talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'd imagine social stigma causing people to hide themselves from friends and family as well as the general hatred and abuse they'd hear from others would go a long way to causing high levels of self harm/suicide attempts as well as other mental health issues along the way.

Part of it is true, as social stigma of any sorts definitely adds to distress. However, there are also very interesting results from studies that compared anxiety levels of people with gender dysphoria in different cultures - to put it short, anxiety and mental distress levels associated with gender confusion persisted, regardless of how accepting  (or unaccepting) the culture was; even in those non-Western cultures where "a third gender" has been an established concept for centuries.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

What are the chances someone makes an attempt on Trumps life before the end of his term?

He's making America great again so some brainwashed Libtard freak will have ago at ending all this good work he's doing

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Quite high I'd imagine. It could make him a martyr though.

That's okay, he'd only spell it wrong in a tweet to redress the balance.

14 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

You could say an assassination would send America "back and to the left"

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Fingers crossed at least 1 person gets that reference :ph34r:

At the current rate it's gonna be damn uncomfortable to wipe you arse... :D

On 7/27/2017 at 7:27 AM, RandoEFC said:

What are the chances someone makes an attempt on Trumps life before the end of his term?

I mean it's probable to an extent because he's a terrible President. But he's also fucking incompetent and has totally shut down the Republicans ability to legislate. So I think nobody on the left should want him dead, an incompetent moron is better than that zealot Pence who actually understands governing. A better solution is hoping the house flips in 2018, impeaching both Pence and Trump, and getting the speaker of the house as president.

Tbh I wouldn't mind Paul Ryan as president too, given how useless he's been at legislating. I'm all for totally inept Republicans that don't get a chance to do too much damage.

The challenge for republicans is finding common ground within the party to get the votes through. They have polarised internally to a fairly high degree and there are some extreme idelogues that are not keen to compromise. Healthcare had been a great example of that  they are being pulled in two directions. Ryan and Boehner had a tough time to get anything other than "i hate democrats" across the line with concensus from that group. 

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

The challenge for republicans is finding common ground within the party to get the votes through. They have polarised internally to a fairly high degree and there are some extreme idelogues that are not keen to compromise. Healthcare had been a great example of that  they are being pulled in two directions. Ryan and Boehner had a tough time to get anything other than "i hate democrats" across the line with concensus from that group. 

It's much easier to unify a party as an opposition party than it is to actually govern. Particularly when the base of voters for that party is united in opposition to the governing party. We saw it with Republicans the 2 years Obama had a Democrat Congress (or was it just the Senate... I'm not sure actually) & we're seeing it now that Republicans control all 3 branches of the US government.

The ACA repeal attempts really highlight that. There is real division in the Republican party because the ACA is a watered down version of Massachussets healthcare (implemented by Romney) and the healthcare plan Nixon proposed (which the democrats, led by Ted Kennedy, shot down as they felt it didn't do enough) - so there is a lot that a lot of Republicans actually do like in the ACA. And then there are the extremists like Ted Cruz (tea party, religious zealots) and Rand Paul (libertarian Russian shill) - who see no compromise between ideological purity and what the majority of the country actually wants.

I do think the whole trannies being banned from the military (which the Pentagon has said they're not going to do it unless the order comes from the proper channels, and not twitter - and the Pentagon has also denied Trump consulted with his generals...) is a distraction from William Browder's testimony (which I posted a transcript of) re: the Magnitsky Act, which hit the news but the mainstream media has had coverage dwindle with this transgender soldiers thing. I highly encourage everyone to read Browder's testimony - it gives so much context to this entire Russian collusion story.

And everyone should know that when Russia is talking about US adoptions of Russian orphans, they're really talking about the Magnitsky Act sanctions on Russia. So when that meeting with Trump Jr., Kushner, and Manafort (then campaign manager) + Natalia Veselnitskaya and 3 other representatives of Russian political interests was not about collusion but instead discussions about "adoptions," we know what was meant. Last night news broke that Trump dictated his son's misleading statement regarding the collusion meeting; which is in direct contradiction to the statement his lawyer gave weeks ago about not having anything at all to do with this or Trump Jr's actions - and is another thing to list in the long list of evidence of obstruction of justice from this President. And interestingly enough, Trump's statement dictated to his son refers to how that meeting was concerning these adoptions. Particularly damning with Browder's testimony... and even if you hadn't read his testimony, if you'd just read the wiki of the Magnitsky Act and had seen Putin's response you'd know that adoptions are tied with these sanctions.

If Trump is innocent, and I don't think he is, he certainly is acting as guilty as he possibly can.

Because there was some of that Seth Rich bullshit posted in here, I'm going to post the PDF of the complaint from a lawsuit filed by the former Fox News investigator who subsequently resigned after the Seth Rich story: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3904057-Wheeler-Filed-Complaint.html

He's claiming Fox News:

1. Fabricated quotes from him to establish a false connection
  2. Sent the article to the White House for review
  3. Took orders from Trump to establish a connection between the DNC and Rich's death to take pressure off the Russia investigation.

So... maybe the far right likes to scream about fake news because they're fucking experts at falsifying the news. Personally, I think given Trump's attacks on the free press for covering factually accurate stories and his alleged involvement in this very fake news it's pretty fucking funny. Well it would be funny, if it weren't fucking dangerous and scary.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this lawsuit. But considering Fox News and Breitbart were the only two major news publications running with the story, and they're not exactly known for being reputable, I would not be surprised to see that this investigator's allegations are all true.

And in slightly related news, I feel a bit bad for that Scaramucci guy. By not listening to his own advice from a year before (where he was vocally against Trump), it looks like he was just a tool for the Trump administration to rid itself of Rinced Pubis at Chief of Staff without Trump having to do it himself. In the process he's cost himself his reputation, his marriage, and his role as a hedge fund manager (he relinquished it to take the job). Perhaps it's a lesson in not sacrificing your principals for short term power? Also as someone who's battled a cocaine problem, I think the bloke has a serious coke problem - even though I've only got a very limited source of his short public life in this administration. So I sincerely hope he gets help for that, because I really do think he's pretty badly hooked to the blow. Having said all that, I do believe that his appointment and subsequent chaos was to further distract from the Browder testimony.

He'll get his job back no problem.

Not sure the plan was to do this all along so much as the new chief laying down the law. After the new yorker interview it became pretty clear that he shouldn't be in that role. 

Hypothetically if it was really just about getting rid of priebus it goes down as the most stupid and unnecessary way of ever going about  letting someone go. 

North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States" Mr. Trump told reporters at his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., where he is spending much of the month on a working vacation. “They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen..... they will be met with fire and fury, and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before."

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/08/world/asia/north-korea-un-sanctions-nuclear-missile-united-nations.html

If I was Korean this is the point where I'd start to be concerned about my safety for at least the remainder of the year.

Then again if I was in North Korea, I probably wouldn't know about the seriousness of the situation.

If I was in South Korea, I'd be planning a move to elsewhere.

Yep. It was only a matter of time before Trumps trash talking turned to north Korea. 

It wont help And no question if you're in the vicinity of the demilitarisef zone you'll sleep a lot less soundly hearing this kind of talk. 

The major Trump story now is: Paul Manafort's house was raided by the FBI on the same day Trump tweeted about firing Mueller (and Sessions) and that tranny ban on the military, that the military just avoided dealing with. I think as the investigation progresses and he's under more pressure, the more he'll keep escalating things with North Korea.

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived