talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 11th May - Man Utd (2) 1-1 (1) Celta Vigo

About the locals, my point was just that it was my personal judgement, that's what I saw from the games. I shouldn't be force to change my opinion on that just because locals saw something else.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I shouldn't be force to change my opinion on that just because locals saw something else.

hahaha...  Nobody's trying to change your opinion mate. xD

This is called debate and debate isn't forcing stuff down someone's mouth.  It's actually differing opinions!

But you can't dispute something with people that go to the games every week and are total mental fanatics living in the area.  Remember that part of Deadlinesman's post threw stones at "armchair" fans and their opinions and he said that for a particular reason.

12 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I shouldn't be forced to change my opinion on that just because locals saw something else.

That is absolutely hilarious though and deserves to go into that hall of fame statements.  It's bloody brilliant in my opinion with such few words hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Just now, SirBalon said:

hahaha...  Nobody's trying to change your opinion mate. xD

This is called debate and debate isn't forcing stuff down someone's mouth.  It's actually different opinions!

But you can't dispute something with people that go to the games every week and are total mental fanatics living in the area.  Remember that part of Deadlinesman's post threw stones at "armchair" fans and their opinions and he said that for a particular reason.

I don't disagree, as I said locals are to be trusted most but I wasn't there and I won't say he did well just to fit in with them. My judgement was that his team looked clueless and he underachieved. I'm one of the people who wasn't expecting a Scudetto but I definitely expected better. I'll admit the style of play wasn't boring but it definitely wasn't good football. People may disagree with me but that's what I saw and I know I'm not the only one.

So much for "lets leave it there as I don't want to turn this into Rafa" beat me this time mate xD

Man Utd should be in such a better position then they are in now, They have the most expensive player in the world! any other club with that weapon should be up there for the league title and not lurking around 6th with a manager that plays world class attacking players as wing backs.  Mourinho I believe is the possibly the worst thing that has happened to Man Utd, yes he might win something like he has with the League cup and make it a big deal out of it but he will destroy everything else.  Its embarrassing how he is moaning now and complaining about resting players when he spent over 200 million they guy is just on another planet.  The Man utd fans are partly to blame also as a lot of them so badly wanted him, a lot now are too scared to anything negative about him even though he hasn't really changed anything from Van Gaal who got so much stick as did Moyes.     The thing is, next season Mourinho will get another 200 million and still play 10 behind the ball away to clubs with that kind of talent, and the fans used to sing to Van Gaal Attack Attack. 

• Subscriber
On 5/11/2017 at 11:52 PM, Teso Dos Bichos said:

You downplay the community shield but its okay when barca wins it? Double standard. Xavi, Neymar, Iniesta, and messi... celebrating a victory via away goal xDxDxD

You and the rest are all the same. Always have something negative/downplay to say about man utd/pogba/Mourinho related. Yeah they wont win the league but its been an improvement from Moyes/LvG. Im done with this shit, fuck you all, tired of getting picked on. All im doing is trying to point out the few positives of this bad season, but messi scores a goal vs rm (even though they wont win la liga or CL) and the three stooges (you, cannabis, and stan cum for days. Fuck yall 

You've spent the whole season slating the team you beat in that final and now you're bragging about it xD Jesus Christ.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, VanPanna said:

Man Utd should be in such a better position then they are in now, They have the most expensive player in the world! any other club with that weapon should be up there for the league title and not lurking around 6th with a manager that plays world class attacking players as wing backs.  Mourinho I believe is the possibly the worst thing that has happened to Man Utd, yes he might win something like he has with the League cup and make it a big deal out of it but he will destroy everything else.  Its embarrassing how he is moaning now and complaining about resting players when he spent over 200 million they guy is just on another planet.  The Man utd fans are partly to blame also as a lot of them so badly wanted him, a lot now are too scared to anything negative about him even though he hasn't really changed anything from Van Gaal who got so much stick as did Moyes.     The thing is, next season Mourinho will get another 200 million and still play 10 behind the ball away to clubs with that kind of talent, and the fans used to sing to Van Gaal Attack Attack. 

Man Utd have completely lost their direction. A club that's trying to become what Real Madrid have been. Obsession with profile and marketability rather than substance. Got very little respect for Man Utd nowadays. Not going to pretend they were always saints beforehand but there was at least a mentality about that club I had some respect for, but it's slowly but surely falling away.

It would be fucking glorious if Ajax won that final but you just know full-well they won't.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Man Utd have completely lost their direction. A club that's trying to become what Real Madrid have been. Obsession with profile and marketability rather than substance. Got very little respect for Man Utd nowadays. Not going to pretend they were always saints beforehand but there was at least a mentality about that club I had some respect for, but it's slowly but surely falling away.

It would be fucking glorious if Ajax won that final but you just know full-well they won't.

Yea Man Utd will win due to Mourinho killing the game instead of going toe to toe with them attacking, which Man Utd should do with the talent they have. 

12 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I'm going to sound like a massive boring cunt, but this is exactly how I felt with Napoli under Rafa Benitez. He won 2 trophies but why should we have been excited when the team looked clueless week in and week out? He also spent 200 million only to take the team backwards. He had a similar situation to Mourinho at United, yet it's Mourinho who's doing an abysmal job while Rafa did "great" at Napoli because he won a fucking Copa Italia.

That post isn't to piss anyone off but I needed to say it as it's a very comparable situation. Im always knocked when I have the common opinion of Benitez having done poorly at Napoli yet those same people knock Mourinho at United. I think locals are to be trusted best, and while I'm as Italian as the queen, I'd say my following of Napoli is enough to be trusted.

That's rubbish though.

If you can base an opinion of Benitez that he was rubbish because you claim he didn't do very well at Napoli even though he won them a trophy, why can't we base one of him that he's done well at Liverpool (where he won the biggest trophy of all) & Newcastle?

1 minute ago, Toony said:

That's rubbish though.

If you can base an opinion of Benitez that he was rubbish because you claim he didn't do very well at Napoli even though he won them a trophy, why can't we base one of him that he's done well at Liverpool (where he won the biggest trophy of all) & Newcastle?

What you should be asking is why he's bringing this up again after doing so last week. Anyone would think he's an attention seeker.

1 minute ago, Cure said:

What you should be asking is why he's bringing this up again after doing so last week. Anyone would think he's an attention seeker.

He's been doing it for the last year, I would be more surprised if he didn't bring it up.

10 minutes ago, Toony said:

He's been doing it for the last year, I would be more surprised if he didn't bring it up.

It's pathetic. Repeating the same flawed argument on loop shows his need for approval if anything and everything. In all seriousnes it's a sign of HPD.

2 hours ago, Toony said:

That's rubbish though.

Mourinho also won a trophy at United.

Honestly though there's no point in going on. Let's just leave it where it is. As you yourself said, no one cares and I can acknowledge it.

Archived