talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

10 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Alexis wants to sign for City, just a question of if he signs this window or in Jan, Monaco would never sell Mbappe to PSG   ....Manchester is Paradise compared to Paris, what a silly cow!! :4_joy: 

Footballers in Paris don't live in Saint Denis mate the same way as footballers don't live on Moss Side in Manchester.

As for Monaco not selling to PSG...  They're selling all of their assets already as are other French sides.  Just when for the first time in many years Ligue1 had become slightly interesting, the clubs that made any sort of a challenge to the monopoly that is PSG are now being raped by European football clubs.  They'll sell to the biggest bidder and they won't discriminate on where that bidder comes from be it Madrid, London, Saudi Arabia or Qatar.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Footballers in Paris don't live in Saint Denis mate the same way as footballers don't live on Moss Side in Manchester.

As for Monaco not selling to PSG...  They're selling all of their assets already as are other French sides.  Just when for the first time in many years Ligue1 had become slightly interesting, the clubs that made any sort of a challenge to the monopoly that is PSG are now being raped by European football clubs.  They'll sell to the biggest bidder and they won't discriminate on where that bidder comes from be it Madrid, London, Saudi Arabia or Qatar.

France has gone down the shitter big time, no one even wants a holiday there

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Alves has a season left at best, this has worked out great for us. Walker, Mendy, Danilo +one more LB to come have just replaced old men in Clichy, Sagna, Kolarov & Zabaleta  ..MASSIVE upgrade for next season and still at least 5 more players to come in

That may well be wonderful spin after the event Happy Blue, however, there is no denying someone at your club nailed his knackers to getting Alves in on a free and failed.

Alves age n amount of time he is expected to have left, obviously did not matter while City were trying to sign him on a free. So to say it has worked out great for you is only true if you over look the amount of money you have spent on two other right backs\wing backs.

Granted money isnt a problem to City, but for me its another example of strange City movement in the transfer window.

Not complaining mind, please keep it up  :ay:

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I know we're all acutely aware of how stupid the money is these days, but here's a reminder of what bang you could get for your buck 21 years ago.

idvwd71tfbbz.thumb.jpg.7e93b5889dbfa32347fd26f80185c045.jpg

Then there's anomalies like Denilson going to Real Betis for €30m or some years earlier Lentini going to AC Milan for more or less the same amount.  The interesting part is that those anomalies didn't catch on as we see in that list of transfers.

Alexis Sanchez still hopeful of Man City move after huge PSG wage demands

Alexis Sanchez has asked Paris Saint Germain for £500,000 per week in wages, amid hopes from the player that a move to Manchester City will still materialise

Man City chiefs are thought to be hopeful Alexis will price himself out of a move to France, much like he did when it came to interest from Bayern Munich, and they’re willing to swoop in.

The Le Parisien newspaper, famed for its reliability on all matters PSG, reports this afternoon that a deal for Sanchez, which seemed on the verge of happening, has now been frozen.

PSG had been optimistic of signing the 28-year-old and the outline of a four-year contract had been agreed between the Parisiens and Sanchez’s representatives, seemingly dooming Pep Guardiola’s chances of a reunion with his former charge.

However, due to what Le Parisien claims were ‘greedy’ demands from Alexis’ representatives when discussing details of the contract, and Arsenal sweeping aside different approaches from PSG, the deal looks to be off

That's strange from Arabs. To have money put in front of them as the barrier and for them bot to laugh at the objective is rather strange. Maybe they have Europeans working in the background. Or maybe spending the money they may do on Neymar stops them from spending for the next decade so as to not get into strife with the authorities. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

That's strange from Arabs. To have money put in front of them as the barrier and for them bot to laugh at the objective is rather strange. Maybe they have Europeans working in the background. Or maybe spending the money they may do on Neymar stops them from spending for the next decade so as to not get into strife with the authorities. 

Sanchez only want's to move to City, he's forcing Wengers hand  ..do you get £50million now, or lose him for free in Jan??  ..a smart club takes the money and buy's a new super star that wants to play for you instead of having and un-happy playing and losing 50million too

18 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Sanchez only want's to move to City, he's forcing Wengers hand  ..do you get £50million now, or lose him for free in Jan??  ..a smart club takes the money and buy's a new super star that wants to play for you instead of having and un-happy playing and losing 50million too

I would definitely take the money.  There's no doubt about it...  I don't care which Arab club we sell to, yours or the Parisian one mate.  Not taking the money is stupid and Wenger won't win any brownie points with me for being a man of "principles".  He should've done his homework before Alexis' contract run down and it's ONLY his fault seeing as we don't have a sporting director or any team that deals with these things.  Arsene Wenger is the MANAGER and in charge of everything to do with the team and contracts.

If the club lose money then he may have to continue to give Kroenke whatever he's been giving him to stay in the job.

12 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I know we're all acutely aware of how stupid the money is these days, but here's a reminder of what bang you could get for your buck 21 years ago.

idvwd71tfbbz.thumb.jpg.7e93b5889dbfa32347fd26f80185c045.jpg

I love how you can buy a full XI team there of quality players for the equivalent of one Kyle Walker/John Stones/Bernard Mendy.

As much as he is an excellent player, surely Klopp has to be looking at this sort of behaviour with a frown? I hate players who do this, and to do it in a charity match especially. Pretty terrible from Van Dijk.

8 hours ago, FOYM said:

As much as he is an excellent player, surely Klopp has to be looking at this sort of behaviour with a frown? I hate players who do this, and to do it in a charity match especially. Pretty terrible from Van Dijk.

Most of the players we've signed from Southampton have done some truly unprofessional things to force their moves. Lambert and Clyne are the exceptions... but Lallana stormed out of training and threatened to go on strike - and that's their captain and someone who had been with them since League 1 I believe, while Lovren and Mané did strike.

I can't say I like that kind of stuff tbh. When Mascherano did the same to us, I lost all love for him.

Keita got on the end of a bad tackle in training, which led to him making a worse one in retaliation... and Red Bull stopped the training. That to me is even more concerning.

BS sources have us Linked with Sergi Roberto. Reports saying we are willing to meet his 40 million release clause. 

Jack of all trades, master of none. He's versatile but 40 million for a back up player? That right there should say it's bollocks, let alone him wanting to leave Barcelona. 

37 minutes ago, Cicero said:

BS sources have us Linked with Sergi Roberto. Reports saying we are willing to meet his 40 million release clause. 

Jack of all trades, master of none. He's versatile but 40 million for a back up player? That right there should say it's bollocks, let alone him wanting to leave Barcelona. 

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, Danny said:

Virgil Van Dijk refusing to play against us in a pre-season match where all proceeds go towards Grenfell Tower victims :dam:

Not true. He isnt fit as he had a serious injury and he hasnt refused to play, the manager put him to train alone.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Apparently Swansea rejecting our £45m bid for Sigurdsson. About time we tell them to get fucked, surely. 30m player, 35m tops even in this market.

Why do everton even need him, how many midfielders can you have. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived