Sign in to follow this  
ScoRoss

Boxing

ScoRoss    42

As good a reason as any to start a general boxing thread.

From a man who was on the edge last year, to fighting in 3 months time. Just seems a lot in a short period of time for Fury.

LFCMike    76

See the size of him in a photo taken in a takeaway in Anglesey the other week? He's got a lot of work to do to be back in the ring in May!

I hope he is back in the ring soon though. There's some big fights out there if they can be made

Danny    136

Yet to watch Bellew and Haye but the more I hear the more it sounds like Bellew won because Haye done his ankle. Money to be made against heavyweights but doesn't bode well surely?

JOSHBRFC    68

I'm glad Khan isn't getting the PAC fight. I'm so bored of his ego and him thinking he's better than he is. Accept the Kel Brook fight ffs it would sell Wembley. 

I'd pay to see Brook v Khan I'm a big fan of Kell. 

Egginton getting a fight announced for may tomorrow, he's coming along a good win on the Haye v Bellew card that got overshadowed by the main event

LFCMike    76
33 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Anyone see Curtis Stevens get ko'ed it was bad he was out a good 5 minutes and taken out on a stretcher 

I saw the highlights Sunday morning. Pretty brutal from Lemieux

LFCMike    76

A tough nights work for Golovkin. Jacobs boxed really well and it's a huge credit to him that he recovered from the knockdown in the fourth round.

I didn't score the fight round by round but thought GGG did just enough to edge it. Barry Jones on Boxnation had Jacobs winning by a couple i think. He gave him the first three rounds though. Not much happened in those three rounds so they were hard to score. I just thought Golovkin's jab edged a couple of those in his favour.

Roman Gonzalez vs Rungvisai was an absolute cracker. If anyone missed it then it's well worth catching up with it

LFCMike    76
12 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Triple G better step it up, if he fights like that against Canelo (when it happens) i like canelo's chances. Unlike Jacobs, he will finish the job.

Jacobs was huge compared to Golovkin who isn't a massive MW anyway. He found it difficult to get on the inside against Jacobs and couldn't risk taking a shot to land one because of Jacobs' power. Golovkin v Canelo is a completely different fight. Canelo isn't going to be as evasive as Jacobs was. If Golovkin v Canelo happens this year I'd still go with Golovkin. At 35 (next month) though, he's obviously going to be on the wane. Canelo's team are probably going to drag it out as long as possible due to Golovkin's age.

JOSHBRFC    68
10 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Jacobs was huge compared to Golovkin who isn't a massive MW anyway. He found it difficult to get on the inside against Jacobs and couldn't risk taking a shot to land one because of Jacobs' power. Golovkin v Canelo is a completely different fight. Canelo isn't going to be as evasive as Jacobs was. If Golovkin v Canelo happens this year I'd still go with Golovkin. At 35 (next month) though, he's obviously going to be on the wane. Canelo's team are probably going to drag it out as long as possible due to Golovkin's age.

It's bollocks how long they've dragged it out for.

GGG vs Saunders then the winner fighting Canelo. If that happens then i'm happy.

JOSHBRFC    68

Brilliant fight! Fair play to Kel for going back down in weight to give us this fight. Hopefully he doesn't lose much advanatage draining the weight off. 

LFCMike    76

Hearn is surely going to have to have a couple of big fights on the undercard for this one. Brook isn't a pay per view fighter on his own and part time fans won't even know who Spence is.

"Local hero Anthony Crolla fell to a second defeat in succession to his Venezuelan nemesis Jorge Linares in front of 15,000 adoring fans here on Saturday night and in spite of a gutful of courage and refusing to relent, the defending WBA lightweight champion returns with promoter Oscar De La Hoya to the United States. A unification contest with WBC champion Mikey Garcia is now the most likely option. 

Repeat or revenge, the fight night had been billed, but this was a repeat on a scale Linares had insisted he would show.

It was sheer class from the 31-year-old, four-time, three weight world champion, and sheer grit from Crolla who never yielded under a hail of punches, uppercuts and combinations over the championship distance.

"What balls Crolla has," said Linares, who took the title from the Mancunian here six months ago.  All three judges scored the fight 118-109. That was fair enough.

Linares' boxing skills were classy, as was the determination of the challenger, a folk figure in these parts for tackling burglars two years ago and fracturing his skull in the process.

The first and the eighth rounds were close, but Crolla was felled by a glancing uppercut which took his legs away in delayed fashion to his brain in the seventh as Linares landed with pinpoint accuracy. 

For most of the rest of the contest, in  spite of home fighter's come-forward belligerence, the champion had another gear, and a wider armoury. At every turn, Crolla was met with stinging replies, and reposit attacks. "

Linares with another great performance. OUTCLASSED that other fighter. 

JOSHBRFC    68

Yes yes fucking yes. So excited. May 27th will be one messy day/night.. xD

Bought the tickets this morning for me and the lads via my matchroom fight pass account. B|

Come on Babbi!

LFCMike    76

Shame that the Smith V Williams fight ended how it did. Would have been interesting if it had gone on. Think Williams looked like he was slowing down and Smith may have eventually got to him. Good fight and they definitely need the rematch

JOSHBRFC    68

Glad Smith won. After the first few rounds it looked like it was Williams fight to lose. 

Wouldn't be disappointed with the rematch. 

LFCMike    76

I could see either outcome. A lot depends on what the 18 month lay off has done to Klitschko. Could see Joshua winning early but if I had to stick my neck out I'd go with Klitschko late.

JOSHBRFC    68

Joshua needs to impose himself early on Wlad and not let him get comfortable and it turn into a boring fight,  that's when I'll start worrying for AJ. 

LFCMike    76

Been changing my mind on this all week but the closer the fight gets the more I think this is too soon for Joshua. Klitschko is a huge step up from what AJ has faced so far. I can see it being a cagey start and Klitschko setting traps as the fight goes on and looking to frustrate Joshua.

Any outcome wouldn't surprise me though, even a boring 12 rounds.

I've had a bet on two outcomes. Klitschko 7-12 and Joshua decision.

Cannabis    1,027

Joshua vs. Klitschko

629650720.jpg?w=748&h=493&crop=1

When is it?

Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko is on Saturday April 29, 2017 - ie tomorrow.

Where is it?

The IBF heavyweight world title will be on the line when Joshua and Klitschko go toe-to-toe at the home of football, Wembley Stadium, London.

The fight becomes the just the second boxing event to be staged at the national football stadium after Carl Froch knocked out George Groves in the pair's rematch in May 2014. But this will be bigger still.

What TV channel will it be on?

Sky Sports Box Office will host the fight. 

What time is it likely to start?

The fight is due to begin at 10.10pm, though that is likely to change on the night depending on how the undercard fights go.

Time to put your money where your mouth is chaps. These two are going head to head tomorrow night and it's one of the closest Boxing match-ups in history. Who will prevail to continue their legendary career and who will hit the deck? SkyBet currently have Joshua at 2/5 with Klitschko at 9/4.

Danny    136

Big test for Joshua this, obviously supporting him.

The fights on from 7am tomorrow morning, need to find somewhere with it on