talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wishlist

football forum

You should really listen to what the members want. If someone like Storts feels it is necessary for something small like the 'edit' line to go and nobody objects then I don't see why it isn't an issue. Cannabis doesn't disagree with the change on a fundamental level, he just thinks that it's unnecessary, in other words he thinks it's pointless but that doesn't negate the fact that someone does think it's a good idea. 

Unless there is a better argument then 'I don't see why it should be changed' then maybe it should be changed.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spike said:

You should really listen to what the members want. If someone like Storts feels it is necessary for something small like the 'edit' line to go and nobody objects then I don't see why it isn't an issue. Cannabis doesn't disagree with the change on a fundamental level, he just thinks that it's unnecessary, in other words he thinks it's pointless but that doesn't negate the fact that someone does think it's a good idea. 

Unless there is a better argument then 'I don't see why it should be changed' then maybe it should be changed.

I think, that the biggest issue was members going back and changing posts during a heated argument that either made them look foolish or could get them ban. Also, Prediction Leagues would then HAVE to all be locked, which would require more weekly work for all the admins for those league which aren't run by an admin.

I've been on forums long enough to know that a staff v user dichotomy can occur, especially if there is a 'secret staff forum'. It just creates tension between people, especially if the staff start treating their position as something desirable. Everything should ideally be transparent and discussed on an open forum with democracy 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I've been on forums long enough to know that a staff v user dichotomy can occur, especially if there is a 'secret staff forum'. It just creates tension between people, especially if the staff start treating their position as something desirable. Everything should ideally be transparent and discussed on an open forum with democracy 

While I absolutely agree, I would say that this doesn't really apply to this situation though correct? It's not like the Admins don't get the same EDIT line as other members. In this regards, everything is literally the same for all users.

I'm personally fine with either way, but if this was to happen, the Prediction Leagues would have to tighten up with locking threads, as well as the staff would have to be on the lookout for bannable offenses that may happen in the 'heat of the moment' but later be covered up by just a deletion/edit.

Just trying to think of this issue from both sides -

Just now, ATL said:

While I absolutely agree, I would say that this doesn't really apply to this situation though correct? It's not like the Admins don't get the same EDIT line as other members. In this regards, everything is literally the same for all users.

I'm personally fine with either way, but if this was to happen, the Prediction Leagues would have to tighten up with locking threads, as well as the staff would have to be on the lookout for bannable offenses that may happen in the 'heat of the moment' but later be covered up by just a deletion/edit.

I didn't say it did apply to this scenario. Just that it can be a potential issue.

1 minute ago, ATL said:

From what i know Staff don't get the same EDIT line we get, and also they can see whether you edited a post, with or without line.

We're currently looking into a solution that allows a grace period which will prevent the edit line from showing up if the post is edited within a certain amount of time.

Reading the thread the majority of the issues with the edit line are coming from people making typos and wanting to quickly edit it just after the post has been made.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rab said:

We're currently looking into a solution that allows a grace period which will prevent the edit line from showing up if the post is edited within a certain amount of time.

Reading the thread the majority of the issues with the edit line are coming from people making typos and wanting to quickly edit it just after the post has been made.

That is correct. That would be the perfect solution for me.

Thanks for the update

testing

Removing it completely wasn't viable for certain aspects of the forum (Predication leagues, yes topics can be closed although requires manual attention). The grace time is perfect as the main issue was typos and this covers that.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Rab said:

Removing it completely wasn't viable for certain aspects of the forum (Predication leagues, yes topics can be closed although requires manual attention). The grace time is perfect as the main issue was typos and this covers that.

I agree - that's fine, main issue was the grace period. 

Had to dig pretty deep there though, was in to some reserves I had hoped I wouldn't have to go to 

Three-pronged staff attack from Rab, Stan and Cannabis, as well as ATL chipping in. Was a tough battle 

11 hours ago, Berserker said:

From what i know Staff don't get the same EDIT line we get, and also they can see whether you edited a post, with or without line.

I always got the edit line. Staff in no way were any different and that will continue to be the case. The last thing there will ever be on this forum is a 'them and us' attitude.

On 14/03/2017 at 10:47 PM, Anton said:

Haha fucking hell

Stortsy 1-0 Rab

This is how the old school revolution started on the forum that we shall not mention. Slowly but surely the grass roots of the community won the smaller battles before winning the war and evil dictator Scout FC was brought down. Well done Storts.

I keep automatically following threads like this one whenever I post. Is there any way I could disable this feature because the amount of mail I receive is unreal.

Out of interest where is CC Is Klass? Would be great to see him on here.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cure said:

I keep automatically following threads like this one whenever I post. Is there any way I could disable this feature because the amount of mail I receive is unreal.

Out of interest where is CC Is Klass? Would be great to see him on here.

Click on your name top right corner
Click on Account Settings
On the page that loads, click on Notification Settings on the right hand side
Untick the boxes underneath Automatically Follow Content 

:) 

Archived