter is stuck at a losing culture, like Juventus was after being promoted and untill Conte was hired. In my opinion, an italian manager, who knows where he is stepping into, is the best option. 

I hope so. Our tactics are awful as well, which is what Spalletti is known for. 

Welcome to Milan Spalletti :congrats:

Just now, Eco said:

I hope so. Our tactics are awful as well, which is what Spalletti is known for. 

Welcome to Milan Spalletti :congrats:

What´s your opinion on Icardi? Do you think that, like some do, in order to take a step forward, Inter needs to get rid of him? 

1 minute ago, El_Loco said:

What´s your opinion on Icardi? Do you think that, like some do, in order to take a step forward, Inter needs to get rid of him? 

No, I think he's good, and if his heart and passion is at Inter, than staying is best for both parties. I think all Inter fans, including myself, don't think he is captain material. 

He's young, and he scores goals, and he might be the only player on our starting XI that is worth a shit. 

^ Exactly. If Spaletti comes to us then I hope he also brings some creative players like Nainggolan or El Shaarawy to assist Icardi next season. Salah is very close to signing for Liverpool.

4 hours ago, Dalmore said:

^ Exactly. If Spaletti comes to us then I hope he also brings some creative players like Nainggolan or El Shaarawy to assist Icardi next season. Salah is very close to signing for Liverpool.

I'd give my right nut for Salah to come to Inter. 

No contract has been signed yet...

Spalletti: ‘I’ve shaken Inter hands’

Luciano Spalletti hasn’t signed for Inter yet but “we’re old fashioned, we do things with a handshake”.

The former Roma Coach is heading out to China today to meet with the leaders of Suning Group, the company which owns the Nerazzurri.

Sporting director Piero Ausilio is accompanying him and confirmed that his appointment is a formality, and the incoming tactician also spoke to reporters at Malpensa airport.

“Everything is in place,” the Tuscan said.

“We’ve shaken hands, we’re old fashioned and we do things with a handshake. We’ll need to arrange a Press conference, then if we work in the correct manner we’ll do regular things.”

Spalletti was also asked what the Beneamata’s aims are for this season, but simply laughed and didn’t answer the question.

Archived