talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 13th June - France 3-2 England

football forum

35 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I think those comments are more psychological to the players than anything. Morale must be shot to pieces and if they're getting hammered by everybody I can't see Gareth Urmm Southgate being the man to pick them back up. We've just got to massage their flacid ego's otherwise in a hiarlious circumstance we could drop points to Slovakia and Slovenia and end up not qualifying. We'd really struggle in other groups at the moment.

Surely though that's part of the problem? Massaging egos. Their club managers wouldn't be praising performances like that if those performances were so consistently poor, get at them and drive a reply. It's just been a concession of tournaments and managers where poor performances and shit finishes are palmed off with the "they're good lads it's alright" style mentality.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Danny said:

Surely though that's part of the problem? Massaging egos. Their club managers wouldn't be praising performances like that if those performances were so consistently poor, get at them and drive a reply. It's just been a concession of tournaments and managers where poor performances and shit finishes are palmed off with the "they're good lads it's alright" style mentality.

I can't remember the media being very supportive after Iceland.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived