talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

I've been playing Cuphead - it's great.

39 minutes ago, Panflute said:

It was a decent game, but pretty flawed and nowhere near the level of the original games. It was also rushed to release by EA because they wanted to cash in on the franchise name, meaning that now we won't get any single player DLC for the game now.

I thought it was totally shite in comparison to the original trilogy. I'm surprised EA isn't trying to force out more shite DLC for it though.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've been playing Cuphead - it's great.

I thought it was totally shite in comparison to the original trilogy. I'm surprised EA isn't trying to force out more shite DLC for it though.

Single player DLC costs a lot of money to make, and now that the game has been panned in the reviews they know it's not going to attract a lot of new players. Instead they're focusing on multiplayer content, which is an easy cash grab by comparison.

There was a really good video on YouTube that broke this down, but sadly I can't find it right now.

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Class game, Exodus is out for the X at its release I believe.

Cant wait for that, looks great   ..on last light i didn't get the good sniper rifle till the last mission and ended up with the bad ending, maybe because i killed every cunt instead of knocking them out :ph34r:  ...Artyom is dead in my game so don't know how he's going to be in Exodus?

Just now, Cannabis said:

It'll probably be a prequel rather than another sequel. To be honest I'm not too bothered about Artyom as he doesn't talk, I don't have any feelings towards him. 

It's set after Last Light and the air topside is more breathable with the nuclear winter subsided  ..maybe it will be more like fall out 3 B|

• Subscriber

I finished RE: Revelations 2 after having it sitting around for almost an eternity and have to say I was pleased with the game and how it all laid out. I miss the classic RE where you had the over-shoulder look with the cross-hair pointer doing all the work. This kind of gets lost in RE7 which is a great game in its own way.  Nothing still holds a  candle to RE4 but Rev2 is definitely a good game and far better than Rev1.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Spike said:

Playing Crusader Kings 2. Nothing quite like roleplaying as an old Leonese warlord and initiating an early 'reconquista'! ...or even failing for that matter.

Great game. Tried the Game of Thrones mod? Played more hours on that than the original version.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Has anyone with XB played CupHead? Its getting some rave reviews. Saw theres a Steam version but wanted to know if anyone has played it yet.

@Dr. Gonzo mentioned it briefly above and I think @Cannabis has mentioned it as well.

I've seen the odd YouTube clip and it does look pretty good overall. The presentation on the game looks superb.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

@Dr. Gonzo mentioned it briefly above and I think @Cannabis has mentioned it as well.

I've seen the odd YouTube clip and it does look pretty good overall. The presentation on the game looks superb.

thought I was caught-up so didn't scroll. Will get it next week at some point looks like a fun side-scroller.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Does anyone else play Rocket League? I play it all the time, it's by far the game I've clocked the most hours in since I bought it. It's not my favourite game, but it's my favourite multiplayer game.

Criminally, I've only played a couple of local games with mates. Nothing more.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Does anyone else play Rocket League? I play it all the time, it's by far the game I've clocked the most hours in since I bought it. It's not my favourite game, but it's my favourite multiplayer game.

I did for a long time, on PC. That community is toxic as fuck. As soon as you make a small mistake, you get flamed to no end. Even if that teammate is shite himself. 

Just now, Tsubasa said:

I did for a long time, on PC. That community is toxic as fuck. As soon as you make a small mistake, you get flamed to no end. Even if that teammate is shite himself. 

I've just become an arsehole when I play and someone is doing that. It's a game with a weird physics engine and to never make a mistake in a match requires incredible precision... it's almost impossible. Even the very best e-sport pros make mistakes in Rocket League, even though they're like ridiculously good and watching their highlights always makes me think: "how did he do that????"

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Toxic communities. Oh the fun I have had with those on Overwatch Season 1 or the worst of the entire lot, the arseholes on the DOTA or WoW servers generally in Eastern Europe. Now, when I see those servers I just go in the opposite direction. I remember some terrible flaming on WoW at one point. 

1 hour ago, Tsubasa said:

I did for a long time, on PC. That community is toxic as fuck.

Isn't that pretty much all PC communities?

As for me, I got South Park Fractured But Whole in the post but as Stick of Truth was a free download, I've decided to give that another run out.

Here's something I found strange. I have the PS3 copy as well and have got trophies for playing and completing the game, yet instead of logically combining the PS3 and PS4 versions together, the trophies are separate from each other (despite the achievements being the exact same).

I've been waiting for Playerunknown's Battlegrounds to come to Xbox for a few weeks... and some friends recently told me of a free to play game that's sort of cloned it in Fortnite: Battle Royale.

It's a pretty fun battle royale game, I've never really played one before... but it's certainly different to a normal shooter and it's very fun.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Toxic communities. Oh the fun I have had with those on Overwatch Season 1 or the worst of the entire lot, the arseholes on the DOTA or WoW servers generally in Eastern Europe. Now, when I see those servers I just go in the opposite direction. I remember some terrible flaming on WoW at one point. 

I remember the good ol Wow days. Guild wars started over some random 60 something camping a level zone, we bring out our alts and friends, they bring theirs and soon enough its 20 on 20 in a level 60 zone with a ton of dead bodies....that game was a blast back in cataclysm and lich king.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I remember the good ol Wow days. Guild wars started over some random 60 something camping a level zone, we bring out our alts and friends, they bring theirs and soon enough its 20 on 20 in a level 60 zone with a ton of dead bodies....that game was a blast back in cataclysm and lich king.

This man knows.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've been waiting for Playerunknown's Battlegrounds to come to Xbox for a few weeks... and some friends recently told me of a free to play game that's sort of cloned it in Fortnite: Battle Royale.

It's a pretty fun battle royale game, I've never really played one before... but it's certainly different to a normal shooter and it's very fun.

Other than a couple of graphical changes (ie. a bus instead of a plane and using an umbrella instead of a parachute when jumping out), it's practically the same. The only difference I saw was that as Fortnite has a building mechanic, that has become part of Battle Royale as well.

As for Battlegrounds, it looks good and am hoping that it comes to PS4 one day (Microsoft bought the exclusive rights to it, though unsure for how long).

On 20-10-2017 at 1:10 AM, Viva la FCB said:

I've never played that, but I always had to laugh at one guild attacking another while the latter were holding a memorial service for a guild member who had died irl. She would've wanted it that way.

Edited by Panflute

Anyway, I'm playing Elder Scrolls Online as of late. It's ideal because while it is officially an MMO (in that you are in a megaserver with thousands of other players), it is oriented towards quests that you can complete on your own. So I get to immerse myself in the beautiful world and its lore while not having to interact with others (I've always hated multiplayer unless it's with friends).

5 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Anyway, I'm playing Elder Scrolls Online as of late. It's ideal because while it is officially an MMO (in that you are in a megaserver with thousands of other players), it is oriented towards quests that you can complete on your own. So I get to immerse myself in the beautiful world and its lore while not having to interact with others (I've always hated multiplayer unless it's with friends).

Any Idea on the release date of the new Elder Scrolls game? Been waiting anxiously as Skyrim to this day is the best game I've ever played.