talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

football forum

200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Chelsea Football Club is an English professional football club based in Fulham, London, that competes in the Premier League. Founded in 1905, the club's home ground since then has been Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea had their first major success in 1955, when they won the league championship. They then won various cup competitions between 1965 and 1996. The club's greatest period of success has come during the last two decades; winning 21 trophies since 1997. Chelsea have won five national league titles, seven FA Cups, five League Cups and four FA Community Shields, one UEFA Champions League, two UEFA Cup Winners' Cups, one UEFA Europa League and one UEFA Super Cup. Chelsea are the only London club to win the UEFA Champions League, and one of four clubs, and the only British club, to have won all three main UEFA club competitions.

All discussion relating to Chelsea that does not warrant it's own thread (i.e. - players signing new contracts, newspaper clippings etc...) should take place here.

Conte admits to homesickness. What a cunt; he is a millionaire that can fly home at anytime most of the year and be there in a couple of hours. I can afford Australia maybe once every two years and it takes over a day to get there.

He showed how big of a pro he is last season, he was piss poor. He subbed himself three times during the season, and he would be off in a flash if we had two shit seasons. For me personally he will always be a pure mercenary who the fans idolize because we want a wannabe Messi. As soon as Barca or Real comes knocking he will be on a plane and waving to us with his middle finger.

Unlike our 2015 title win, we haven't been that reliant on Eden. Handful of players in our side have had a better season. Luiz, Pedro, Kante, Azpilicueta, Costa. We have a manager who has built balance and fluidity in the side, having not to rely on a particular player. 

Personally hope he stays until he accomplishes everything with us. 

15 minutes ago, True Blue said:

He showed how big of a pro he is last season, he was piss poor. He subbed himself three times during the season, and he would be off in a flash if we had two shit seasons. For me personally he will always be a pure mercenary who the fans idolize because we want a wannabe Messi. As soon as Barca or Real comes knocking he will be on a plane and waving to us with his middle finger.

That's an interesting point of view.

I dont agree with any of it, but it is interesting.

I guess you were a huge fan of Robben too?  :ph34r:

Just now, The Liquidator said:

That's an interesting point of view.

I dont agree with any of it, but it is interesting.

I guess you were a huge fan of Robben too?  :ph34r:

I was a big fan of Robben, he did well for us but he was also very injury prone. Not just at Chelsea but all his career, at that point we were looking to cash in. He played three seasons for the club and he was superb in all three.

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Unlike our 2015 title win, we haven't been that reliant on Eden. Handful of players in our side have had a better season. Luiz, Pedro, Kante, Azpilicueta, Costa. We have a manager who has built balance and fluidity in the side, having not to rely on a particular player. 

Personally hope he stays until he accomplishes everything with us. 

Yes, a much more balanced view from you Cicero.

Eden, along with whoever was playing the opposite side of the pitch, having licence to move inside, instead of being pinned to the flank which the previous coach insisted on, has been key to allowing him to flourish into the exciting attacking player he is.

If you listen to his interviews, he says as much each time he gets the chance.

6 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Yes, a much more balanced view from you Cicero.

Eden, along with whoever was playing the opposite side of the pitch, having licence to move inside, instead of being pinned to the flank which the previous coach insisted on, has been key to allowing him to flourish into the exciting attacking player he is.

If you listen to his interviews, he says as much each time he gets the chance.

Hi Term-X

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I was a big fan of Robben, he did well for us but he was also very injury prone. Not just at Chelsea but all his career, at that point we were looking to cash in. He played three seasons for the club and he was superb in all three.

Well Robben was touched up by Madrid to get him out of Chelsea. Something we are lead to believe they have done to Eden. The only difference is, Eden has not given them the Green light, where Robben waited till the Chelsea squad touched down in America to drop his bombshell of wanting to move on to the waiting Spanish press.

I humble suggest your harsh words are pointed in the wrong direction.

18 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

If this season finishes tomorrow, Eden in 2014-15 (the last league winning season) was better.

Yeah I would say that is a very fair comment, however you only have to listen to him to accept he is far more happy with this positioning under Conte.

After that great Premier league winning season, teams doubled and trebled up against him and I have always felt that was enough to give him the benefit of the doubt on if was putting it in that season or not.

For him to continually bring up the being pinned out wide during that 15-16 season, when interviewed this, while a direct illumination of the previous managers preference, I think he genuinely wants people to know he was trying last season, just played to instruction and was snuffed out by oppositions expecting him to do the same each week.

Word is after Jose was sacked Eden sent him a text to say sorry and point out he wasnt a Machine.

25 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Yeah I would say that is a very fair comment, however you only have to listen to him to accept he is far more happy with this positioning under Conte.

After that great Premier league winning season, teams doubled and trebled up against him and I have always felt that was enough to give him the benefit of the doubt on if was putting it in that season or not.

For him to continually bring up the being pinned out wide during that 15-16 season, when interviewed this, while a direct illumination of the previous managers preference, I think he genuinely wants people to know he was trying last season, just played to instruction and was snuffed out by oppositions expecting him to do the same each week.

Word is after Jose was sacked Eden sent him a text to say sorry and point out he wasnt a Machine.

How do you explain Hazard subbing himself off 3 times when absolutely nothing was wrong with him at all? That's a losers attitude and shows a weak mentality and is one of the reasons why he'll never be one of the worlds best players.