talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

22 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Is it not time for Manchester City to move on from Kompany? He's a walking sick note these days and has been for a few seasons now. 

@Happy Blue

We need another CB that can sort the defence when he's out, we was all over the place today  ..why we haven't bought a proven leader for that spot could cost us the title again

• 3 weeks later...

So are injury's going to de-rail our season again??  ..Mendy will be lucky to play again this season leaving us with only 2 fullbacks, Kompany injured already leaving us with 3 CB's, Aguero going to be out for a bit leaving us with 1 striker, Gundogan is a time bomb leaving us with just 20 mids  ..we need to buy some players this January 4 sure

Manchester City flyer Leroy Sane has clocked the fastest sprint since Premier League records began.

The Blues ace was recorded running at 35.48 kilometres per hour (22.05 mph) in the 1-0 win at Chelsea, which outstripped the previous fastest, by Jamie Vardy in 2015-16 season.

To put that in perspective, if Sane could sustain that pace over 100 metres, he would have qualified for the semi-finals at the last Olympics!

And that will come as bad news for Kyle Walker , who last week challenged both Sane and Raheem Sterling to a 100 metres sprint after discovering that on the Fifa 18 computer game he had been ranked below the two City wingers in terms of pace.

But Walker still has the 11 fastest time of 35.23kph (21.89mph) which means he is ahead of Raheem Sterling – who is only City's third fastest player – with 35.04kph (21.77mph).

The statistics come from Opta, who began clocking Premier League footballers in 2014. 

Walker was taken aback when the Fifa ratings were revealed last week when he was rated below both Sane and Sterling, proclaiming he was “definitely quicker” than both.

He added: “Let's have a 100-metre sprint for charity. Not a problem. With us three, and I guarantee I will win.” 

Another man who questioned the Fifa ratings was Ilkay Gundogan, who pointed to his box-to-box burst against Shakhtar Donetsk last week as proof.

But the stats bear out Fifa's low rating – the Germany international has only been faster than goalkeepers Ederson and Claudio Bravo this season with 29.4kph (18.26mph).

The top three City speedsters are not a surprise, but the fact that John Stones is fifth, after Danilo and ahead of Sergio Aguero and Benjamin Mendy, is a shock!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-fastest-player-sane-13709419

• Administrator

Pep xD 

I hate Stan Collymore to be honest. Acting like he's still relevant and is one of those (albeit on TalkSport) where if you can shout louder than the person you're talking to you think it makes you right. 

So we are getting a weekly behind the scenes tv series on Amazon Prime which will be for a full season and put another 10million in war chest  ..sky sports are not happy about it but seems we are going ahead with it anyway :ph34r:   ..mixed feelings about it really, think Netflex are doing something along these lines with Juventus too

@Happy Blue

I can't remember if I said at the time but credit to your club mate, the performance you lot put in was one of the best I've seen from an away team at Stamford Bridge in a good while. The only other one over the years that comes to mind that was better or equal to it was Atletico's at Stamford Bridge in the semi final of the Champions league a few seasons back.

Credit to Pep, building a great side, still early days in the season mind but things are looking good for you lot.

5 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

@Happy Blue

I can't remember if I said at the time but credit to your club mate, the performance you lot put in was one of the best I've seen from an away team at Stamford Bridge in a good while. The only other one over the years that comes to mind that was better or equal to it was Atletico's at Stamford Bridge in the semi final of the Champions league a few seasons back.

Credit to Pep, building a great side, still early days in the season mind but things are looking good for you lot.

Thanks mate, long way to go and a few injury's could change everything like they did last season   ..looks like we have a good keeper this year though, Bravo was a shambles last season with one of the worse shot to save ratio's in Europe xD

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Thanks mate, long way to go and a few injury's could change everything like they did last season   ..looks like we have a good keeper this year though, Bravo was a shambles last season with one of the worse shot to save ratio's in Europe xD

Thought he was the best mate? 

48 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Yeah amazing what a good keeper can do.

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Yep, a good keeper like Ederson will win you a good amount of games a season's like he did yesterday with his penalty save

Without a doubt, he's still very young too so plenty of room to develop as well. exciting times

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Pep Talk said:

which does take time when adjusting new pieces in a system.

Pep is still financially backed more than any other manager in the world (Apart from Emery) 

That said, it's something I admire from City. Ambition. Mix in some academy products and you lot are heading in the right direction.