talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I don't find your comments on here clever at all, but I was defending you...

nnnaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh, no worries.    pardon for my off-topic posts.  i'll just ignore that mr.know.it.all guy from now on....

back on topic.   all we can do now is wait.  we have. 17 to 31.  that's barely 14 days till the transfer window ends.  it's just fun how tabloids and clubs and players and managers handle themselves in this silly transfer window.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

nnnaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh, no worries.    pardon for my off-topic posts.  i'll just ignore that mr.know.it.all guy from now on....

Wise choice, don't make the same mistake I made. 

Not an easy task though.

27 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

you cry ABUSE when someone post a thumbs-up photo ...

but just turn a blind-eye to someone who post self-righteous comments such as this --   yikes ....

Why is my avatar above Sir Balon comment :what:

42 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

this is only our 4th exchange here in this forums, but can i ask you something ??    are you a homo ??   coz the way you talk you seem like a homo to me, you have so many side-comments.  

i've been following mbappe all summer, all i see were Monaco always increasing their price-tag for him.

but back to coutinho.   90 to 100 to 120 million bid, rejected by Liverpool.  why can't barcelona take the hint and stop.

Homo? xD

Nah... But if I was I'd be careful with you as you might hang and quarter me afterwards.

Awkward chIld aren't you. Didn't your mother educate you properly on respecting others?

28 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Think he meant Balon to be honest mate. 

I think he did... o.O

yes.   you are right.  it's him i'm referring to.

@6666 ...  forums are always like this, there's always a resident-mr-know-it-all, i'm glad i met him earlier so that i know who to ignore.    this will be my last off topic post ........ let's go on with Coutinho.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

This thread is cancer.

Not surprising with Barcelona and Real Madrid fans involved.

The La Liga forum on here is comedy gold. 

jesus Christ!! is messi the best player during every match??? No. having the skills and attributes of the best player is one thing, performing during the match is another thing, mr A1 journalist xD ima ignore you, your ignorance is too much.

Not even a day  xD

Barcelonas sporting director Robert Fernandez has now said that it's unlikely they can get Coutinho due to no release clause in his contract. 

Their manager earlier today however said a deal was close. 

So which is it Barcelona? It can't be both, so one of them is full of shit?! 

The whole club and the circus around them has lately become an absolute joke xD

4 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Barcelona bid £118m, inclusive of huge add-ons. Immediately rejected.

Phil won't be happy. 

This Barça board are off their heads...  They need to be ousted as soon as possible!

But in saying this...  Liverpool are also mental if that piece of news is genuine.  That is at least 70% more than he's worth and more than he's worth to Liverpool considering the money in question.  I know that the argument is that it's late in the transfer window and that a plan hasn't been made but that's the board's fault!  You can't have a "top" player playing for you with the vultures we all know circling and not be always planning ahead.  Barcelona themselves got caught out with Neymar leaving and not planning ahead (there you have another example of ineptitude) and now they're desperate.

Coutinho could easily wind down his career and then have the club by the sort and curlies...  I know that the argument would then be that knowing what's known (hindsight) they can plan ahead for next summer.  But one thing's for sure, you ain't getting this sort of deal in the next big window.

I repeat...  Barcelona are mental for going this far on this particular target, but Liverpool are also mental for not cashing in.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Liverpool crazy to turn that down.

As SirBalon says both teams are mental.  Barcelona for offering and Liverpool for turning it down.   

FSG are playing chicken here, they know Barcelona have £200m burning a hole in their pocket and they are desperate to replace Neymar. Liverpool want as much of that money as they can get and you can't blame them, Dortmund are doing the same with Demembe.  Right now Liverpool have the leverage but the closer it gets to deadline day, the more pressure there is on FSG to sell, I still think he goes, especially if he is still not playing due to his back injury.

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Fair play to Liverpool, thought they'd fold. If they can drive it above 120 then id have to admit they should take it and run away laughing.

The rumoured "whole" deal that's apparently being used by the media is worth almost €200m (£193m) with easy objectives.  This is why I think Liverpool are mental!

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This Barça board are off their heads...  They need to be ousted as soon as possible!

But in saying this...  Liverpool are also mental if that piece of news is genuine.  That is at least 70% more than he's worth and more than he's worth to Liverpool considering the money in question.  I know that the argument is that it's late in the transfer window and that a plan hasn't been made but that's the board's fault!  You can't have a "top" player playing for you with the vultures we all know circling and not be always planning ahead.  Barcelona themselves got caught out with Neymar leaving and not planning ahead (there you have another example of ineptitude) and now they're desperate.

Coutinho could easily wind down his career and then have the club by the sort and curlies...  I know that the argument would then be that knowing what's known (hindsight) they can plan ahead for next summer.  But one thing's for sure, you ain't getting this sort of deal in the next big window.

I repeat...  Barcelona are mental for going this far on this particular target, but Liverpool are also mental for not cashing in.

Mate what is this nonsense about not planning ahead? We signed him to a 5 year contract in January with no release clause!

Just now, Burning Gold said:

Mate what is this nonsense about not planning ahead? We signed him to a 5 year contract in January with no release clause!

Because top players are attracted (vice versa) to certain clubs. Neymar signed a jew contract over 3 months ago and he's gone. This isn't a new phenomenon. How many players are sold in the middle of their contracts?

30 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Because top players are attracted (vice versa) to certain clubs. Neymar signed a jew contract over 3 months ago and he's gone. This isn't a new phenomenon. How many players are sold in the middle of their contracts?

Neymar's contract had a buy out clause though. It's clearly not the same thing as we were prepared for offers for Coutinho (hence he's still a Liverpool player) while Barcelona were not prepared for the 'offer' for Neymar (hence he is still unreplaced).

8 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Neymar's contract had a buy out clause though. It's clearly not the same thing as we were prepared for offers for Coutinho (hence he's still a Liverpool player) while Barcelona were not prepared for the 'offer' for Neymar (hence he is still unreplaced).

Yes but I then went onto say that players have departed in meidterm throughout history. Otherwise there'd be no need for negotiation. Contracts mean nothing other than a negotiating tool these days. If a player wants to leave, you're gonna find it difficult to maintain him. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

The rumoured "whole" deal that's apparently being used by the media is worth almost €200m (£193m) with easy objectives.  This is why I think Liverpool are mental!

Liverpool journalists (who I'm more inclined to believe as they haven't blatantly lied throughout this whole saga) are reporting that it's a maximum of £118m with big add-ons (read: relatively low guaranteed fee).

Obviously I don't know what the add-ons are, but Barcelona probably probably won't win anything this year, and Coutinho won't get that many goals or assists in their system, so the actual fee is likely to be a lot lower than the reported £118m

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived