talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cartoons

football forum

Now I know they majority of us are technically "Adults", but are there any of you that still watch some cartoons? I don't mean anime I mean like something along the lines of Adventure Time, Steven Universe, etc.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't watch much TV at all but Cartoon Network has got it right in recent years. Shows that are enjoyable for everyone and not just kids.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

If I were to flick on Cartoon Network right now, it would be a 12 hour block of Teen Titans. The quality is still there but not the absolute quantity of the early-mid 00s.

What in the holy mother of fuck happened to that show? It used to be bloody quality back then. Dark and very action packed with a good story line. Almost as good as the Justice league. 

Now they completely revamped it. Different childish animation and made solely for comedy purposes. 

teen-titans-then-vs-teen-titans-now.jpg

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

What in the holy mother of fuck happened to that show? It used to be bloody quality back then. Dark and very action packed with a good story line. Almost as good as the Justice league. 

Now they completely revamped it. Different childish animation and made solely for comedy purposes. 

Yeah, it got better. Cool your jets, it's unrelated to the other program; nobody throws fits over all the different Batman films and shows there has been. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

teen-titans-then-vs-teen-titans-now.jpg

I wouldn't know what Teen Titans was without you posting that image. I remember 6 year old me having a massive crush on the girl in the good, was pretty confident she's called Raven and glad to see that Wikipedia can verify that for me. Clearly I wasn't 6, clearly it was actually last year :ph34r:. Whatever that is in the second half though looks utterly ridiculous. Is that actually the show? Is the one in the top right naked and covered in mud? Jesus.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah, it got better. Cool your jets, it's unrelated to the other program; nobody throws fits over all the different Batman films and shows there has been. 

Knew you were bent. 

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I wouldn't know what Teen Titans was without you posting that image. I remember 6 year old me having a massive crush on the girl in the good, was pretty confident she's called Raven and glad to see that Wikipedia can verify that for me. Clearly I wasn't 6, clearly it was actually last year :ph34r:. Whatever that is in the second half though looks utterly ridiculous. Is that actually the show? Is the one in the top right naked and covered in mud? Jesus.

Complete shambles of what it used to be. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Knew you were bent. 

Complete shambles of what it used to be. 

You're delusional. The old show still exists, the current one has bearing on the old show. It was a goofy 50s comic anyway.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

You're delusional. The old show still exists, the current one has bearing on the old show. It was a goofy 50s comic anyway.

They cancelled the show in 2007. I read an article that Teen Titans Go was created to appeal to the younger audience as well as homosexuals. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They cancelled the show in 2007. I read an article that Teen Titans Go was created to appeal to the younger audience as well as homosexuals. 

Sorry that you can't enjoy a parody of comic heroes and everything has to be 2edgey and grimdark.

Got to say I can't stand Teen Titans Go! either, but the boys love it so it's always on. Like these though;

• Regular Show
  • The Amazing World of Gumball
  • Clarence
  • Chowder

I don't think they are on any more, but used to also like Johnny Test, Ed, Edd & Eddy, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, and Cow & Chicken.

• 6 months later...

Starting to watch the Amazing World of Gumball again. I enjoyed it when I first saw it 6 years ago, but now that my love for film has come back same with tv shows, but I can't be arsed with any of those hour long shows like the Flash or The Walking Dead, cartoons and anime has always been my way to go.

On 05/07/2017 at 17:05, Dickie said:

Now I know they majority of us are technically "Adults", but are there any of you that still watch some cartoons? I don't mean anime I mean like something along the lines of Adventure Time, Steven Universe, etc.

I think most of us are just cleverly disguised as adults

Archived