• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tipping thread - 2017/18

football forum

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

There is a table, completely slipped my mind to be honest.

If you want a good bet every week back Leuven of the Belgian 2nd tier. Managed by none other than Nigel Pearson, 4 wins out of 4 so far. Had them in play earlier and they delivered.

• Subscriber

And if you REALLY want some value then get West Brom to win at Leicester at 16/5, or 4/5 for West Brom or draw (that is an ABSURD price). We haven't beaten them at home in 24 years and we're playing utterly terribly at the minute. Shakespeare's authority looks less by the day and West Brom will be well organised as usual. I can't see us winning.

Getting it in early but seeing as it's Monday, and next week, then I'm having another £25 on the double chance. Just a ridiculous price.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Chelsea -1.5 Asian Handicap vs Crystal Palace (2.375)

Man City to win both halves vs Stoke (1.90)

£10 returns £45.30 (Bet365)

What an absurd price. Sickener I missed that one.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

+£95 for myself too which is great, I'm having a good season (finally) this year.

I think I'm having a bit of a shocker. I reckon I was a good few hundred up last year but this year I've been pretty dire.

Lost about £60 all in ten pound bets this weekend and then ended up doing a seventh one that I built up to £112. Took £100 and stick £12 on Sydney FC -1 a bit later on. Not making the same mistake as last week. I put £108 on but I'd never ever deposit that much and put it on, for example.

11 hours ago, Cannabis said:

+£95 for myself too which is great, I'm having a good season (finally) this year.

Only think that saved me last season was Orient. I wasn't doing that well pre-Christmas but a load of -1 bets on whoever Orient were playing and then the eventual relegation bet where I landed £225, after placing it in November, really turned my season around. 

This year I'm about £75 up so far. 

• Subscriber

WEEK 10 TABLE (October 2 - October 8)

59e949a35845a_Week10-October8.thumb.PNG.b1fdf5ed329a5439387ed57da7d730b7.PNG

First of all, apologies for not only the pathetic delay, but the fact there's still another week to come (but it's too late and I cannot be arsed).

This week was what could only be described as an absolute disaster.

The only one to not let it down was the reliable @Smiley Culture who collected an eighth win on the bounce. Although his biggest win has only been £6.66, it's paying off as he now has a comfortable lead at the top of the table.

He was the only one of seven to collect a win. @Batard could be deemed very unlucky to lose his, although the general theme of the weekend is that Notts County have a hell of a lot to answer for, with @Stan, @RandoEFC and @Lucas all being let down by them (as well as others). @Cannabis backed an ambitious double that would involve the home nations being involved in some entertaining games, so it's little surprise that he has a red score by his name.

But idiot of the week only has the one contender. Yours truly. I love a bit of the A-League, goals galore and fairly generous odds considering. I spent my Friday night playing FIFA and making silly bets online, and in doing so managed to accumulate a £10 stake into £108. My general rule when doing this is withdraw the money once I hit £100 and then play with the remainder. I've had some incredible runs where I've won about 12 in a row and ended up getting up to £130 or so, then the £30 back up to £140 etc... I managed to withdraw around £500 in one afternoon once, although it's quite concerning how little it seems to bother me staking £75 anymore, for example.

Having got up to £108 I thought fuck it, the A-League is great for a goal and threw the lot of it on the single of Melbourne v Sydney FC. I missed Stan's advice and woke up to find I'd lost. I even blew one of my £25 stakes on here on it in the process, dropping me 3 places in the table and contributing to an overall diabolical week.

Although sure enough, Stan, they won their next game 3-2.

Will try and get week 11's table in for tomorrow night if I'm able to, although it's safe to say mine went a little better.

• Subscriber

WEEK 11 TABLE (October 9 - October 15)

59ea8f647cecc_Week11-October15.thumb.PNG.f836e154ac2a56b30219a7331642ddf3.PNG

Another week, and quite frankly, another disaster. Whilst not quite scraping the lows of last week, it's still ranked as one of the worst weeks yet and the overall score is a worrying -£170.95, with four players now £50 or more down.

Reading from the top, @Smiley Culture cements his lead with a 9th straight win, and his biggest yet as generously priced Notts County did the business against Barnet.

I also went straight back to 2nd from 5th after backing Uruguay to beat Bolivia in the first half when Bolivia took a shock lead. The game ended 4-2. A very comfortable win in the end.

@Batard is proving he's French with his bright start only to let down afterwards as he loses again, although you could see a lot of logic in that one. @Lucas had a bit of a mare, unlucky to a degree as both looked likely but it wasn't to be, while @...Dan's very ambitious in-play double lost.

@RandoEFC loses again, no sympathy as his love affair with Asian handicap is throwing me and thankfully he isn't winning any of them. @Stan could be deemed unlucky as Celtic only won 1-0 while his other game finished 3-6!

It just isn't happening for @Storts, it's 7 defeats out of 7 and he cements his place at the foot of the table.

Get some in for the weekend!

• Administrator

Hmmm,  not feeling it this week with these fixtures. Going to risk a small stake on;

Levante vs Getafe Home, BTTS - No, 5+ corners each team 11/1

£2.50 wins £30.00

3 hours ago, Batard said:

Hmmm,  not feeling it this week with these fixtures. Going to risk a small stake on;

Levante vs Getafe Home, BTTS - No, 5+ corners each team 11/1

£2.50 wins £30.00

Not allowed, mate. Has to be a tenner.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived