talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ancient Cities

football forum

• Subscriber

Ancient Cities is a survival and strategy city builder based on ancient times. It is currently being developed by UncasualGames.

Starting in the Neolithic era you will have to guide your people through generations, discovering and improving technologies, managing resources and population, facing your human or natural enemies, and ultimately, building the most fantastic city of antiquity in a fully simulated world and ecosystem.

Main features

All meaningful for gameplay!

• Build your city through the ages with evolving gameplay
  • Simulated years, seasons, day cycles and weather
  • Simulated ecosystem where every plant and animal you see is growing, reproducing and dying
    Exploit and take care of it
  • Natural disasters
  • Build your defenses to protect your city. Ancient times were harsh!
  • Switchable gameplay layers like combat or natural disasters.
    Play your game!
  • Organic city layouts let you plan and build your city in a realistic way
  • Wonders, including megaliths!
  • Very innovative technology system
  • Politics, religion, social classes and family structures
  • Every citizen's attributes, experience and knowledge are simulated.
    Each citizen has their own aspirations and decides how to live, where they work and if they come or leave the city.
  • Economy, resource management and production chains including clothing, tools, food, wares, etc...
  • Buildings and resources decay. No more bread lasting for years!
  • Simulated world context and migrations.
    Different factions use trading, fighting and influence to dominate the world.

Source: https://ancient-cities.com/

-------------------------------------------

The trailer and the screenshots look amazing. There's been a lack of historical city building games since the old Pharaoh and Caesar days, so I'm hoping this will be good. Release expected in 2018.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nudge said:

I just downloaded Caesar 3, haven't played it in like 15 years... It's still quality.

I used to have one of them I cant remember which one. Anno was another one I used to dabble with. 

Rome 2 Total War is my current time sponge but that's mostly Just for Conquest and big battles mostly

Sometimes I just need to raise my sword and lead my army to certain victory! 

Other times I like to grow crops, chop trees, build huts and live in peace with everyone

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I used to have one of them I cant remember which one. Anno was another one I used to dabble with. 

Rome 2 Total War is my current time sponge but that's mostly Just for Conquest and big battles mostly

Sometimes I just need to raise my sword and lead my army to certain victory! 

Other times I like to grow crops, chop trees, build huts and live in peace with everyone

Ha, I don't enjoy battles and prefer peaceful city building mostly. My all time favourites are Pharaoh and Caesar 3, but the former doesn't run well on Windows 7/8, sadly. Tropico is another classic. 

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

Ha, I don't enjoy battles and prefer peaceful city building mostly. My all time favourites are Pharaoh and Caesar 3, but the former doesn't run well on Windows 7/8, sadly. Tropico is another classic. 

Haha what are you, a girl? :ph34r: 

• 3 years later...

Archived