talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

• 3 weeks later...

He's comfortable there. Built a great squad and there's very little pressure to win anything. Could have the same season next time out and his stock would continue to rise. I wouldn't leave that. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What's smaller than a billionth of a second?

Ali G reckons the smallest thing in the world is a grain of sand...  What about that? o.O

Hahaha - if Ali G says it then who am I to disagree

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

So whats next for Spurs? Better season following or worse? Who goes who stays? 

They'll be better and I can't see any of their big guns going. Important to keep the current squad and manager together and they could be challenging for a few years if they do.

8 minutes ago, Toony said:

They'll be better and I can't see any of their big guns going. Important to keep the current squad and manager together and they could be challenging for a few years if they do.

Better in terms winning the title or just better football?

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Better in terms winning the title or just better football?

Not saying they'll win the title but I think they'll have as good a chance as anyone.

They need to add a couple of squad players though, for example Janssen is nowhere near good enough.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Tottenham have signed defender Davinson Sanchez from Ajax in a reported club record £42m deal, subject to a medical and a work permit after he agreed a 6 year contract.

The Colombia centre-back has agreed a six-year deal and will be the Premier League club's first summer signing.

"I am very excited to be signing for such a famous club as Tottenham Hotspur," said Sanchez, 21.

"I am looking forward to working with [manager] Mauricio Pochettino and the players and meeting everyone there."

He added: "I would like to thank the coach, management, players and fans of Ajax. It is a great move for me to come here to develop my career."

Edited by VanPanna

• Subscriber

WE SIGNED A PLAYER :banana: First time for a year.

Should slot into a back three, and no better players to learn from than Alderweireld and Vertonghen. A massive buy for us and a 6 year contract shows how highly we value the purchase.

Now a few more to come in