talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Worst Managers from the Premier League era?

football forum

football forum

Paul Ince (Blackburn Rovers), John Carver (Newcastle United), Tony Adams (Portsmouth)? Who are the worst managers to have ever graced the Premier League in your opinion?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Fitting that I've just seen this about Mark Hughes;

This in a nutshell, I'd be surprised if Stoke aren't fighting to stay up next season with him still in charge. I won't say he's the worst manager however because he does do a decent job of building a team, but after that first season they always collapse, ALWAYS. I think if we had a decent manager we'd be competing more realistically for 7th. I mean how do you let a player like Bojan go on loan??!?! Have you seen the players Stoke has had in the past, we've had weaker squads and done better, now we have a technically decent team and can't play technical with him, and can't even play Pulis's Hoof the ball up tactics because our defense is a mess. I don't think it's the players completely I think it's the manager honestly... But this isn't the right thread for this tangent. 

At the moment I'd still say Carver was the worst. I'd take AVB and even Grant over Hughes at the moment...

Terry Connor had a win ratio of 0% and managed for a third of the season didn't he?

I'd take AVB and even Grant over Hughes at the moment...

Yeah because there is nothing worse than being Stoke City and finishing in the top half every season...

19 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Terry Connor had a win ratio of 0% and managed for a third of the season didn't he?

Yeah because there is nothing worse than being Stoke City and finishing in the top half every season...

We're 13th and could slip down to 17th by the end of the seasons easily.

Daglish?? The same Daglish who won the premier league with blackburn fucking rovers? I think that's a bit of a silly shout, and this us me speaking with my non biased head on. 

Alan Shearer hasn't had a mention yet, surprisingly. 

49 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Daglish?? The same Daglish who won the premier league with blackburn fucking rovers? I think that's a bit of a silly shout, and this us me speaking with my non biased head on. 

Alan Shearer hasn't had a mention yet, surprisingly. 

Yet Villas Boas is the worst of the prem era? Give me a break.

Holloway?

not pretending I'm an expert on this subject but from memory of following the prem he wasn't great.

29 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Holloway?

not pretending I'm an expert on this subject but from memory of following the prem he wasn't great.

Only managed Blackpool in the PL didn't he? One of the worst promoted sides ever on paper, such a small budget and they only got relegated on the final day. He's far from the worst.

Just now, LFCMike said:

Only managed Blackpool in the PL didn't he? One of the worst promoted sides ever on paper, such a small budget and they only got relegated on the final day. He's far from the worst.

He was around when Palace first got promoted too. Think there was one more club.

18 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

He was around when Palace first got promoted too. Think there was one more club.

Yeah you're right, completely slipped my mind that he managed Palace. 

Archived