talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

• 2 weeks later...

Some good fights to look forward to this weekend.

Usyk v Huck in the WBSS quarter final.

Then Sunday morning (for us in the UK) Gonzalez v Rungvisai rematch. The first was a cracker.

Inoue making his US debut, looking forward to seeing him in live action.

Another Super-fly contest between the two Mexican's, Estrada and Cuadras, could be a cracker.

Gonzalez stopped in the fourth last night. I fell asleep before it started but saw the knockout this morning. Think he'll drop back down to flyweight now. Saw Estrada v Cuadras, good fight. Buffer initially announced Cuadras as the winner which was wrong and should have been the other way xD

15 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

@The Rebel CRS you going to watch the fight tomorrow mate?? everyone is picking Triple G but my boy canelo is going to shut them haters up!! 

Yeah mate but after just coming back from a long fishing trip and not sleeping too much, I'm knackered, so I will probably watch it tomorrow(without knowing who wins beforehand) rather than staying up to watch it live. It should be a good fight.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I started watching at the 4th round, Golovkin looked the better but Canelo was catching him with some good shots, seemed like he was punching less but was more efficient.

You're right he did land some big counters but when he did Golovkin just seemed to keep coming back with more. I was trying my hardest to make a case for Canelo in each round but only gave him four.

It's one I'll definitely watch again and re-score to see if I think any different. It was a good fight but Canelo seemed to tire later on until the 12th in my opinion. A lot of holding between about round 7 and 11.

Didn't watch but I hear Canelo had to get bailed out by the judges, the little bitch. 

Smith fight was good, first time I've really seen him have to think about what he's got to do and not just roll off shots. 

The BJS-Monroe one was terrible but the right decision in the end. 

11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You're right he did land some big counters but when he did Golovkin just seemed to keep coming back with more. I was trying my hardest to make a case for Canelo in each round but only gave him four.

It's one I'll definitely watch again and re-score to see if I think any different. It was a good fight but Canelo seemed to tire later on until the 12th in my opinion. A lot of holding between about round 7 and 11.

They were both hoping for s late knock out due to tiredness but they're brick walls. Rematch will be interesting if it goes ahead

Teso, even somebody as fucking thick as you can see it was nothing but a GGG win.

Absolutely disgusting, how he has been robbed of that win is a joke. The rematch will have to end in a fucking KO of the century for GGG to win. Don't even get me started on the stupid cunt that scored it 118-110 Canelo...they deserve to fall down the fucking stairs.

• Like 1

Haye/Bellew close to being agreed and signed off apparently...

Just watched the first fight over again. Bellew was betting on Haye tiring out and getting him towards the end but even with one leg he didn't look like tiring massively. It'll serve Haye well that Bellew couldn't KO him and really the fight only stopped early because Haye lost balance/strength in his leg.

Haye was starting to hit with some bigger shots as the rounds went on before his injury, but he was very messy in the earlier rounds and couldn't land his big shots. I think the second will be close and if both stay fit I'd say it'll either end with Haye winning by KO/TKO or Bellew winning on points. I reckon Bellew will win on points.

Haye's body will never hold up in a meaningful fight again. This fight will either never go ahead or he'll fall apart again after a few rounds.

Lomachenko v Rigondeaux is a great fight. Got to think Loma is too big though. 

Wilder v Ortiz in November too isn't it? Interesting one that. Not sure what to think of Ortiz, looked poor in his last couple but will be Wilder's biggest test to date

Edited by LFCMike

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned