talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

• Subscriber

I did want Bellew to win as i like him but i kinda wish Haye had now. I fucking hate some of the bandwagon mongs and the stuff that i've heard since the fight. Haye is by far the better fighter and hardly anyone would have carried on with the injury he had. I hope there's a rematch and Haye smashes him. There has to be a rematch it would make too much money for it not to happen.

2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I did want Bellew to win as i like him but i kinda wish Haye had now. I fucking hate some of the bandwagon mongs and the stuff that i've heard since the fight. Haye is by far the better fighter and hardly anyone would have carried on with the injury he had. I hope there's a rematch and Haye smashes him. There has to be a rematch it would make too much money for it not to happen.

Would a rematch sell well now though to people who were only interested in the fight because there was a bit of beef between them beforehand? They both admitted afterwards that it was all just to sell the fight, which anyone who follows boxing closely knew anyway but the PPV was sold on the animosity between them which they can't do now.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Would a rematch sell well now though to people who were only interested in the fight because there was a bit of beef between them beforehand? They both admitted afterwards that it was all just to sell the fight, which anyone who follows boxing closely knew anyway but the PPV was sold on the animosity between them which they can't do now.

I think it would have reduced attraction but it would sell because they would just start the old 'yeah, i hate him' and then the knobs who believe that hype would still pay up. Even if the purse was "only" £1m they'd still do it...

On 12/03/2017 at 7:47 PM, DeadLinesman said:

Of course he'd say that though. This is a bloke who also told reporters he knew he'd win after the second round. He was down on every scorecard before that injury occurred. He simply couldn't put a one legged fighter past his prime away and has fallen back on exscuses and stories. Much easier to ask a bloke to concede than have to go toe to toe and look silly.

The man over a stone lighter than his opponent? The man stepping up a weight category, the man as high as 20/1 to win with bookies? I'm not sure how Bellew comes out of this badly. Haye may have been injured (I had suspicion an injury would crop up when he knew it was lost) but he didn't do what he said he could, he failed to come close to putting away a man smaller, lighter, fatter and everything else. So what if Bellew didn't KO him straight away, he played the fight well, took the sting out of Haye's aggression and stood up to this supposed vaunted Hayemaker. Haye is utterly finished after that. Bellew doesn't need any excuses, he won fair and square and had him beat after the first 4 rounds when Haye threw all he had and came up short.

I'm not even a Bellew fan, he's not a great fighter by any means but Haye is the only one who should be embarrassed.

24 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The man over a stone lighter than his opponent? The man stepping up a weight category, the man as high as 20/1 to win with bookies? I'm not sure how Bellew comes out of this badly. Haye may have been injured (I had suspicion an injury would crop up when he knew it was lost) but he didn't do what he said he could, he failed to come close to putting away a man smaller, lighter, fatter and everything else. So what if Bellew didn't KO him straight away, he played the fight well, took the sting out of Haye's aggression and stood up to this supposed vaunted Hayemaker. Haye is utterly finished after that. Bellew doesn't need any excuses, he won fair and square and had him beat after the first 4 rounds when Haye threw all he had and came up short.

If you thought Bellow was up after four rounds, there's genuinely no point in having a boxing conversation with you. 

9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'm not even a Bellew fan, he's not a great fighter by any means but Haye is the only one who should be embarrassed.

Haye ruptured his Achilles tendon, it's a horror injury.

As far as the "Hayemaker" goes, I box (only for fitness, but I spar weekly with lads who do compete mainly white collar) I have done for several years now, your power comes from not your arms but up through your feet, your legs and your core. If you plant your feet and transfer energy it's that much harder a punch, watch a hook in slow motion. It's from planted feet the front which should be up on your toes, should swivel as if putting out a fag as you swing in,  you push in the direction of the punch and then to use the term "sit down" on it. The force comes from your base up through your core and out through your arm. Your arms just swinging aren't as strong as when you move as one, it's why most don't get knocked out with jabs, and when they do it's mainly a leaping forward jab in which a persons full weight is behind it. Watch top quality boxers their feet are just as important as their hands.

Haye has legit KO power, he did rattle Bellew in rnd 2 or 3 when he caught him, credit to Bellew his chin held up, but being dismissive of a man with proven KO power when he's on one leg is incorrect. From round 6 onwards i'd say Haye was hitting at as little as 50-60% of his potential,  If you don't believe me go to one of them punch things at an arcade smack it a few times then try doing it without putting weight on your feet, you'll see a difference. 

The rest of your analysis is also wrong, Haye won round 10 on one leg, he also comfortably won round 5 and was pissing round 6 until his injury, i'm assuming you watched it in the pub? have you rewatched it sober? I've watched it twice and as I said above:

Round 1 is 50/50 Haye wasn't settled, Bellew threw a few descent counter punches but nothing of any note, Haye was the aggressor

Haye then won rnd 2,3,4,5 and in 6 bellew only got a knock down by bumping into him because Haye is hoping on one leg as he'd been injured.

7,8,9 are Bellew but it's because Haye is literally standing on one leg swinging. 

11 the ending if you watch it Bellew misses every shot and belly flops Haye out the ring. Haye on one leg can hardly get up, his corner chuck in the towel although he did make the count comfortably.

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

If you thought Bellow was up after four rounds, there's genuinely no point in having a boxing conversation with you. 

I never said that. Obviously Haye was going to come out aggressively but by the 5th he was spent and slowing down, he completely and utterly failed as a natural heavyweight to take down a significantly lighter man, Bellew's tactics early in the fight were spot on, he took the sting out of it and let Haye use up all he had. Haye was up, just, but he was hardly pummelling him, Bellew predicted what it would happen and he was right. You can blame his achilles, his toe, an itchy arsehole but he can't cope with anyone who can stand up to him. Finished flat track bully. 

3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Haye ruptured his Achilles tendon, it's a horror injury.

As far as the "Hayemaker" goes, I box (only for fitness, but I spar weekly with lads who do compete mainly white collar) I have done for several years now, your power comes from not your arms but up through your feet, your legs and your core. If you plant your feet and transfer energy it's that much harder a punch, watch a hook in slow motion. It's from planted feet the front which should be up on your toes, should swivel as if putting out a fag as you swing in,  you push in the direction of the punch and then to use the term "sit down" on it. The force comes from your base up through your core and out through your arm. Your arms just swinging aren't as strong as when you move as one, it's why most don't get knocked out with jabs, and when they do it's mainly a leaping forward jab in which a persons full weight is behind it. Watch top quality boxers their feet are just as important as their hands.

Haye has legit KO power, he did rattle Bellew in rnd 2 or 3 when he caught him, credit to Bellew his chin held up, but being dismissive of a man with proven KO power when he's on one leg is incorrect. From round 6 onwards i'd say Haye was hitting at as little as 50-60% of his potential,  If you don't believe me go to one of them punch things at an arcade smack it a few times then try doing it without putting weight on your feet, you'll see a difference. 

The rest of your analysis is also wrong, Haye won round 10 on one leg, he also comfortably won round 5 and was pissing round 6 until his injury, i'm assuming you watched it in the pub? have you rewatched it sober? I've watched it twice and as I said above:

Round 1 is 50/50 Haye wasn't settled, Bellew threw a few descent counter punches but nothing of any note, Haye was the aggressor

Haye then won rnd 2,3,4,5 and in 6 bellew only got a knock down by bumping into him because Haye is hoping on one leg as he'd been injured.

7,8,9 are Bellew but it's because Haye is literally standing on one leg swinging. 

11 the ending if you watch it Bellew misses every shot and belly flops Haye out the ring. Haye on one leg can hardly get up, his corner chuck in the towel although he did make the count comfortably.

Don't get in the ring and box after giving it all that if your body isn't upto it. Fact is Haye was banking on finshing it early and he absolutely failed, I'm not claiming Bellew is some sort of Mayweather master here but the bitter bile being spouted by Haye fans is ridiculous. The advantages Haye had were massive, he lost by not winning within 4. 

Sorry but you're argument makes no sense, you're apparently upset that I'm not giving Haye credit but he didn't do anything which seriously hurt Bellew in those rounds. He was flailing around like a madman at times, it was a poor fight in its entirety.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I never said that. Obviously Haye was going to come out aggressively but by the 5th he was spent and slowing down, he completely and utterly failed as a natural heavyweight to take down a significantly lighter man, Bellew's tactics early in the fight were spot on, he took the sting out of it and let Haye use up all he had. Haye was up, just, but he was hardly pummelling him, Bellew predicted what it would happen and he was right. You can blame his achilles, his toe, an itchy arsehole but he can't cope with anyone who can stand up to him. Finished flat track bully. 

How do you figure Haye knew he was going to lose when he won every round bar one before the injury though? Bellew' tactics were so good that he was down on every scorecard? Haye wasn't exactly out on his feet in the sixth and you can't say he wouldn't have landed as heavyweights only need one punch in the later rounds. After the first, Bellew rarely troubled him so I'm genuinely trying to think where this 'he knew he was losing' has come from. I don't even like either fighter, they're both massive pricks. Just genuinely confused how you thought Bellew would have had it won.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

How do you figure Haye knew he was going to lose when he won every round bar one before the injury though? Bellew' tactics were so good that he was down on every scorecard? Haye wasn't exactly out on his feet in the sixth and you can't say he wouldn't have landed as heavyweights only need one punch in the later rounds. After the first, Bellew rarely troubled him so I'm genuinely trying to think where this 'he knew he was losing' has come from. I don't even like either fighter, they're both massive pricks. Just genuinely confused how you thought Bellew would have had it won.

You had it right a few posts ago, waste of time discussing it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Bellew's plan was clearly to take the punishment in the first few rounds, keep as far away as possible but obviously he was likely to lose them in terms of aggression. Again, Haye was at no point really battering Bellew. Obviously the injury means we don't know what would have happened, I'm not saying it didn't help Bellew massively, maybe he wouldn't have gone on to win but he'd already seen off Haye's best for me.

It's just the fact people are desperately defending Haye as if the injury is an excuse, it's the fact he couldn't wobble a man a stone lighter than him that is more concerning than the actual loss. Bellew was the man at a serious disadvantage, a bigger gap in weight than between Golovkin and Brook and at no stage did Haye have that kind of advantage over hi,.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Artful Dodger's point that Bellew can't come out of this badly. Pre-fight pretty much everyone had Haye winning within 2 or 3 rounds. Bellew knew his best chance was to take Haye into the second half of the fight. Whether that's because Haye's body couldn't hold up is not Bellew's problem

A tough nights work for Golovkin. Jacobs boxed really well and it's a huge credit to him that he recovered from the knockdown in the fourth round.

I didn't score the fight round by round but thought GGG did just enough to edge it. Barry Jones on Boxnation had Jacobs winning by a couple i think. He gave him the first three rounds though. Not much happened in those three rounds so they were hard to score. I just thought Golovkin's jab edged a couple of those in his favour.

Roman Gonzalez vs Rungvisai was an absolute cracker. If anyone missed it then it's well worth catching up with it

12 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Triple G better step it up, if he fights like that against Canelo (when it happens) i like canelo's chances. Unlike Jacobs, he will finish the job.

Jacobs was huge compared to Golovkin who isn't a massive MW anyway. He found it difficult to get on the inside against Jacobs and couldn't risk taking a shot to land one because of Jacobs' power. Golovkin v Canelo is a completely different fight. Canelo isn't going to be as evasive as Jacobs was. If Golovkin v Canelo happens this year I'd still go with Golovkin. At 35 (next month) though, he's obviously going to be on the wane. Canelo's team are probably going to drag it out as long as possible due to Golovkin's age.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Jacobs was huge compared to Golovkin who isn't a massive MW anyway. He found it difficult to get on the inside against Jacobs and couldn't risk taking a shot to land one because of Jacobs' power. Golovkin v Canelo is a completely different fight. Canelo isn't going to be as evasive as Jacobs was. If Golovkin v Canelo happens this year I'd still go with Golovkin. At 35 (next month) though, he's obviously going to be on the wane. Canelo's team are probably going to drag it out as long as possible due to Golovkin's age.

It's bollocks how long they've dragged it out for.

GGG vs Saunders then the winner fighting Canelo. If that happens then i'm happy.

• This topic was pinned and unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned