talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar Jr. Discussion

football forum

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've kept up with the news and I'm just as surprised as everyone else. Not just the fee, but the fact he's left. This scuffers Barcelona's chances of winning the UCL and topping Real Madrid in La Liga, whislt still high. 

Ive said all of last season Barcelona hugely grinded out results, and that was because they were guaranteed to get the goals - not keep them out. This season they'll still be able to score, but not to the extent of last season, and they'll need to reinforce in midfield and defence because there is NO player that can replace Neymar as an overall player. Perhaps you'll find a player that will fit the system as well as him but a player of his quality you won't find. I've said that Neymar has been the best player in the world this past season and I stand by that. Contributes more than Ronaldo, and is more consistent than Messi. 

As for PSG, I don't know how the few will affect them but I can guarantee with this they have a great chance of winning the UCL, assuming Verratti and Marquinhos stays and at the end of the day that's really what they want. I don't think they care how much they spend.

Just read through the thread. I do wonder why WUM's like Teso are still allowed on here. A lot of people come on here for a mix of banter and proper discussion. Teso just kills off all the balance that exists in the forum and makes it a pain in the ass to read. 

I guess he's a good laugh if it's any consolation.

9 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

The Qatari money just makes this deal a perfect match as Barcelona have been plugging Qatar for years. They took sponsorship money from the same people who own PSG. 

I wonder how much is in that as the deal between QSI and Barcelona ended on July 1st 2017. They didn't continue the deal and next thing you know, QSI are after Neymar in a supposed show of strength to put Barcelona in their place.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Put Barcelona in their place?  What a mongoloid! xD

Continue... ;)

You really have no sense of perspective when talking about Barcelona.

PSG of course aren't a big deal compared to Barcelona but Qatar can wipe their arses with any football club if they really want to.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

You really have no sense of perspective when talking about Barcelona.

PSG of course aren't a big deal compared to Barcelona but Qatar can wipe their arses with any football club if they really want to.

On Barcelona I can put people in their place here on facts... Of that there's no doubt.

But you're right...  Arab money goes a long long way.  It's what that society have and we all sucker up to it.

18 hours ago, Spike said:

@SirBalon will disagree with me but PSG were an interesting team before the Qatari whores invaded France. They were a young team but already had some historical names attached, Just Fontaine, Pauleta, Ronaldinho, Calude Makelele, Youri Djorkaeff, and George Weah; just to mention a few. Not exactly a list that read poorly but they can say with a certain pride that club itself, or perhaps the players and staff caused those players to gravitate towards PSG. Now what!? Filthy money from Qatar; generated on the backs of human rights violations and abuse. I don't have anything against the players for taking the pay-cheques (every dollar paid is a dollar the Sheiks don't own) but look at all the names that aren't PSG's but Qatar's. Ibrahimovic, Neymar, Silva, di Maria, Draxler, yadda-yadda-yadda.

This may sound rich and hypocritical from a person that supports Chelsea but I'm no fan of how Abramovic made his millions either. It is a sad and ridiculous reality we live in when Abramovic's mafia cum oil fortune looks clean compared to the Qataris, and his spending at Chelsea looks normalised compared to PSG. What a bizarre world to live in when the original foreign sugar-daddy looks par of the course and overshadowed by a country whose people lived nomadic lifestyles seventy years ago. I'm well aware that everything I said applies to Chelsea as well but PSG is a sick parody of something that perhaps should have never been replicated.

I was pretty young when I started liking Chelsea, maybe if I knew then what I do know, I wouldn't be a fan but it isn't like me to just up and quit.

I agree with this and just now get a chance to reply. I see it in a "he's a bought hero" way rather than a created hero. These people from Qatar took over the club and will make club legends with little connection to anything. It's a good reason I prefer South American football. Most is won with development and creation rather than money.

Just when we were comfortable after the laughter belly ache caused by the people at Manchester United who panicked into spending what we thought was crazy money on Pogba, we failed to take into account rich men being embarrassed.

Years ago there was a story that AC Milan turned up at Watford, saw a great player and signed Luther Blissett when the great player was John Barnes.

Decades later, get embarrassed at Barcelona, Spend 200 million and its not Messi...............Wow!    :ay:

On 8/3/2017 at 3:28 PM, SirBalon said:

They were in the dark as to his intentions. He even told them he was staying at one point which is where we have Piqué's stupid tweet. 

"I told him not to do it, not to post it because I didn't know. I hadn't made my decision. I was thinking about so many things at the time. This has been a very complicated decision. I made it two days ago.

"It was just a picture. He wanted to make a joke and maybe express his feelings. I respect that. He's one of my close friends in the world of football and I hope he will be happy in the future."

Clearly this shows that Pique was a total idiot to tweet that picture with Se Queda despite Neymar asking him not to do that... Now whats your explanation for that? Are you still going to blame Neymar for leaving and also for "keeping his teammates in dark" and would you still wave a middle finger to him?

This thread should be merged with the other Neymar thread and moved to the Ligue 1 section. Seems weird that we finally have people talking about something concerning a Ligue 1 player yet it's in the La Liga section...

I wonder how long Neymar will stay at PSG. It's only a matter of time before he goes to Real Madrid. Watching him at the unveiling in front of all the fans before the game was one of the tackiest things I've ever seen. PSG is literally SUCH a small club compared to Barcelona. No comparison really.

• 1 month later...

Neymar is a spoiled brat. At Barcelona though, there was a hierarchy and players which he had to respect, at PSG on the other hand he feels he is free to do whatever he wants and this is the result. 

Emery has also been too passive, he must show authority and define who will take the penalties. In my opinion, Cavani should take the pens, he is better at it. Plus, he has a history at the club and he played out of pisition when Zlatan was there, it´s time to PSG show him some gratitude. And if Neymar has to take penalties to enhance his stats it´s a sign he´s not as good as he think he is. 

Archived