talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Learning Spanish

football forum

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

You really are a strange chap.  Do you express yourself in real life like you do on the web? xD

You use adjectives that in some senses can be offensive like in this case on this post (not that I'm personally offended because I don't care.  In other cases you just proclaim and opinion without wanting , but what you've written is verging on stupidity and the ridiculous.  You don't seem to have very evolved social skills where interaction and respect are concerned.  You are very self centred.

Let me dissect what you've said for a bit;

• "Spain Spanish is awful"

awful

ˈɔːf(ə)l/

adjective

adjective: awful

very bad or unpleasant.

"the place smelled awful"

synonyms:very unpleasant, disgusting, nasty, terrible, dreadful, ghastly, horrid, horrible, vile, foul, abominable, appalling, atrocious, horrendous, hideous, offensive, objectionable, obnoxious, frightful, loathsome, revolting, repulsive, repellent, repugnant, odious, sickening, nauseating, nauseous; More

antonyms:lovely, wonderful, good, excellent

extremely shocking; horrific.

"awful, bloody images"

synonyms:serious, grave, bad, terrible, dreadful, alarming, critical

"Ronnie's awful accident at the crossroads"

antonyms:slight, minor

(of a person) very unwell or troubled.

"I felt awful for being so angry with him"

synonyms:ill, unwell, washed out, peaky; More

used to emphasize the extent of something, especially something unpleasant or negative.

"I've made an awful fool of myself"

archaic

inspiring reverential wonder or fear.

synonyms:awe-inspiring, awesome, impressive, amazing; More

adverb

NORTH AMERICANinformal

adverb: awful

awfully; very.

"we're an awful long way from the motorway"

Origin

Old English (see awe, -ful).

Is this a fact?  It's known throughout the world to be an awful form of Spanish?...  Really?

Who has determined this "fact" or is it an opinion.

So if we use the English language (that which was created in England by the English as was Spanish by the Spanish who gave it to you) we must go to the synonym version for you because I doubt you've really stopped to think about when you say (or in this case write) something.  So Spanish spoken in Spain (a country with about 780 forms of accent from regional to provincial to finally even variations from town to town or from village to village...  It's Disgusting, unpleasant, nasty or maybe even terrible?  We could go on with the synonyms but this will already be long as I'm currently educating you.

Again my question would be is this a literary of linguistic fact you are stating because the global form significance of everything you wrote was that it's factual as you also added Chileans who for you officially have the WORST accent!

Indeed...  There is an official rating and score chart which offers a positional league system where how Chileans speak the Spanish language have developed their form which inadvertently has ended up being the official worst form in the Spanish speaking world of Latin America.  But then again (this is going to be funny this bit because his name even pops up on this thread hahaha)...  you said that Marek Hamšík is the 3rd best player in Napoli's history!  For who?  For you!  Oh no, not for you because again you emphasised that this is factual in some sort of scientific calculation of the quality of a football player and always accounting for the thousands that have played for the club.  You know! ;)

Let's go on Brian....

Next up came this little gem!

The Spanish alphabet according to La RAE says that the new revised form is comprised of 27 letters;

a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, ñ, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z

Now...  We have a dilemma here:  The letters "S", "Z" and even in many cases the letter "C"

For Latin American speakers of the Spanish language there may as well be only the "S" or maybe the "Z" come to think about it...  Oh, hold on a minute, actually also the letter "C" because you pronounce every single one in the same manner.  You choose, which one is better because nobody knows what the hell os going on as there is no definition between any of them with the "C" only cropping up in very few cases to be honest.

Have a read of this:

Como ha aclarado JolSauron, en el centro y norte de España no hay ceceo, sino el dialecto castellano puro y duro, que pronuncia /s/ o /θ/ según esté en el español escrito la "s" o la "z" (o la "c" cuando tiene sonido "z" en "ce" y"ci"), y que en Españase ha considerado mucho tiempo, y de hecho se considera, el español ...8 Mar 2013

This may explain the phonetics reasoning behind the situation revolving the "Z", "S" and even the "C"

So, to differentiate between Gonsales how you guys say it but is spelt Gonzalez, we have developed the 'th' Brian.  Nothing is correct remember because speech in form of linguistics is a form of communication and each area developed its own customs surrounding pronunciation.

Infact seeing as you brought Portuguese into the equation, I will say this Brian...  If we're going to look for or analyse correct phonetical written forms that express an accurate pronunciation, we would have to say that the Portuguese with their language, managed to correct and iron out all the discrepancies in this section of the argument because Gonzalez in Portuguese would infact be written GONZALES or GONSALES with the "Z" in the former being pronounced like the "Z" in English or Italian for example. You know, like a fly buzzing around. :D Or maybe like the written expression for sleeping... ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzz :what:

Now...  The expression you give and the end of that quote with the "FFS" is another example of your character...  For Fuck Sake like, Duh, what a bunch of idiots.  You know...  I'm very good at this because I'm a sociologist by profession and I cap people off in an instant, with you a long time ago.  But lets just carry on...

• Awful crops up again

This one I would have to go back to the first point I made...  There is a pattern being created here it seems.  Now, I wouldn't want to accuse you of having an inferiority complex which is what at a distance using the simple knowledge I have of you with the facility of conversing via internet.  That would be rather unfair, but if I were a betting man which I'm not, I'd put a bit of money on that.  The pattern that's cropping up is a simple one in that you are very pro-Latin America (lets ignore your ultra-patriotism because that's another issue that doesn't need to be used here and now) which is fine.  Nothing wrong with that until the person that has an affliction with this sort of thing be they from wherever on the planet, will automatically and systematically be ignored by intelligent people because they will inevitably have a visceral part to their character that will not enable them to listen or to feel they have something to learn on many other varying issues of life.  This is a problem, but one that can be solved by either searching for help via a confidence manager that will see you feel that you are not really inferior to anyone or anything or in another case learn about the fact that life isn't so black and white and that we can't rank everything in life with a stick.

Again we have an exclaimed fact on your part...  Portugal's Portuguese (the ones that invented Portuguese) has an awful form of the language.  Not, it's not about what you're used to listening to all your life as with Spanish from Latin America be it in your daily life, watching movies, tv or listening to radio.  No...  It's a fact!

I've just thought about this mind you!

Insular means "having a narrow view of the world," like insular people who never leave their small town, which enables them to believe that every place in the world is the same and the people are all just like them. The adjective insular comes from the Latin word insula, which means “island.”

But lets keep on track...

The pattern becomes more acute!  It's incredible that in three simple sentences one can dissect someone in an instant.  This isn't always the case though Brian because in the majority of cases humans are very complexed pieces of equipment that need a hell of a lot more examples before they come to a conclusion, a fair conclusion with nothing ever being certain because as we all know (except for you), nothing is concrete and what I say isn't gospel without an opening or access for argument and debate.  I don't subscribe to conjecture you see!

But here we have one of the best cases which describe you but also we mustn't forget the rest of the post.  We can't just use this for my conclusion which is you are a narcissist but a strange version because you also do seem to have a serious case of an inferiority complex which stops you from speaking or writing what you really feel as the truth or better said, the more general view of the truth by a generalised proportion of the world.

So YOU DON'T ENJOY IT EY! :dunce:...  Ok then. 9_9

Finally, the capper!  Le pièce de résistance;  (lucky they don't speak French in Latin America or they'd have a better version and France's would be awful xD (or do they speak French somewhere in Latin America?) :twothumbsup:

This bit I loved;

Need I say anymore!

I love people like you. :friends:

Balon this cracked me up, can do you one for me also? xD

Hell, we could even turn this into a thread, like "Your mental image of members" but with words instead of images and you as the sole poster.  :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The Spanish alphabet according to La RAE says that the new revised form is comprised of 27 letters;

a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, ñ, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z

I always include "ll" as a letter itself. It's not recognised in the alphabet nowadays technically, but that's how I learnt it originally so to me it'll always be a letter in the alphabet.

Archived