Sign in to follow this  
ScoRoss

Boxing

LFCMike    77

Disgusting that! How one judge had it 118-110 Canelo I'll never know. Sometimes I wonder why I bother watching it.

I had 8-4 GGG by the way

Danny    136

I started watching at the 4th round, Golovkin looked the better but Canelo was catching him with some good shots, seemed like he was punching less but was more efficient.

LFCMike    77
1 hour ago, Danny said:

I started watching at the 4th round, Golovkin looked the better but Canelo was catching him with some good shots, seemed like he was punching less but was more efficient.

You're right he did land some big counters but when he did Golovkin just seemed to keep coming back with more. I was trying my hardest to make a case for Canelo in each round but only gave him four.

It's one I'll definitely watch again and re-score to see if I think any different. It was a good fight but Canelo seemed to tire later on until the 12th in my opinion. A lot of holding between about round 7 and 11.

HK85    131

Didn't watch but I hear Canelo had to get bailed out by the judges, the little bitch. 

Smith fight was good, first time I've really seen him have to think about what he's got to do and not just roll off shots. 

The BJS-Monroe one was terrible but the right decision in the end. 

Danny    136
11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You're right he did land some big counters but when he did Golovkin just seemed to keep coming back with more. I was trying my hardest to make a case for Canelo in each round but only gave him four.

It's one I'll definitely watch again and re-score to see if I think any different. It was a good fight but Canelo seemed to tire later on until the 12th in my opinion. A lot of holding between about round 7 and 11.

They were both hoping for s late knock out due to tiredness but they're brick walls. Rematch will be interesting if it goes ahead

LFCMike    77

Golovkin will have to win every round or knock him out to win the rematch, which means Canelo wins the rematch. Canelo will probably be a bit better second time around and Golovkin will be probably 36 by the time they step into the ring again

FOYM    102

Teso, even somebody as fucking thick as you can see it was nothing but a GGG win.

Absolutely disgusting, how he has been robbed of that win is a joke. The rematch will have to end in a fucking KO of the century for GGG to win. Don't even get me started on the stupid cunt that scored it 118-110 Canelo...they deserve to fall down the fucking stairs.

Danny    136

Haye/Bellew close to being agreed and signed off apparently...

Just watched the first fight over again. Bellew was betting on Haye tiring out and getting him towards the end but even with one leg he didn't look like tiring massively. It'll serve Haye well that Bellew couldn't KO him and really the fight only stopped early because Haye lost balance/strength in his leg.

Haye was starting to hit with some bigger shots as the rounds went on before his injury, but he was very messy in the earlier rounds and couldn't land his big shots. I think the second will be close and if both stay fit I'd say it'll either end with Haye winning by KO/TKO or Bellew winning on points. I reckon Bellew will win on points.

JOSHBRFC    68

I like Bellew and he has been underrated and written off his whole career. However when both are fully fit and 100% Haye will beat him convincingly. 

LFCMike    77

Haye's body will never hold up in a meaningful fight again. This fight will either never go ahead or he'll fall apart again after a few rounds.

Lomachenko v Rigondeaux is a great fight. Got to think Loma is too big though. 

Wilder v Ortiz in November too isn't it? Interesting one that. Not sure what to think of Ortiz, looked poor in his last couple but will be Wilder's biggest test to date

HK85    131

Bellew will go where the money is and it's probably that Haye fight. 

He's not interested in career progression or world titles. 

Danny    136
7 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I like Bellew and he has been underrated and written off his whole career. However when both are fully fit and 100% Haye will beat him convincingly. 

What makes you think that? From their fight it was pretty even before his injury and the judges had Bellew up by 2 rounds...

LFCMike    77
10 hours ago, Danny said:

What makes you think that? From their fight it was pretty even before his injury and the judges had Bellew up by 2 rounds...

I think he probably means when they're both at their peak, which is true but irrelevant now because Haye's peak is long gone

JOSHBRFC    68
On 20/09/2017 at 11:52 PM, Danny said:

Up by 2 rounds is pretty bad considering Haye fought on one leg for 5 rounds. 

On 21/09/2017 at 10:11 AM, LFCMike said:

I think he probably means when they're both at their peak, which is true but irrelevant now because Haye's peak is long gone

It does look that way. But I still think even at 100% fit he beats Bellew. 

On 21/09/2017 at 3:57 PM, Teso dos Bichos said:

Andrew Ward announced his retirement from boxing. 

Under appreciated, definitely the P4P number one in my eyes. Due to poor promotional teams behind him he hasn't got the credit he deserves.

Danny    136
3 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Under appreciated, definitely the P4P number one in my eyes. Due to poor promotional teams behind him he hasn't got the credit he deserves.

Before the injury...Bellew won every round after I'm pretty sure.

LFCMike    77
11 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I don't think Haye will ever be 100% fit again though. His body won't hold up against a meaningful opponent. 

On Ward, he didn't get the credit some think he deserved because of his style, boring and dirty. Great talent at times but the boring excessive holding, headbutts and low blows just can't be ignored

LFCMike    77
41 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Bellew-Haye 17th December. A Sunday. Idiots. 

Strange one that.

For this Saturday I'm thinking, Dodd, Fielding and Butler all on points. Just under 8/1

LFCMike    77

Groves v Eubank Jr in the WBSS semi final after Groves' win last night in the 4th over Jamie Cox. 

I'd edge for Groves over Eubank at the moment although I think it's one of them where you can definitely make a case for Eubank and will probably change my mind multiple times between now and when the fight takes place

Danny    136
6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Groves v Eubank Jr in the WBSS semi final after Groves' win last night in the 4th over Jamie Cox. 

I'd edge for Groves over Eubank at the moment although I think it's one of them where you can definitely make a case for Eubank and will probably change my mind multiple times between now and when the fight takes place

It'll make for a good fight, Groves has proven he's prone in the past to getting caught off guard but at the same time Eubank looks dangerous but for me I feel in the past his explosive hits often come at the cost of accuracy and since fighting BJS he hasn't fought someone really who's at his level.

• Upvote 1

LFCMike    77

Yeah definitely a huge step up in quality for Eubank. He's not faced anyone with Groves' power. He can say he beat Abraham but he was way over the hill then and the fight went as most expected. I definitely favour Groves but it's just whether he can stay on it for 12 rounds for me. Could easily see a situation where he has a good start and Eubank starts to take over in the second half of the fight and Groves runs out of steam

Danny    136
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah definitely a huge step up in quality for Eubank. He's not faced anyone with Groves' power. He can say he beat Abraham but he was way over the hill then and the fight went as most expected. I definitely favour Groves but it's just whether he can stay on it for 12 rounds for me. Could easily see a situation where he has a good start and Eubank starts to take over in the second half of the fight and Groves runs out of steam

I think if Eubank takes it easier and looks to pick him apart rather than just throw punches a thousand miles per hour he'll probably win, Groves took a lot of hits against Cox that Eubank would probably be more punishing of.