talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Celta Vigo v Real Madrid 17 May 2017 (Game in hand)

football forum

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Has to be Hugo Sanchez. I'm not going to be daft and base this off a few Twitter followings but most of the Mexican people I follow seem to like Real Madrid as their European team. Not sure how the family clubs are over there (that aren't local clubs anyways) but it could be because of Hugo.

There's nothing wrong with him supporting Real Madrid because Hugo Sánchez excelled for them.  It's a reason as far as I'm concerned...  Although then I'd say (if true) he suffers from Saint Peter's affliction.  I can't reach his ear though! B|

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

There's nothing wrong with him supporting Real Madrid because Hugo Sánchez excelled for them.  It's a reason as far as I'm concerned...  Although then I'd say (if true) he suffers from Saint Peter's affliction.  I can't reach his ear though! B|

I'm not saying he can't support them for that reason! It was just my guess. Just like most Peruvians have recently taken a liking to Flamengo because of Guerrero and Trauco. Although there also seems to be a large Madrid and Barca following here. Spanish football is a lot more popular than the Prem in Peru.

I can understand why Bayern doesn't have a huge following over Claudio Pizarro. Peruvians detest him!

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Porque?

His contributions to the national team compared to Bayern have been horrendous. He's the top foreign scorer of the Bundesliga all time, but for Peru he has 19 goals. It sounds decent but 5 were in 4 qualifying cycles, I think 4 in Copa America's and the rest in friendlies. Its not all his fault though. As I said we had a really good front 4 but some managers wanted them all in the 11 so they ended up playing Guerrero up front and Pizarro more as a 10. Madness really.

2 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

What you mean? Because im not a barca ass kisser like you and company?  

What's wrong with liking or supporting Barça?  They're just another football club, no better or no worse than Real Madrid or anyone else.

What's your issue?  Why so wound up.

Where's the Madrid-Vigo chat? Is anyone actually watching this or is everyone just bickering?

I'm sorry for coming across all direct but it's true. Everyone leave one another the fuck alone.

I'm trying to work and occasionally checking up to see the discussion and all I'm reading are shots.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Why I just can't take La Liga seriously sometimes, so many push over clubs 

Celta have lost it over the past month mate.  This was always going to end like that...  As Carefreeluke said, had this been over a month or two ago it may have been a different story.  But Celta have only themselves to blame for trying to wind up Real Madrid by denying them playing it then.  They were upset at the fact Real Madrid tried to force Celta to play the Copa del Rey game in Gijón because of the forbidding storms at the time in Galicia.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What's wrong with liking or supporting Barça?  They're just another football club, no better or no worse than Real Madrid or anyone else.

What's your issue?  Why so wound up.

They're worse than Real Madrid just fyi 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

They're worse than Real Madrid just fyi

Spurs are worse than Arsenal and yet you chose to support the wrong London club.  Nothing wrong with choice...  What you doing on the 8th June? :whistling:

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Celta have lost it over the past month mate.  This was always going to end like that...  As Carefreeluke said, had this been over a month or two ago it may have been a different story.  But Celta have only themselves to blame for trying to wind up Real Madrid by denying them playing it then.  They were upset at the fact Real Madrid tried to force Celta to play the Copa del Rey game in Gijón because of the forbidding storms at the time in Galicia.

Honestly though, I'd say as a whole La Liga is better than the prem. Not just the top half, bottom half too. Real Madrid and Barcelona make it look easy because they are the 2 best teams in world football (arguably). Its not like Sunderland or Hull will give them a hard fought game. The scorelines would be about the same.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Spurs are worse than Arsenal and yet you chose to support the wrong London club.  Nothing wrong with choice...  What you doing on the 8th June? :whistling:

Not what the league table says I'm afraid my friend...come join us on the White side. 

Probably crying into my unemployment xD

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

That's why I'm leaving again :(

I'll set the timer.

By the way, this thread has been hall of fame worthy.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

h8erz guna h8

What you doing this weekend then?

The weather is crap right now here in London to be honest and today I went for pizza with the wife and my son while holding an umbrella.  I'm tired of this! I WANT SUN! PLEASE LORD GIVE ME THE SUN!!!! O.o

Well that's done and dusted... Such a shame Celta fizzled out toward the end of this campaign although you can't blame them really as they're not built for massive campaigns like they had this season going far in both the Copa del Rey and the Europa League including a very good first half of the season in La Liga.  That's an amazing campaign for that type of club and a lot of credit has to be given to yet another Argentinian coach, Eduardo Berizzo.

The league is finished because Málaga aren't playing for anything and there is no way in hell Real are going to lose there.  A draw gives them their second league in a decade.

On 16/5/2017 at 9:48 PM, Spike said:

There is something undeniable about Celta Vigo. Maybe it's their days under Luis Enrique I appreciate so much. Or could be that marvelous crest representing cruz de Santiago.

No wonder, it has such an awesomely-totalitarian-from-the-1930s ring to it. You could smell the naphthalene from here. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Kowabunga said:

No wonder, it has such an awesomely-totalitarian-from-the-1930s ring to it. You could smell the naphthalene from here. :ph34r:

I was thinking more towards the actual saint  but that'll do too 

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

I was thinking more towards the actual saint  but that'll do too 

wa13ir.jpg

A helluva cross here presiding a political meeting of Mr. Calvo Sotelo. Just a friendly reminder that the revival of the cross of St James in the early 20th century was not particularly ideology-free, but rather a reactionary throwback of menendezpelayista nationalism.

14 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

A helluva cross here presiding a political meeting of Mr. Calvo Sotelo. Just a friendly reminder that the revival of the cross of St James in the early 20th century was not particularly ideology-free, but rather a reactionary throwback of menendezpelayista nationalism.

It has more than that one use. That is just the meaning you associate with it. Besides, Santiago is the patron of Galicia.

Just now, Spike said:

It has more than that one use. That is just the meaning you associate with it.

It has the meaning you want to give it. But, from time to time, I like to toy with the idea of me being able to insert more meanings in people's heads than the usual bland and fluffy one.

2 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

It has the meaning you want to give it. But, from time to time, I like to toy with the idea of me being able to insert more meanings in people's heads than the usual bland and fluffy one.

Well I think of the Order of Santiago which is from Galicia. You assume that I have no other meaning than a bland and fluffy one? That is awfully assumptive.

Archived