talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 11th May - Lyon (4) 3-1 (5) Ajax

8 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Where do Jews come from? Israel far from here! Do you live there too?Yes, there live super jews! Do Jews find football nice? If they watch Ajax! Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Amsterdam

Something like that

Why Jews? Are they related to the club anyways?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Amsterdam was a huge jewish area before the 2nd world war.  Ajax just represent the jews of Amsterdam, their nickname is sons of god.

Even though "Ajax" is a pagan god! ;)

Yep, I knew this and Barça goes along the same path which is something many people don't know about the city and the reality of the founding of the club.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yep, I knew this and Barça goes along the same path which is something many people don't know about the city and the reality of the founding of the club.

Well yea Ajax isnt a jewish club or have Jewish roots. It was just that Amsterdam used to take jews in from all over the place, even the ones forced out of Spain and Portugal. Amsterdam is a Mokum, a safe haven for Jews as well as a few other Dutch places. So alot of the orginal fans were jews.

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There is a great film a jewish girl made about Ajax and Jews.

23 minutes ago, Asura said:

Why Jews? Are they related to the club anyways?

1 minute ago, VanPanna said:

There is a great film a jewish girl made about Ajax and Jews.

Seen it already mate. ;)

These things don't pass me by and nothing related to Ajax does as it's very important to football.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Seen it already mate. ;)

These things don't pass me by and nothing related to Ajax does as it's very important to football.

Well yea sometimes there are more stories about a football club then just the football.

3 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Well yea sometimes there are more stories about a football club then just the football.

This is something that gets lost in translation mate and also something that most modern fans don't even research when they choose a club to support.  Most clubs have an important story to tell on why they exist and the importance of their support in the early years which in many cases has a lot of political jargon involved as well as social class.  Stadiums around Europe during the wars were practically the only places where you could speak freely and design great deeds or just feel free.

54 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

And Barcalona have an Arab sponsor, i remember alot of Arabs refuse to support Barcelona now after they did a peace tour of Israel and the players wore skull caps.

IMG_4586.JPG

49 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

And Barcalona have an Arab sponsor

They don't anymore and for the period they did have that there were all sorts of major disputes that finally were won over by the owners of the club which are the fans.  Next season (and for the next 5 years) it's a Japanese company, Rakuten.

Archived