talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

7 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I like Bellew and he has been underrated and written off his whole career. However when both are fully fit and 100% Haye will beat him convincingly. 

What makes you think that? From their fight it was pretty even before his injury and the judges had Bellew up by 2 rounds...

10 hours ago, Danny said:

What makes you think that? From their fight it was pretty even before his injury and the judges had Bellew up by 2 rounds...

I think he probably means when they're both at their peak, which is true but irrelevant now because Haye's peak is long gone

• Subscriber
On 20/09/2017 at 11:52 PM, Danny said:

Up by 2 rounds is pretty bad considering Haye fought on one leg for 5 rounds. 

On 21/09/2017 at 10:11 AM, LFCMike said:

I think he probably means when they're both at their peak, which is true but irrelevant now because Haye's peak is long gone

It does look that way. But I still think even at 100% fit he beats Bellew. 

On 21/09/2017 at 3:57 PM, Teso dos Bichos said:

Andrew Ward announced his retirement from boxing. 

Under appreciated, definitely the P4P number one in my eyes. Due to poor promotional teams behind him he hasn't got the credit he deserves.

3 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Under appreciated, definitely the P4P number one in my eyes. Due to poor promotional teams behind him he hasn't got the credit he deserves.

Before the injury...Bellew won every round after I'm pretty sure.

11 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I don't think Haye will ever be 100% fit again though. His body won't hold up against a meaningful opponent. 

On Ward, he didn't get the credit some think he deserved because of his style, boring and dirty. Great talent at times but the boring excessive holding, headbutts and low blows just can't be ignored

• 2 weeks later...

Groves v Eubank Jr in the WBSS semi final after Groves' win last night in the 4th over Jamie Cox. 

I'd edge for Groves over Eubank at the moment although I think it's one of them where you can definitely make a case for Eubank and will probably change my mind multiple times between now and when the fight takes place

6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Groves v Eubank Jr in the WBSS semi final after Groves' win last night in the 4th over Jamie Cox. 

I'd edge for Groves over Eubank at the moment although I think it's one of them where you can definitely make a case for Eubank and will probably change my mind multiple times between now and when the fight takes place

It'll make for a good fight, Groves has proven he's prone in the past to getting caught off guard but at the same time Eubank looks dangerous but for me I feel in the past his explosive hits often come at the cost of accuracy and since fighting BJS he hasn't fought someone really who's at his level.

• Upvote 1

Yeah definitely a huge step up in quality for Eubank. He's not faced anyone with Groves' power. He can say he beat Abraham but he was way over the hill then and the fight went as most expected. I definitely favour Groves but it's just whether he can stay on it for 12 rounds for me. Could easily see a situation where he has a good start and Eubank starts to take over in the second half of the fight and Groves runs out of steam

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah definitely a huge step up in quality for Eubank. He's not faced anyone with Groves' power. He can say he beat Abraham but he was way over the hill then and the fight went as most expected. I definitely favour Groves but it's just whether he can stay on it for 12 rounds for me. Could easily see a situation where he has a good start and Eubank starts to take over in the second half of the fight and Groves runs out of steam

I think if Eubank takes it easier and looks to pick him apart rather than just throw punches a thousand miles per hour he'll probably win, Groves took a lot of hits against Cox that Eubank would probably be more punishing of.

• 2 weeks later...

Joshua makes it 20-0 with a TKO over Takam. A good display against someone who was so small, Joshua hasn't fought anyone that size who was that good. His counter punching is probably the best aspect about him, can see a KO waiting for Wilder.

43 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Bit early on the stoppage but would probably come soon enough anyway.  

No one else there for Joshua. Think he beats Wilder. Pity Fury will never get back to that level because he dances round AJ. 

He may dance around him but AJ will be throwing punches where Klitch didn't...Fury will be his toughest fight and probably the most boring fight

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned