talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

22 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's down as a LB on every article I've seen but fair enough. 

£15m.... For a 16 yr old? 

Because he's 16. To be doing what he is at his age means you have to pay for potential. Maybe a rising to X fee if he delivers.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Because he's 16. To be doing what he is at his age means you have to pay for potential. Maybe a rising to X fee if he delivers.

Yeah that's more like it. It wouldn't be a flat out fee straight off but more made up of add-Ons based on appearances etc. 

1 hour ago, HK85 said:

Tom Cleverley close to triggering a clause which mean Watford have to sign him.

Rooney likely to be coming back here. 

Imagine that... Selling him at such a young age and watching United milk every last drop before palming him back off to Everton as an old, fat, bald, washed up diva. 

Id rather us re-sign Heskey. 

football forum
14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fuck me I wish someone would shove a cock in Neymars mouth!

Everytime he meets up with Coutinho he has to show the media his massive hard on over the kid. 

We get it Neymar, you want Coutinho at Barca. 

Rattled :ph34r:.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Rattled :ph34r:.

Just bored with it. It's like every single time there's an International break. 

Usual Barcelona tactics though so I shouldn't be surprised. Coutinho is going there at some point anyway so just make a bid! Why do they have to go through all this 'Barca DNA' bollocks every time. 

• Subscriber

Rumours today that Everton & Liverpool are looking at Demarai Gray, who has a £12mil release clause.

If that bit about the release clause is true then we really are the worst negotiators in the division.

football forum
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Rumours today that Everton & Liverpool are looking at Demarai Gray, who has a £12mil release clause. If that bit about the release clause is true then we really are the worst negotiators in the division.

I've not seen enough of Gray to get behind this but I'll back the judgement of Walsh as always. 

The release clause is criminal too when you consider we signed Ademola Lookman from Charlton in League One for £11,000,000. With a clause like that he's probably going to go to someone in the summer unless you can re-negotiate the contract.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I've not seen enough of Gray to get behind this but I'll back the judgement of Walsh as always. 

The release clause is criminal too when you consider we signed Ademola Lookman from Charlton in League One for £11,000,000. With a clause like that he's probably going to go to someone in the summer unless you can re-negotiate the contract.

It's pathetic really what amateurs we are. The Lookman comparison says it all. Charlton, a League One side, can pull in a similar fee.

If Gray played for Southampton it would be nearer £20mil.

This is of course based on rumours but it isn't like we haven't got previous.

I think Gray is quite raw, but there is a real talent there and with the right guidance he'll become a very decent player. He's a little bit greedy but in the last few months we were that awful I almost forgave him as it looked the only way we'd score.

He isn't the finished article but I'd be sad to see him go to waste and I don't think he's had a great year here. I think if we don't use him more next year he'll be off anyway.

I like Gray so would definitely be behind us making a move for him. 

Not sure why we would move for him with Lookman recently signed and spoke of so highly already but I suppose with Bolasie out for the foreseeable he would replace him. 

football forum
2 minutes ago, HK85 said:

I like Gray so would definitely be behind us making a move for him. Not sure why we would move for him with Lookman recently signed and spoke of so highly already but I suppose with Bolasie out for the foreseeable he would replace him. 

With Bolasie out for 12-18 months I wouldn't be surprised to see us make a signing to replace him. Even when he returns it might take him another few months to get back up to speed and perform. 

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

With Bolasie out for 12-18 months I wouldn't be surprised to see us make a signing to replace him. Even when he returns it might take him another few months to get back up to speed and perform. 

Not a huge fan of Bolasie anyway so I'd be replacing him regardless. 

Gray's looked good whenever I've seen him, but that release clause is poor on Leicester's part although there's nothing to say it wasn't the player standing his ground and saying if he doesn't get a release clause he won't join.

They need to re-negotiate the contract if possible.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Toony said:

Gray's looked good whenever I've seen him, but that release clause is poor on Leicester's part although there's nothing to say it wasn't the player standing his ground and saying if he doesn't get a release clause he won't join.

They need to re-negotiate the contract if possible.

His alternative was staying at Birmingham. I don't remember anyone else being in for him at the time. It was the same with Kante, it was literally us and Marseille in for him and Marseille wouldn't even stump up the £5mil.

I think we're just very bad negotiators. See January as your best evidence. It was well documented we were after a defender (after trying and failing to land Keane in the summer) and we ended up with Molla Wague, a cast-off from the Udinese / Granada / Watford trio, on loan. Absolutely laughable for the champions. When we were in League One we managed to sign CSKA Sofia and Bulgaria's captain. We can't even manage that when champions of England. Staggering.

• The title was changed to Transfer Rumours 2017
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived