talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

It's pretty obvious Morata starting the weekend game was a gamble. I have been told he didnt train between the last two games. We can presume with the International break coming up, the manager believed it was a worthwhile gamble as he would have that time to recover. Simon Johnson (Probably the most reliable Chelsea reporter) stated Morata said himself it would be two weeks, hoping to be back for the CP game, however, The Spanish say it will be four weeks.

I think we were all educated of the importance he is to us just now, so his injury must be treated exactly the same as Hazards... Slowly so it does not become a regular mishap. 

------------------------------------------------

On Alonso: I agree with others that he is fine going forward, however it's defending that lets him down. His lack of pace isnt great, but his dead ball skills are unquestionable. Handy with his head and a good trier. We could do far worse. Like Cicero I am curious to see how Rahman plays as a wingback cause he, like Alonso was below average defender in a four.

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Off topic, but on the discussion of dead balls. For as great a passer Cesc is, his set pieces are truly awful. 

Yeah mate, he's got a lot worse, he use to be decent. Hasn't helped the fact that we keep going short on corners these days, we've always been notoriously good at scoring from set pieces, just put it in the box for fuck sake.

17 hours ago, Cicero said:

Just seen its the 31st. xD

Fairly certain we are saving the 3-5-2 against top opposition and sticking with a 3-4-3 on a regular basis. I'd like to see Drinkwater have a good run. 

The 3-5-2 is terrible in my opinion, it worked well with Atletico but overall a winger and one striker isn't working for us. At least not for the moment.

MANCHESTER CITY "battered" Chelsea in their 1-0 victory at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, according to former Blue Ray Wilkins.

A stunning Kevin De Bruyne strike gave Manchester City all three points against Antonio Conte’s Chelsea.

Wilkins says Pep Guardiola’s side outplayed the hosts all over the pitch.

“They were absolutely magnificent,” Wilkins said on Sky Sports.

“I thought they battered us (Chelsea) to be perfectly honest. 

“I’ve not seen us taken apart like that for a long, long while. 

“I thought they were absolutely outstanding from back to front. 

“Very, very good indeed.”

Wilkins was even more impressed by Manchester City considering Sergio Aguero was not available after he broke ribs in a car crash last Thursday.

He thought they would struggle without the striker but was proved wrong.

“I thought they’d struggle without Aguero because this year he has looked a lot sharper, he looks slimmer, he looks fitter,” Wilkins added.

“I saw him at Watford and thought ‘wow’ he looks like a different player to last year. 

“Absolutely brilliant and they will cope without him because they have lots of options.”

It has been claimed by an Argentinian doctor that Sergio Aguero could be out for six weeks with his injury.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/862146/Chelsea-news-Man-City-Premier-League

6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

take it up with Ray :ph34r:

Why? You are really scrapping the bottom for quotes to back your mob if you have use Pill Popping Ray.

He has never got by being sacked by Roman when assistant to Carlo and takes EVERY opportunity to bash the owner n board.

These quotes, along with others you failed to post, lack of forwards, the selling of Matic, are Ray's way to have a dig at the board n Owner.

You should take more notice of what Simeone said of Chelsea's performance in the week.

I know his words will be wasted on you ~ but that's you ~ You cant be educated ~ enjoy your moment and shut up :ay:

Edited by The Liquidator

Kante injured last night against Bulgaria, highly doubtful for Palace. Good news is that Drinkwater is back and fit and rested, i can still see Baka and Cesc start which is terrible. However if we can't beat a piss poor Palace with some of our bench players then they are not good enough.

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Law reporting that Kante and Morata are both being treated to be ready for Roma on the 18th. 

Didn't this twat initially say Morata was out for 6 weeks? 

So they will both miss Palace, we will hopefully have Drinkwater as Cesc is piss poor at the moment.

Just now, True Blue said:

So they will both miss Palace, we will hopefully have Drinkwater as Cesc is piss poor at the moment.

I can't take any more of Cesc right now to be honest. How can a professional footballer be so slow?

Still have images of Silva and DeBruyne ghosting past him like he wasn't even there. 

Batman

Hazard------------Pedro

Alonso------Bakayoko----Drinkwater-----Moses

Christensen----Luiz---Azpilicueta

Courtois 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

I can't take any more of Cesc right now to be honest. How can a professional footballer be so slow?

Still have images of Silva and DeBruyne ghosting past him like he wasn't even there. 

Batman

Hazard------------Pedro

Alonso------Bakayoko----Drinkwater-----Moses

Christensen----Luiz---Azpilicueta

Courtois 

Think we will play Cahill ahead of Christensen the rest is pretty much spot on. That is the best team we can field, we must win this one. I have a shit feeling but the lads must go all out.

18 hours ago, Cicero said:

Update:

Drinkwater is finally available. 

Morata expected to return for Roma on the 18th. 

Kante expected to return for United November 5th. Possibly earlier. 

I just wanted to post that :D, so we will have Danny for Palace which is great (doubt he will start). Morata is also confirmed for Roma by various sources. That Kante news fucked me up, i hope he would be ready for Watford at least. He will be a big big miss fuck you Bulgaria.

Palace tends to be a difficult game for us of late, so we must hope the guys return from international duty ready for a battle. I read Zaha believes he is ready to return or at least to play some part. It was the very best I had seen him play against us last season at Stamford Bridge and that performance elevated him to a proper player in my mind.

Just want to raise the point here of after the last game being played on a Sat evening when it could have been played on the Sunday, the TV channels decide to play the Utd Liver game early Sat morning after an international break. Crazy decision! Couple that with Sky putting out feelers to play games on Christmas Eve, I think its got to the stage now where the clubs have to take away the TV companies power of which games are moved for their coverage.

There should be no Saturday morning games after International break and clubs who play CL on a Wednesday should only play on the following Sunday or Monday. That will do for starters. Id also like to see games like Sunderland v Bournemouth ruled out on Monday nights. Traveling for fans needs to be thought of.

Edited by The Liquidator
  • Upvote 1

Only saw Saturdays game on a stop start stream, but from what I could see we were poor again. Now I dont want any brownie points pointing out the return of Zaha needed to be watched, got to say thou, wow, he is a true player these days and is wasted at Palace. There are very few clubs he couldnt shine at.

So where does this leave us? Around this time last season we lost back to back games to Arsenal and Liverpool. After those two defeats I placed a very large wager on Chelsea to win the league, doubling up if you like as I had already placed a bet before the season. I was very confident we were the best side and drew a huge amount of money come the end of the season. This time around I have the same confidence in the players, its the manager who I fear.

First of all his decision to keep starting Fabregas for me is a major wrong decision. I accept Cesc covers a lot of ground during a game, but he does it slowly and for me, without the ball he is very much a passenger.

I have been a fan of Willian for a long time, often defending him against others. I have been told since the loss of his Mother he isnt the same bloke about the place. He sure isnt on the pitch. It was pointed out to me a couple of weeks ago the open words of friendship John Terry sent Willian. People I know at the club have told me he has a problem. If this is true, its another poor decision by the manager to pick him so often.

Plenty of other lines I could say but I want to make plain my disgust in seeing Musonda entering the pitch in the second half after his exploits on social media this past week. WTF is that all about? I know the boy is talented, but what message does his playing time at the weekend say to others who believe they should be playing? Again, we must question the managers decision.

Morata said to be fit for the CL game, however, I agree with True Blue there must be a question on weather to rush him back. At least Roma have as many injury problems as us.

Anyway, the manager came through last season around this time, we can do no more than hope he starts to get things right again.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Christian Benteke being strongly linked with us this morning. Wow

Seen that too, he is very much injury prone. Then again he is big and strong if he can hold the ball he would suit us just not for some insane price. I'd rather pass but you never know with us. Morata is officially cleared to play but i can see us start three wingers which will be shit, and then bring Morata in if things don't go our way. The fact that we started the season with only two strikers is already biting us in the arse.