talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

Manchester City have confirmed the signing of the goalkeeper Ederson from Benfica. The 23-year-old Brazilian has cost €40m (£34.7m) and becomes Pep Guardiola’s second signing of the summer after the midfielder Bernado Silva.

Ederson’s fee is a British record for a goalkeeper but is eclipsed by the €53m Juventus paid Parma for Gianluigi Buffon in 2001. He will formally join City on 1 July, when the transfer window opens.

“I like everything about Manchester City,” he told the club’s website. “This is a great club, the league they have here in England and they have amazing fans and they play splendid football. I have always had the dream to play in English football and now I’m going to make it true.

“With Pep Guardiola, City are growing more and more. He is putting in place a young team for the future. Those were important factors in making my decision. Manchester City has an amazing squad. I think they managed to have a good season. Next season, we will have to be focused to achieve the goal of winning trophies.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/08/manchester-city-sign-benfica-goalkeeper-ederson

Edited by Happy Blue

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

If it wasn't already confirmed this must surely mean that Joe Hart is out of the door. 

It must be dissapointing for Claudio Bravo too, he came to Manchester with a lot of hype after his success with Barcelona but has really struggled to find his form and now finds himself as the number two. I wonder if he will push for a move himself in an effort to regain some of the performances from yesterday?

One of them will be out the door and the other will be back up as Caballero has gone too  ..hopefully Hart will fight for the number one spot and Bravo gets sold

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just read this back and shows you just how much money Buffon went for. He left in 2001 and still holds the record as the most expensive transfer, you'd have thought someone would have come along and switched for a higher fee by now.

16 years ago, thats like 100million in todays market O.o

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

Cannot see Hart contemplating playing back up to this guy, brought in for big money so obviously planned for the #1 shirt.

We should of kept Caballero, decent keeper  ..think Chelsea are after him

Sanchez will link up with former boss Pep Guardiola - who managed him at Barcelona, according to respected Chilean journalist Fernando Solabarrieta, via the Sun.

Gunners striker Sanchez is out of contract in north London at the end of next season and is yet to agree a new deal.

Sanchez scored 30 times and set up 19 more but couldn't help the Gunners qualify for the Champions League.

Sanchez is currently on international duty with Chile - where he assisted Mauricio Isla during a 1-1 draw with Russia.

City have already bagged winger Bernardo Silva in a £43m move from Monaco but are ready to splash the cash after a frustrating season where they finished third.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alexis-sanchez-brink-switching-arsenal-10596592

Sterling to play full back??  ..we are getting a bit top heavy xD   ...might want to buy some defenders Pep, as it stands we only have 1 senior full back (Kolarov) and he's past his best :coffee:

Ederson

Sterling ____ Kompany ______ Sane

De Bruyne - Gundogan - Silva

Sanchez____   Jesus______Bernardo

Aguero

You score 10, we score 12?? :ph34r:

Edited by Happy Blue

• The title was changed to Sanchez Moving to Man City?
1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

He obviously wants away, but I don't know if he'd make the sideways step to Man City just for some extra money :ph34r:

It's well know Aresnal are our feeder club Adebayor, Kolo, Nasri, Vieria, Clichy, Sagna, Sanchez :ph34r:  ...if he gets promoted to Man City he might have to sit on the bench for a bit though

• 1 month later...

2ce4c50400618a1b170ea178446b02fd.png

Meet Manchester City's new affiliate, based in Guayaquil, Ecuador. They were originally River Ecuador but are now Guayaquil City FC to be the Citizens first affiliate in South America and 3rd (I believe) after Melbourne and New York City. 

Why Ecuador? No clue. I guess Argentina and Brazil weren't easy choices for the top flight, but I would have expected Uruguay for more quality footballers or Colombia for a bigger population. There have been more Ecuadorians in England in the past decade, so that could've have been a factor. 

There are rumours that they aren't affiliated to City at all, but I'm not believing it as they have "City" in their name in a Spanish speaking country and their crest screams them out. It seems odd that River would just randomly change to that.

• Subscriber

https://streamable.com/5pk91

Some interesting comments from Samuel Eto'o on Guardiola and also Mourinho. I'd take anything he says with a massive pinch of salt though given that he reportedly spent half his time in the Everton changing rooms trying to convince players that they should move to bigger clubs, cunt.

Ederson

Kompany - Sones

Walker - Gundogan - Mendy

Sane  - De Bruyne - Silva - Bernardo

Jesus

BENCH:-Bravo, Otamendi, Sanchez, Sterling, Aguero, Roberts, Mbappe

L@@king good! :banana: the quad is on 4 sure !!!

Edited by Happy Blue

Just now, Cicero said:

Also looked like a mug against United, but lets keep that on the hush hush 

Only been back training a few days, was clearly working the holiday beer & drugs off :coffee:  ....still made some great saves, he's a natural 

PEP THANKS BOARD FOR LANDING BERNARDO

Pep Guardiola has thanked the Manchester City board for all their work in helping to secure the summer signing of Bernardo Silva.

The Portuguese midfielder emerged as one of European football's most sought-after players last season during Monaco's march to the French league title and semi-finals of the Champions League.

And the 22-year-old subsequently became the first of City's summer signings, signing a five-year contract with the Club.

Having linked up with his new team-mates last week after being on international duty with Portugal earlier this summer,  Bernardo made his City debut in last Friday's 3-0 pre-season win over West Ham in Iceland, coming on as a second half substitute.

And as the build-up to Saturday's Premier League opener away at Brighton continues, Guardiola revealed how grateful he was to the City board for their work in clinching the signing of Bernardo.

"I'm so grateful - thanks so much to the club for picking him up," said the City manager. "Bernardo played his first minutes and he was immediately ready to play. Intelligent players don't need time to be involved in the way we want to play.

"Bernardo is a guy who loves football, who lives 24 hours thinking about the game. I like that. He is a humble guy - he's so intelligent, which is a huge quality. Close to the box he has the quality to score a lot of goals and he's a fighter too so he's going to help us during the season."

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2017/august/pep-guardiola-praise-for-bernardo-silva-signing

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Is it not time for Manchester City to move on from Kompany? He's a walking sick note these days and has been for a few seasons now. 

@Happy Blue

They can't move on from Kompany, he's the only decent defender they have.  I would go so far as to say unless they keep him some what healthy they won't win the league.