talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

• Subscriber

Haha, I'm sure it was out of frustration after yet another poor season by us, and granted, he was just as guilty for it as the other players in the team; quite a few blunders, complete lack of confidence, etc. 

Now the question is, does he retire or go back to Peru to play for Alianza Lima? His wife wants to stay in Germany and his kids are German. In the middle of school in Germany which if you go back to Peru you need to have the credentials to study in a university (hence why I'm only in a college).

If I were him, I'd stay in Germany. Going back to Peru would be a mistake for him in my opinion.

Edited by Guest

• Subscriber

He said he wants to play football for one more year, it's not clear whether in Peru or Germany/Europe though. I think he'll stay in Germany long-term anyway, our management considers offering him some sort of position at the club after he retires too. 

16 hours ago, nudge said:

He said he wants to play football for one more year, it's not clear whether in Peru or Germany/Europe though. I think he'll stay in Germany long-term anyway, our management considers offering him some sort of position at the club after he retires too. 

FIFA 17

• Subscriber

We have just completed the first ever marketing transfer in the club's history :ph34r: A Chinese striker Yuning Zhan is joining us for a 2 year loan from Arnheim/West Brom. Looks like the first step into the Chinese market.

• Subscriber

Aaaand as expected, we get our first sponsor from China. A deal with Heji18.com, a Chinese online  gaming and betting provider, will allegedly bring us around 800.000 Euro annually. 

2345907_1_articledetailpremium_sponsor.j

Pizarro off the Dusseldorf according to the press here. No surprise really, there's no chance he's going to leave Germany. He's settled and I'm pretty sure his wife has made it clear that they are not going back to Peru under no circumstances. 

6 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Pizarro off the Dusseldorf according to the press here. No surprise really, there's no chance he's going to leave Germany. He's settled and I'm pretty sure his wife has made it clear that they are not going back to Peru under no circumstances. 

Hmm, so far there are only rumours that our bosses want to talk about it. I don't know what his wage demands are, but I think the money would be better invested in some youngsters or the infrastructure. But maybe he's willing to accept a much lower wage, and he'll be absolutely smashing it in the 2. Bundesliga. And who'd refuse the opportunity to become teammates with the great Axel Bellinghausen?!?!?! 

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Werder Bremen to sign U.S. under-20 attacker Josh Sargent next year

Werder Bremen will sign U.S. under-20 international attacker Josh Sargent when he turns 18 in February.

Sargent, 17, featured for United States at the under-20 World Cup in South Korea, where he scored four goals.

He has already trained with several European clubs including PSV Eindhoven and Schalke but has made the decision to join Bremen.

"We've tracked Joshua for a long time, and therefore it wasn't a big surprise to us that he made himself known internationally through remarkable performances," Bremen squad manager Tim Steidten said of the Scott Gallagher Missouri player.

"He's among the most promising players of his age group worldwide."

Sargent will join the U.S. U17 team at the World Cup in India in October, and is expected to arrive at Bremen ahead of his 18th birthday on Feb. 20.

"Josh can get to know the club and the city. He will train with our U23 team, and play matches from the summer on," Steidten said.

Sargent said: "I am already looking forward to the coming year and the new sporting challenge at Bremen.

"They made great efforts to get me, and in the past have shown they can help young talents like me to an ideal start to their professional career.

"Therefore, the decision to continue my career in Bremen was not difficult." 

Source: https://www.espnfc.com/story/3208888/werder-bremen-to-sign-us-under-20-attacker-josh-sargent-next-year

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/10/2017 at 3:34 PM, nudge said:

But of course!  A legend :x One of my greatest football heroes growing up... What is he up to these days?

He's in New Zealand. Got the interview with him in the end. Lovely bloke, not sure what he's up to though. Probably just enjoying life.

Edited by Guest

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Blue said:

He's in New Zealand. Got the interview with him in the end. Lovely bloke, not sure what he's up to though. Probably just enjoying life.

He's also representing our interests in China and does a bit of scouting in general, apparently; also has a football academy in New Zealand. 

How did the interview go? :) Any chance to read it somewhere?

40 minutes ago, nudge said:

He's also representing our interests in China and does a bit of scouting in general, apparently; also has a football academy in New Zealand. 

How did the interview go? :) Any chance to read it somewhere?

I'll try to have it on my website today. I think it went well. Not my best interview but definitely the one that will be most reputable behind my interview with Mark Bosnich.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Blue said:

I'll try to have it on my website today. I think it went well. Not my best interview but definitely the one that will be most reputable behind my interview with Mark Bosnich.

Cool, give me a link when it's there! 

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

@nudge does jean-manuel mbom has potential to do well for Werder Bremen and Germany?

I surely do hope so. It's too early to tell, especially when it comes to Germany, but he's definitely the most talented player in our youth setup, and it says a lot as our current U17s are highly talented in general. The problem is, we seem to be really shit in developing youth players for our first team. There have been quite a few talented youngsters in our youth ranks throughout the years, yet we failed to give them adequate chances and keep them in the club.