talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Celta Vigo v Real Madrid 17 May 2017 (Game in hand)

football forum

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well I think of the Order of Santiago which is from Galicia. You assume that I have no other meaning than a bland and fluffy one? That is awfully assumptive.

Actually, it is not, but move on.

I rest my case.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

It was an order protecting pilgrims to Galician religious location. 

It was a military order firstly developed to defend the city of Cáceres (spoil: not in Galicia) in the context of the Christian conquest and repopulation of the territories below the Sistema Central by that order and other similar ones.

I also give it the meaning of prickish noble boys sporting fabulous moustaches dressed in white garbs participating in cultish rituals, but that's because I am a weird one.

1 minute ago, Kowabunga said:

It was a military order firstly developed to defend the city of Cáceres (spoil: not in Galicia) in the context of the Christian conquest and repopulation of the territories below the Sistema Central by that order and other similar ones.

I also give it the meaning of prickish noble boys with moustaches dressed in white garbs participating in cultish rituals, but that's because I am a weird one.

All very interesting but I'd like these lectures more without the condescension.

1 minute ago, Kowabunga said:

I like to sound condescending in English Language. A fetish of mine. In Spanish not so much.

Do as you wish but you spoil your own knowledge. I find all your posting very interesting but it's a struggle when it's written that like. Either post for the benefit of others or your fetish, just don't include me in the latter.

Celta Vigo had their chances but a combination of bad finishing and poor decision making cost them, then they were inevitably punished on the break. I could go on about the Iago Aspas red, but I'm not in the mood for that right now.

That's most certainly it for the league there. Besides the comments from Malaga's president and coach and the rumours that Madrid are offering them a bonus if they ( Madrid ) win the league, even if Malaga play to win, Real won't lose. They don't have any doubts, they're very confident and they know that all they need is a point. 

1 minute ago, True Bender said:

I wachted the highlights of this game and from what I saw the referee was terrible. Hard to believe he is not biased in favour of RM. Those two penalty decisions alone... and then the usual "oooops another wrong offside call" :cardY:

I watched the Coppa Italia Final live which was on at the same time but later on I watched this and you're right. Too many dodgy decisions like the sending off of Iago Aspas too. Didn't bother saying anything because it's just more "whinging" and of the sort. Just happy this season is coming to an end and that hopefully the new technology is put in place from next season, something curiously enough Florentino Pérez is against on all fronts domestically and continental. 

On 16/05/2017 at 6:40 PM, The Artful Dodger said:

Not sure how Barcelona 'threw it away', Real Madrid have been ahead all season and relentless. Barcelona just not as good this season.

Having said that, Celta are a decent team, especially at home.

I'm not saying Real won't deserve it when(or if, as there is no chance they will blow it now, surely?) but at the beginning of March, Barcelona were in the driving seat for a short period around then and all it required was a winning run leading to el Clasico(which evidently ended up being a win), then Enrique started a half arsed line-up away to Deportivo and it resulted in a loss, followed by another defeat not so long after it vs Malaga, although you can't really moan that particular fixture as Malaga are a bogey team even at the best of times.

The big difference this season has been the fact that Real have a far stronger "B Team", one which is stronger than most first teams in Europe, so they have been able to afford to rest key players and still pick up 3 valuable points. This is something Enrique can't afford to do, so in away fixtures such as the one against Depor, it was important to start the strongest possible 11. Things could have been different then. After all, Real are only 3 points ahead, It hasn't been as comfortable for them as you make out and when they win the league next sunday, they will have been pushed until the end. I agree that overall Real have been the team in the driving seat for the majority of the season, although at the beginning of March, there was a massive opportunity to capitalise on this and that's what I'm referring to.

With this said, the team haven't been great at all this term and without Messi, Neymar and Ter Stegen there likely wouldn't have even been a title challenge. The defence has been a joke especially.

Archived