talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

31 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Seems to be a lot of those 'Paedophile Hunters' catching people near where I live and exposing them on social media. They caught a bloke who owns a clothes shop yesterday and surprise, surprise the shop was covered in graffiti and eggs and flour this morning. 

I don't get them Paedophile Hunters. Alright, they do a good job catching people who would have otherwise gone undetected but I find them a bit "look at me, give us praise" when they expose people on social media, is there actually any need? They could quite easily collate all the evidence and just hand it to police rather than going looking for likes on social media. 

There's definitely shades of trying to gain fame through it, they don't need to record it all and it's definitely not a deterrent.

One geezer caught one from my hometown, when the Police turned up and asked him to move away from the guy he caught he started going mental at the Police...don't call them if you don't want their help.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Seems to be a lot of those 'Paedophile Hunters' catching people near where I live and exposing them on social media. They caught a bloke who owns a clothes shop yesterday and surprise, surprise the shop was covered in graffiti and eggs and flour this morning. 

I don't get them Paedophile Hunters. Alright, they do a good job catching people who would have otherwise gone undetected but I find them a bit "look at me, give us praise" when they expose people on social media, is there actually any need? They could quite easily collate all the evidence and just hand it to police rather than going looking for likes on social media. 

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

There's definitely shades of trying to gain fame through it, they don't need to record it all and it's definitely not a deterrent.

One geezer caught one from my hometown, when the Police turned up and asked him to move away from the guy he caught he started going mental at the Police...don't call them if you don't want their help.

agree with this. All well and good they catch these pricks but the motive seems to be skewed - as if they're doing it for their own benefit as opposed to actually getting a pedo off the streets. 

Apparently police don't like that they try to take the law in to their own hands as well and it can affect their ongoing investigations too in some cases. 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

agree with this. All well and good they catch these pricks but the motive seems to be skewed - as if they're doing it for their own benefit as opposed to actually getting a pedo off the streets. 

Apparently police don't like that they try to take the law in to their own hands as well and it can affect their ongoing investigations too in some cases. 

These "hunters" could potentially jeopardise wider investigations into these people and I can see why the police might get the hump. 

Cup final for my team tomorrow. Second biggest cup competition in the state. Feeling right shite, dislocated my big toe on Thursday, everything is fucked but going to give it a go! Clubs first final since 1992. Let's hope this time tomorrow I'm back on here celebrating a true underdog story!!! 

Edited by Anton
  • Upvote 2

Not sure how many have heard of him but tomorrow I'm going to meet Hector Chumpitaz who is the greatest South American central defender of all time. Some say he is better than Figueroa and Pasarella. Captain of America and the person I've looked up to for a long time.

My grandfather my idol passed away this morning unexpectedly. I'm shattered. I know we all go through this but in a week where I'm meant to commit my long term future to my job and department - it's just another reminder that life is short(that cliche) and incredibly unpredictable. Got me thinking. 

• Upvote 1

so ona lighter note, im hangong woth this chixk from work tomorrow and i thought its be all booze and banter but she doesnt want to drink

ive literally never in this situation before, everyone drinks back home in my family and social circles, its literaly an alien environment for me

the fuck do i do? did i miaread this situation? does she want me to fuck her silly on my marriage bed?

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Anton said:

My grandfather my idol passed away this morning unexpectedly. I'm shattered. I know we all go through this but in a week where I'm meant to commit my long term future to my job and department - it's just another reminder that life is short(that cliche) and incredibly unpredictable. Got me thinking. 

Sorry for your loss Anton. Thoughts with you and your family. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Anton said:

Sorry to hear that mate.  The memories live forever though mate! RIP

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Anton said:

Ah mate, I feel for you. My grandfather passed this year too. And you’re right, life events like these make us take note of our own mortality and how trivial the day to day stresses we subject ourselves to are. 

15 hours ago, Anton said:

So sorry to hear that mate - thinking of you my friend.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Anton said:

My condolences. I empathise with you, my grandfather passed away in front of me on my 14th birthday; just feel proud that you had the joy to know your grandfather for such a long time of your life.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I lost my Grandfather from my Dad's side a few years ago and it's hard to describe it in words other than it being really, really shit. 

Condolences @Anton, remember the good times and they'll always be with you. 

pretty much this (both from mum and dad's side). The former 2 days before my 15th birthday.

Losing any grandparent is sickening because as a child growing up they're seen as so loving and often the most fun family member you can be around as a kid. 

• Upvote 1