talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PES (and a bit of FIFA...)

football forum

Since FIFA 11 I've been addicted to the Player Career over the Manager Career, so when I finally got FIFA 17 I made a new player and played for the following clubs:

Heracles (Eredivisie)
Eintracht Frankfurt (Bundesliga)
Juventus (Serie A)
Real Madrid (La Liga)

The Juventus experience was severely underwhelming as they didn't let me play most big games, making me miss out on the Coppa Italia final (even though I had almost single-handedly taken them there), as well as most CL matches, leading to them stranding in the round of 16. I went to Real Madrid after 1 season, where I have so far played all matches and scored a bunch. I swear, playing for an attacking team over a defensive one is so gratifying in this game.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I want for FIFA 18 is for there to actually be some new additions and actual changes to Career Mode, other than simply changing the colour of the menus and giving us a broken, bugged out feature that nobody wants, such as the manager rating in FIFA 17. 

I'm hopeful but not expectant :4_joy: A Career Mode that is actually different from FIFA 14's Career Mode is all I need.

Played the PES become a legend mode was it? Started off as a midfielder, but never managed to get Chelsea to sign me. Played in England, France and Italy and won titles will all teams. Won the Balon de Or and managed to win the European Championship with Bosnia. My stats and skills were off the charts.

Managed to scored three hat tricks against Chelsea too xD

On 5/26/2017 at 2:16 PM, Cannabis said:

Just when I start enjoying FIFA again it slaps me in the face and reminds me why I need to hate it. I decided to spend a big chunk of my transfer budget tying all of my best players down to long term contracts and what good does it do? Jack shit. Sergi Roberto comes to me and says he wants to leave and so does Marc-Andre ter Stegen. Now rather than going down the normal, Football Manager way of trying to negotiate with these pricks you don't even get a choice. The board have told me that both have to leave (even though the two of them are on five year deals) and that if I don't do something about it immediately they'll take matters into their own hands. 

Reluctantly, I placed ter Stegen on the transfer list but because nobody came in for him what did the board do? Took matters into their own hands are promised and sold him to Bayern for £29,000,000 which in today's market makes me want to vomit my lungs up and eat them again. How the fuck do you justify that when the likes of De Gea and Neuer are going for £100,000,000 a piece?! I'm just so done with FIFA it's untrue. Ultimate Team is broken and corrupt to fuck and so is the career mode, it's just one big pile of AIDS and I can't be arsed anymore. 

Oh, and the transfer budgets are still broken too. In Season 1 I was given £90,000,000 to spend, in Season 2 (with a domestic double under my belt) I was given £95,000,000 to spend and now after winning the treble (including the Champions League) I'm given £84,000,000. It seems like no matter what you do you always get the same money regardless whilst the AI teams spend insane amounts getting their squads maxed out. Manchester United's front-line is Greizemann, Ibrahimovic, Aubamayang, Dybala for fucks sake which is just taking the piss. 

I'm done anyway, I may do another season just for shits and giggles but I'm ashamed in myself for investing so much time into this.

Haha :4_joy: This reminds me of back in FIFA 12 when in every single Barcelona Career Mode you did, Messi always used to ask to leave :dam: I agree about the transfer budgets too, what use is the prize money you get from winning trophies if you can't even use it? In my opinion it should roll over into your budget for the next season. This hurts you even more when you're doing a Road to Glory type Career Mode and they barely give you any money to spend despite the success you achieved in the season prior. 

They definitely need to fix the AI transfers as well....in every Career Mode, Man United's entire XI is made up of strikers, as they just buy every world class striker, every transfer window :| It's quite moronic 

FIFA Career Mode is just generally a very broken experience and I'm getting fed up of how every year they seem to take from it rather than actually add to it, and flat out ignore it to focus on the extra money that FUT gives them :dam: 

I'm coming down to the wire in career mode managing Birmingham city, wasn't actually going to play as them an actual mistake picking them but they randomly invested an extra 18 mil into the club a week in and I was like well guess I'll stay, brought in Pickford, Ben Gibson, Micah Richards and Rasmus Elm to create a decent spine to the squad and we're currently sitting in line for a playoff spot only 2 points behind 2nd. Not bad for a squad that came in 16th this season in real life. Don't have a great GD because most games I end up winning 1-0 or drawing 0-0 but we 36 games in we have 27 clean sheets...

On 6/5/2017 at 11:45 AM, True Blue said:

Played the PES become a legend mode was it? Started off as a midfielder, but never managed to get Chelsea to sign me. Played in England, France and Italy and won titles will all teams. Won the Balon de Or and managed to win the European Championship with Bosnia. My stats and skills were off the charts.

Managed to scored three hat tricks against Chelsea too xD

PES has the Ballon D'Or in the game as well? See, it's the little things like that, that would boost FIFA's Career Mode a lot for me

I am currently in my second season with Inter Milan on Career mode, We won the league by 13 points during my first season and lost to Juventus in the Italian cup Semi final. This is probably the most enjoyable Career mode I've started to date.

Handanovic 87

Rose 83 / Laporte 85 / Tah 83 / Florenzi 83 

Joao Mario 87 / Kante 85

Martial 85 / Coutinho 88 / Bernardo Silva 87/

Muller 87

Subs: Murillo 82, Santon 78, Kondogbia 79, Gagliardini 82, Alli 84, Biabiany 78, Caprari 76

Im looking to replace Muller in January with someone younger, Hopefully either Griezmann, Dybala or Kane I Also want to bring in a Centre back rated 85 or over.

Forgive me for not reading the first page of this thread haha, so my apologies if it was mentioned there, but does anyone play The Journey? 

For a nice little change to give me a break from Career Mode ( since I don't have my PS Plus activated as yet ), it's great...and it's also much better and more immersive than Player Career Mode, though it's a shame that it's only one season long. 

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Not to sound like a party pooper but don't get too excited about the Icons. The good ones cost more than Messi and Ronaldo so unless you put real money into the game or quit your job for a life-time of FIFA you're never going to be able to use them. 

Exactly haha, at first I got really excited when I saw this, but then I was like "I'm never even going to be able to use them anyway". 

They could also be in the Classic XI though, so maybe we'll be able to use them there, at least. 

I really hope Dwight Yorke gets an Icon card in FIFA 18, though. Not that I'd ever be able to use him, but it would be cool to have Trinidad & Tobago's legend in the game. I mean, if Alexi Lalas had a Legend card in 17, then Yorke more than deserves to have one xD Of course he won't, though. Heck, Shaka Hislop is more deserving of one than Lalas :34_rolling_eyes:

• Subscriber

It must be pushing a decade now since I've properly played FIFA and certainly PES. Always just found the matches against the AI were too easy then it became impossible to score without it being a "Jew goal" on one of the versions and completely got bored of it.

I know I'm massively into Football Manager and you could easily level the same argument at that series, but I find it a complete waste of money paying £50 each year for the same game with minor changes. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is the Liverpool team I've built in Career Mode. I also have the likes of Deulofeu, Lemos, Naby Keita and Dani Ceballos on the bench, with Isco set to join on a free in the summer. 

With this team I won the league by 7 points in the first season and I'm now halfway through the second season, hoping to win at least one of the two Cups and hopefully maybe even the Champions League as well. 

FIFA.jpg

Archived