talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tipping thread - 2017/18

football forum

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Stan said:

I'm hoping this returns me to winning ways... 

Screenshot_20171021-082538~01.png

this is getting beyond a fucking joke now.

Betis' last 2 matches have SEVENTEEN goals in them. And there's only 2 in this game against a side that is 2nd from bottom as well as Betis themselves having one of the worst defences in the league.

Takes the fucking piss. One goal away. AGAIN. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Tottenham and Liverpool BTTS 10/17

Everton and Arsenal BTTS 5/7

£10 @ 2.72/1 = £27.20

I'm going to be that one who is REALLY picky about this but 2.72/1 would actually be 3.72, so your odds are actually 1.72/1.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Sorry, you've lost me there?

2.72/1 as a decimal is actually 3.72.

I'm assuming you don't know how decimal odds work here. Basically if the odds are 3.72, then £10 would return £37.20, as the decimal is just what you times the stake by to get your return (should it win).

So if you put a tenner on a 4/1 for example, the decimal is 5.00.

So yours, which returns £27.20 from a tenner, makes the decimal 2.72, and the fraction would actually be 1.72/1.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

2.72/1 as a decimal is actually 3.72.

I'm assuming you don't know how decimal odds work here. Basically if the odds are 3.72, then £10 would return £37.20, as the decimal is just what you times the stake by to get your return (should it win).

So if you put a tenner on a 4/1 for example, the decimal is 5.00.

So yours, which returns £27.20 from a tenner, makes the decimal 2.72, and the fraction would actually be 1.72/1.

Ok, so is this what you mean? Just put it in a betting calculator.

You've kinda thrown me out a bit, I assumed it is in a fraction because the two original bets are in a fraction no?

image.thumb.png.03ab2f94e62a1ac10f915506cd1eb493.png

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yeah so your original post, the returns would  be £37.20 not £27.20

Oh, ok. So I've typo'd then and included the profit but not the stake back as well which has confused things? 

• Subscriber
On 21/10/2017 at 2:53 PM, Lucas said:

Tottenham and Liverpool BTTS 10/17

Everton and Arsenal BTTS 5/7

£10 @ 2.72/1 = £27.20

Been following this little debate. At those odds, the winning Everton v Arsenal bet would turn £10 into about £17, then the winning Tottenham v Liverpool bet would change a £17 stake into about £27. 

23 minutes ago, Dan said:

We do, but it's £17.20 you've won because your bet is 1.72/1.

Sorry, is that the profit?

I'm just confused now because I thought you and Stan said it was £37.20? Sorry if this is all me, I literally am unsure of everything now xD

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm just confused now because I thought you and Stan said it was £37.20? Sorry if this is all me, I literally am unsure of everything now xD

£10 returns £27.20 which is a profit of £17.20 plus the £10 stake xD.

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I said £37.20 because you posted it as 2.72/1, when it isn't, it's actually 1.72/1. That's the error.

It's OK anyway. Decimal odds aren't too commonly used over here. I'll always instinctively use fractions but I think decimals are actually a bit better, easier to work out.

• Subscriber

Decimals are so much better than fractions. Whoever even came up with the idea of representing odds with fractions instead of decimals is an absolute mong because even as a maths teacher I have to so serious maths gymnastics to work out what return I should get off a 2 fold bet, or to work out whether 4/7 or 7/11 is better odds.

Decimals are so much easier, literally just multiply your stake by the odds.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Decimals are so much better than fractions. Whoever even came up with the idea of representing odds with fractions instead of decimals is an absolute mong because even as a maths teacher I have to so serious maths gymnastics to work out what return I should get off a 2 fold bet, or to work out whether 4/7 or 7/11 is better odds.

Decimals are so much easier, literally just multiply your stake by the odds.

Yep, it's ridiculous. I always use decimal odds.

• Subscriber

Let the table slip again. Will get it up a bit later on.

Mine for this week is Wolves (QPR away, 6/5) and Bristol City (Sunderland away, 15/8). The latter I think is an absolutely mad price.

£10 returns £63.25.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived