football forum

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
15 hours ago, Rab said:

I'm happy to move it but not remove it.

What do you mean move it?

We should have the option to choose whether it says we've edited our post or not, there's usually a tick box. Very annoying when you want to edit a typo etc immediately and it comes up.

Move it away from where it is and make it less obvious.

I know there's usually a tick box although I'd like to keep it there so that people know if a post has been edited or not.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Rab said:

Move it away from where it is and make it less obvious.

I know there's usually a tick box although I'd like to keep it there so that people know if a post has been edited or not.

Why though? What benefit does that serve?

Should be allowed to edit it within a certain timeframe without it showing up.

It lets everyone know if a post has been edited or not.

I agree that editing it within a certain timeframe should make it not display although that's not an option currently an option.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rab said:

It lets everyone know if a post has been edited or not.

I agree that editing it within a certain timeframe should make it not display although that's not an option.

But why do people need to know that? Should be a posters choice whether they display that information or not. Mods and Admin have that option to disable it for themselves so why shouldn't posters?

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

But why do people need to know that? Should be a posters choice whether they display that information or not. Mods and Admin have that option to disable it for themselves so why shouldn't posters?

People don't need to know it although it's a good safeguard if someone decides to go back and silently edit a post for their own gain.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rab said:

People don't need to know it although it's a good safeguard if someone decides to go back and silently edit a post for their own gain.

But what possible gain could that be had? Treating members with disdain already. The lack of trust is evident. This lack of respect for posters is where problems arose before, this is just the first step in that. People get internet power and they feel like wielding it over others. See no reason why I should have tell people every time I edit a post to correct a mistake etc.

• Administrator
Just now, Storts said:

Treating members with disdain already. The lack of trust is evident. This lack of respect for posters is where problems arose before, this is just the first step in that

bit far-fetched there.

• Administrator

how is it treating members with disdain just because there's an 'edit bar' after a post?

why do you want it removed so much, just out of interest?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

how is it treating members with disdain just because there's an 'edit bar' after a post?

why do you want it removed so much, just out of interest?

Because Rab doesn't want to remove to stop members editing their posts for 'their own gain'. That shows disdain towards posters, that they'd consider using the function for that. It's an internet forum ffs. Why monitor such a ridiculous.

I want it removed because I don't feel like it showing up every single time I make a mistake and have to correct it. It looks messy and also makes people wonder what was said before, when in fact it's simply just typos. It causes more problems than it is worth, and I really don't see the need for it at all. Mods and admin have the option to turn it off with one click of a button, as I well know, no reason for members not to have that option also.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Storts said:

It looks messy and also makes people wonder what was said before, when in fact it's simply just typos

write 'typo' in the reason?

i've never seen people quote an edited post and wonder what was said before. they just carry on as usual xD.

Personally don't think it looks too messy though. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, StanLCFC said:

write 'typo' in the reason?

i've never seen people quote an edited post and wonder what was said before. they just carry on as usual xD.

Personally don't think it looks too messy though. 

No because I shouldn't have to do that - should just be able to edit as planned and move on. I'm still waiting for it is necessary at all? Don't you trust the posters on this forum? Do you believe they want to edit posts for personal gain?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Storts said:

No because I shouldn't have to do that - should just be able to edit as planned and move on. I'm still waiting for it is necessary at all? Don't you trust the posters on this forum? Do you believe they want to edit posts for personal gain?

it's nothing about trust, stop making it about that xD 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, StanLCFC said:

it's nothing about trust, stop making it about that xD 

What's it about then? Answer the question. Neither you or Rab seem to be able to. He said it was to stop posters making edits for their own gain. What about this isn't trust then? If you don't trust them not to do it. Enlighten me.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Storts said:

No, because the topics get locked.

Not in the Bundesliga prediction league, at least.

Don't see what's wrong with the "edited by..." thing at all anyway, who cares?...

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I've never really been bothered by the editing line to be honest, it's hardly a massive issue that needs to be fixed.

You're staff so it's not an issue for you.

There's also no reason not for us to have the option for it not to show up. It's a problem for me, and Berserker and Anton agree it seems. Don't see why we aren't able to make that choice ourselves as we could on TFF

Archived