talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

African Cup of Nations

football forum

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly am dumbstruck for teams that put their best penalty taker 5th in the pecking order.

Fuck me Egypt. Salah is your talisman, you can't have a penalty shootout and end up with him not actually taking a pen.

Where is the sense of that??

Pleased for Mane anyway. He seems a genuine decent bloke from what I've read and what he tries to give back to the people of his country.

15 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Honestly am dumbstruck for teams that put their best penalty taker 5th in the pecking order.

Fuck me Egypt. Salah is your talisman, you can't have a penalty shootout and end up with him not actually taking a pen.

Pleased for Mane anyway. He seems a genuine decent bloke from what I've read and what he tries to give back to the people of his country.

I recall Portugal doing it in 2012. It's because the biggest cunts on the team want the best chance of scoring 'the winning penalty' whereas they should be taking the first or second. 

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I recall Portugal doing it in 2012. It's because the biggest cunts on the team want the best chance of scoring 'the winning penalty' whereas they should be taking the first or second. 

Yep Ronaldo comes to mind for doing it. Did it with Real if I remember correctly. 

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

They won two shootouts with Salah going last. I guess they think why change what was a winning formula

• Subscriber

Congrats to Senegal, I think its nice to see a country that hasn't won it before win it. It's also nice to see that both our attacking players haven't succumbed to any injuries and one of them even won the tournament and imo the guy who needed a confidence boost got it by winning it all. Now, lets hope he comes back and continues the trend.

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Doubt it but maybe

Yeah I'm not sure either will be involved on Thursday. Assuming Mane will have some sort of celebration in Senegal maybe so will arrive back later than Salah. And as you mentioned earlier, the amount of minutes Salah has played, I won't be surprised if he's not even in the squad but back for the game on Sunday.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah I'm not sure either will be involved on Thursday. Assuming Mane will have some sort of celebration in Senegal maybe so will arrive back later than Salah. And as you mentioned earlier, the amount of minutes Salah has played, I won't be surprised if he's not even in the squad but back for the game on Sunday.

Jota with all the goals it is then xD 

Archived