talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2. Bundesliga 2017/2018

Jesus, what a match against Union Berlin. First half was great, and we could have lead 2 or even 3-0 instead of 1-0. 2nd half started shaky and Berlin scored two lucky goals. But to come back from a 1-2 showed amazing team spirit. The new signings looked great as well. It's crazy how many Japanese Fans there were in the stadium. 

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:( I still can't believe how this happened today. Offensively we played one hell of a match, seriously. We had chances for 3 matches but we just could not finish today. Nurnberg scored 2 goals out of nowhere in the first half and just with the start of the second half the referee handed them a freekick (which was a total joke) and they were up 3:0. 

After that we kept on going forward and it felt like we had a huge chance every 2 minutes but we just could not convert them. Defensively we were just too naive today. That totally killed us. 

I still think we should have won this match (and would have if we scored in the first half).

I know how crazy this sounds after such a shocking result... 

Thinking more and more that you guys will get promoted this year. 

Still hard to tell but there as there is not that one team dominating the league but I think you are definitely one of the candidates.

Und ihr habt das Glück, dass man braucht :P Das Glück dass wir überhaupt nicht haben

I'm not getting my hopes up. Fortuna is known for playing a good first half of the season, and then totally crumbling in the second half. But maybe this season will be different. The squad depth is like 100% better than last season. 

• Administrator

watching Union Berlin vs Kaiserlautern before the Arsenal and Betis games. Sebastian Polter (ex-QPR) has scored a lovely goal to put Berlin ahead. Just looked at the  table and Kaiserslautern are bottom :o. Didn't know they were that bad?

Well, Fortuna are the favourites as leaders, but Duisburg played a decent season so far (considering they just got promoted) with some great new signings. Atmosphere should be great considering it's a derby. Over 40k tickets sold. I'll be there, near the corner flag. I'll wave when the camera points towards me. 

I'll still predict a 2 or 3-0 for Fortuna. :drunk:

We are missing our best striker today so it will be even more tough. But of course I'm hoping for the best, everything is possible

Did not travel to Düsseldorf as the organisation (?) for the guest supporters is always disastrous when we are playing there.

Probably will regret it once the match starts :P

This match is so typical for our season so far.

We are creating more (+ better) chances but we just can't convert the biggest chances while our opponent scores one totally lucky deflected goal.

Our fullbacks are lacking the quality for this league though. Especially Erat (our right back) is horrible tonight. Almost responsible for all Fortuna chances. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived