talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AC Milan Thread - Montella Replaced By Gattuso

18 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Stats are overrated

I always say that too... In the lat 10 to 15 years we’ve had all types of analytical football stats you could ever think of and the large majority of them are meaningless in the larger scheme of things and like always, you can many times manipulate stats to mean one thing or another which tells us that all is not held within them. In football itself I’ve personally always felt stats are less useful than in many other sports.

What does that stat tell us?

The easy part is that Milan’s front line is useless and ineffective. Terrible execution of chances and probably mindless football which is being brought down from the coach. I’m sure other different things can be seen with those statistics but what’s for sure is that like always in football, you get the bigger picture simply by watching the game and coming to a decent conclusion that won’t be far wrong. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Eco said:

Milan are expected to announce that they are moving towards Puma as their new technical partner.

End of an era that, you associate a ‘successful’ Milan with Adidas. I guess it’s a sign of the times for them.

Just now, DNA said:

End of an era that, you associate a ‘successful’ Milan with Adidas. I guess it’s a sign of the times for them.

Milan's era ended years ago. They are in some form of shambles at the moment. Inter isn't too much better, but they are in a slightly better place with better owners.

Archived