talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wishlist

football forum

7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

xD

Another idea, is Member of the Month making a return on 365? It could reward positive posting from the new members if we had it back.

Plus, the power of holding the crown for 16 years totally ruined Shinkansen.

Haha. He'd always been off his head. The new Shinkansen is here.

I liked having the ability to edit your own member title, as well as having a flag option. Not sure why, but thought it was cool. 

Some kind of thread dedicated to the donators who kick started this forum. Haha

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really a wishlist thing but if the forum wants to attract new members I think taking advantage of twitter and Instagram by using some members opinions on popular topics to entice people to the forum is the way forwards. I was thinking of suggesting it when it was recognisable that TFF was dieing but trying to make Chazz money didn't seem like an appealing hobby when not at work.

6 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Not really a wishlist thing but if the forum wants to attract new members I think taking advantage of twitter and Instagram by using some members opinions on popular topics to entice people to the forum is the way forwards. I was thinking of suggesting it when it was recognisable that TFF was dieing but trying to make Chazz money didn't seem like an appealing hobby when not at work.

When I've got a spare 5 minutes, I really want to get the FB side of things up and running as well. If we all get the page likes and add a couple of Admins to that as well, we can hopefully direct people to the site in the future.

IMG_9401.PNG

Rab - Would about headers that are unique based on the Sub-Forum  you are currently on? We used to have this feature at TFF, so if you were in the Bundesliga section, the header would have the trophy, some players/teams...

• Administrator
5 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Are you going to carry the prediction league over to here? 

depends how many of the members on TFF are going to come across here. If there are enough, I'll do so. I

• Administrator

can we get rid of the 'Popular Now' feature within threads? It narrows the page a lot. Would prefer it as something for the frontpage only along with Popular Contributors and Recent Status Updates etc

Yeah no one wants to wait 10 minutes for a post or the same amount of time for the forum to load. We don't get paid to post you invest your own time in this for some Canadian cunt to just ignore us all. 

Well fuck you very much

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Not to be an OCD ball-bag but if we implement signatures can there be a cap on how big they can be? There's nothing worse than going on a forum and some nut-sack has a 1200x1000 signature that's plastered all over the place. 

Agreed on stability too which fingers crossed is going well thus far.

You are allowed signatures. I've just tried changing mine and you can only change it after 5 days of membership. 

You could also ban signatures should you need to. Click on your name in the top-right corner. Click on Ignored Users. Start typing in the name of the member and it'll automatically pop up so click on it once it appears. 

Then there'll be tick boxes of what you want to ignore about that user i.e. Posts, Messages, Signature or Mentions.

As for size of signatures, I think there is a way to implement that. Need to ask Rab/Harvey how to set that up though as I'm not that technical-minded!

In terms of the size of signatures. I think a relaxed approach should be taken at first although if people start taking the piss then we'll put restrictions in place.

• Subscriber

One of the old skins on TFF had a list on the front page of topics you've posted in with the top five ones with most recent content on there. Be nice to have something like that again where you can see most recent content in the topics you've actually engaged with? Or if there's already something like that and I'm just being a spaz someone point me in the right direction.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, adziom said:

One of the old skins on TFF had a list on the front page of topics you've posted in with the top five ones with most recent content on there. Be nice to have something like that again where you can see most recent content in the topics you've actually engaged with? Or if there's already something like that and I'm just being a spaz someone point me in the right direction.

towards the top of the forum you can click on 'My Activity Stream' and then some options will drop down. Then click on 'Content I Posted In'.

There's lots of filters you can mess about with once on that page, such as sorting by topics which have the newest posts in or topics you started.

Alternatively (the main thing you want is above, but the following is an option and perk of the new site), on the home page you should see a little arrow point out from the left hand side.

click on that arrow and it brings up Block Manager.

Click on the forums heading and it'll drop down some options. You can drag any of them to the right hand side panel of the page.

You can drag things across such as 'Post Feed' or 'Topic Feed'. Once you've dragged it across you can Edit that specific feed. Once you click Edit another box will appear and there's loads of options you can select on what will appear in that specific feed - things like topic author which you can put your own name in. 

Archived