talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Worried about Christensen. Has all the makings of becoming a truly wonderful Centre back, but his limited game time is worrying. I understand he is only 21 and could be Luiz's successor, but he seems to be very impatient. And rightly so given his quality. 

Edited by Cicero

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Worried about Christensen. Has all the makings of becoming a truly wonderful Centre back, but his limited game time is worrying. I understand he is only 21 and could be Luiz's successor, but he seems to be very impatient. And rightly so given his quality. 

Don't see him starting ahead of any of our current CB's, he will be used in the cup's and probably in the easier games in the UCL. 

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Don't see him starting ahead of any of our current CB's, he will be used in the cup's and probably in the easier games in the UCL. 

I will be devastated if we let another club have him. Pep is already sniffing about apparently. 

Christensen is a European CH, not a EPL CH and one can fully understand why European clubs have an eye on his sweet feet bringing the ball out confidently.

It's to be seen if he can grow enough to handle playing regular in the far more physical league, something I have a keen interest in watching each time he plays.

He is the only young player I have heard the manager say he trusts.

As much as I hope he can improve enough to become a proper starter, I am currently of the mind he is someone to be used as a part exchange for a top player in the future.

It's up to him to change that opinion.

Morata

Willian------------------Pedro

Azpilicueta-------Drinkwater------Kante--------Zappacosta

Cahill---------Luiz--------Christensen

Courtois

What I'd play Tuesday

Morata----Hazard

Fabregas

Alonso-----Bakayoko-----Kante-----Moses

Rudiger-----Luiz----Azpilicueta

Courtois

What I'd play against Arsenal. Arsenal takes advantage of our two man midfield, and I feel with switching to a 3-5-2 will allow us more control and not get caught on the counter. 

Todays performance, while at a very good level again, we almost allowed Leicester to get something from the game because of not being able to kill them off during the times we were so at ease it must have been painful for the watching Leicester fans.

More importantly, our new CF is getting plenty of nice words for his performances. For me, if he continues to run around his left foot, he will not only let us down, he is letting all defenders know he will continue to check back onto his right foot when attacking. He has to shoot with his left foot from time to time, even if the shot, as I suspect, will be powderpuff, he has to make defenders think he might use his standing foot to shoot.

How good a signing is Bakayoko? Today he was immense & when you compare todays performance against what Matic did for us last season you have to be blind or have little football knowledge to see what a wonderful upgrade he is in our midfield. As much as I liked Matic, you can see why the manager said he was surplus to his needs. 

Good result ~ Crisis club 3rd after 4 games :ay:

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Morata

Willian------------------Pedro

Azpilicueta-------Drinkwater------Kante--------Zappacosta

Cahill---------Luiz--------Christensen

Courtois

What I'd play Tuesday

Morata----Hazard

Fabregas

Alonso-----Bakayoko-----Kante-----Moses

Rudiger-----Luiz----Azpilicueta

Courtois

What I'd play against Arsenal. Arsenal takes advantage of our two man midfield, and I feel with switching to a 3-5-2 will allow us more control and not get caught on the counter. 

The team worked well today with Baka, Kante and Cesc. However the wing role doesn't suit Cesc at all.I doubt they will have the advantage with both Baka and Kante

Will be properly pissed off if Conte drops Rudiger for Cahill now that his suspension is over. Would be such a Mourinho thing to do. So refreshing to actually have a LCB who's comfortable on the ball like Rudiger. We dealt with Spurs', Everton, and Leicester's press brilliantly building up from the back. 

We only conceded 2 goals with Ruidger, Luiz, and Azpilicueta as a back three. And those two goals were a Batshuayi own goal as well as a cock up mistake from Courtois that resulted in a  penalty. 

Azpilicueta is now 3/3 as captain, and unlike Cahill, he leads by example. Our true captain if you ask me. Hope Conte does the right thing, as in spite the red card, it would only be a matter of time until Cahill was dropped. 

Edited by Cicero

54 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Will be properly pissed off if Conte drops Rudiger for Cahill now that his suspension is over. Would be such a Mourinho thing to do. So refreshing to actually have a LCB who's comfortable on the ball like Rudiger. We dealt with Spurs', Everton, and Leicester's press brilliantly building up from the back. 

We only conceded 2 goals with Ruidger, Luiz, and Azpilicueta as a back three. And those two goals were a Batshuayi own goal as well as a cock up mistake from Courtois that resulted in a  penalty. 

Azpilicueta is now 3/3 as captain, and unlike Cahill, he leads by example. Our true captain if you ask me. Hope Conte does the right thing, as in spite the red card, it would only be a matter of time until Cahill was dropped. 

Think Rudiger will keep his place and Cahill will have to do much much better to bench him. On the other hand i fully believe Cahill will start against Qarabag and maybe even Christensen. I was unsure about Rudiger after watching him in Roma with a short temper but i was surprised he did very well. The new signings are all spot on so far hands down. Even Zappacosta looked good in his cameo against Leicester. 

Think we will start the game on Tuesday like this:

--------------------------Caballero-----------------------------

Dave----------------Christensen------------------Cahill 

Zappacosta----Drinkwater---Cesc----Alonso

Willian---------------Michy----------------Pedro

12 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Think Rudiger will keep his place and Cahill will have to do much much better to bench him. On the other hand i fully believe Cahill will start against Qarabag and maybe even Christensen. I was unsure about Rudiger after watching him in Roma with a short temper but i was surprised he did very well. The new signings are all spot on so far hands down. Even Zappacosta looked good in his cameo against Leicester. 

Think we will start the game on Tuesday like this:

--------------------------Caballero-----------------------------

Dave----------------Christensen------------------Cahill 

Zappacosta----Drinkwater---Cesc----Alonso

Willian---------------Michy----------------Pedro

Perfect time for Michy to gain some confidence/form back, but I feel Conte will start Morata. 

Chelsea will not be punished by the Football Association over anti‑Semitic chants but have threatened to impose their own bans on guilty fans.

A large section of the club’s 3,000 travelling support sang a song during Chelsea’s 2-1 win at Leicester that was abusive towards Jews.

The chant, which used new Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata as part of the lyrics, was aimed at rivals Tottenham, who have a large Jewish following.

Chelsea spoke out strongly against those responsible soon after the game and are helping the FA, who have launched an investigation of their own, into identifying the perpetrators.

You're owner is of jewish decent you absolute mongs. Chelsea shouldnt be blamed for a couple shits though, fucking lifetime ban them andd give those fans a large fine. Disgusting.