talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Administrator

On the way to Wales for a weekend away in Snowdonia with a few mates from work.

Driving there and so much traffic on m1 and m6 doing my head in. Thankfully stopped off and just demolished a KFC. Fucking service station has ran out of bacon so can't have the double down. 

• Administrator

If anyone plans on driving to Wales either to or near Mount Snowdon or the national park in general, here's one tip... 

DO NOT DRIVE HERE WHEN IT GETS DARK! 

Now, I love driving and don't mind it in the dark but this was the most dangerous road I've been on (the a5). Torrential rain, bendy and narrow roads, windy conditions do not make for a pleasant drive. Let alone it being pitch black and most of the road having no street lighting. What's more daunting is the fact you're on a road in the dark and either side of you is pure darkness as well as its just mountainous and no sign of life. Makes it quite eerie! 

On 11/10/2017 at 11:39 PM, Anton said:

My grandfather my idol passed away this morning unexpectedly. I'm shattered. I know we all go through this but in a week where I'm meant to commit my long term future to my job and department - it's just another reminder that life is short(that cliche) and incredibly unpredictable. Got me thinking. 

Sorry to hear that mate. My grandfather was somewhat of a father figure to me growing up so I understand what you're going through. Stay strong for your family. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stan said:

On the way to Wales for a weekend away in Snowdonia with a few mates from work.

Driving there and so much traffic on m1 and m6 doing my head in. Thankfully stopped off and just demolished a KFC. Fucking service station has ran out of bacon so can't have the double down. 

I thought you weren't allowed pork? :ph34r:

On a serious note, I had a double down the other day and it was lovely. The only problem is, you don't get much with a "meal", so you need to buy a few pieces of chicken. They are nice though, but what I don't get is why they advertise them with just cheese or bacon and cheese together but not bacon only? Obviously they will give you one without cheese if you ask, but why not advertise it that way?

KFC's service is slow as fuck while on the subject. If there are more than 2 people in the queue then you will be in there for about 3 hours. They take the piss.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

17 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

On a serious note, I had a double down the other day and it was lovely. The only problem is, you don't get much with a "meal", so you need to buy a few pieces of chicken. They are nice though, but what I don't get is why they advertise them with just cheese or bacon and cheese together but not bacon only? Obviously they will give you one without cheese if you ask, but why not advertise it that way?

KFC's service is slow as fuck while on the subject. If there are more than 2 people in the queue then you will be in there for about 3 hours. They take the piss.

Where I used to live the KFC was known for running out of chicken

• Administrator
On 14/10/2017 at 11:03 AM, The Rebel CRS said:

had it on the way back from Wales today and it was decent. Bit messy to eat, mind. Tasty, for sure. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I think its from the tale end of Hurricane Ermintrude or whatever they are calling it... the one that's sweeping through Ireland 

Nice and warm out.. feels like the tropics.. 

Ophelia xD !

I've also heard it's from forest fire dust/smoke in Portugal/Spain. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Same here. Looked weird as fuck but is sunny here now.

Forgot to ask earlier, any particular reason for visiting Snowdonia or was it just sightseeing?

you affected by the hurricane (yet)?

About 5-6 of us wanted a trip away a few months ago for a long weekend with a bit of adventure. This came up as an idea and seemed quite reasonable (didn't want to go abroad, mind). A couple dropped out a few days before so ended up just being 4 of us. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

you affected by the hurricane (yet)?

About 5-6 of us wanted a trip away a few months ago for a long weekend with a bit of adventure. This came up as an idea and seemed quite reasonable (didn't want to go abroad, mind). A couple dropped out a few days before so ended up just being 4 of us. 

Nah. The sky's cleared and it's just windy now. Nothing major.

Fair enough on Snowdonia. Only been there once or twice when I was a kid and was very nice. This was about 20 years ago mind.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Danny said:

@Stan it was from the Sahara

@Danny it was both

An "unusual" reddish sky and red-looking sun have been reported across many parts of England.

The phenomenon was initially seen in the west of England and Wales before spreading to other areas.

BBC weather presenter Simon King said it was due to the remnants of Hurricane Ophelia dragging in tropical air and dust from the Sahara.

He added that debris from forest fires in Portugal and Spain was also playing a part.