talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tipping thread - 2017/18

football forum

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Happy with my win.

Do we do midweek games as well or just weekend?

I do one a week starting Monday. I'll get an updated table up for the last two weeks tomorrow night as I've been away. Think there's a decent chance I've been knocked off the top.

Going to get mine for this week in now though and ironically given the fact I'm quoting this tweet I'll go for Leeds to beat Birmingham and Leicester to win at Huddersfield. 8/11 and 16/11 respectively. £10 would return £42.40.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

UPDATED TABLES

Week 5

59b87a227a1ba_Week5-September3.thumb.PNG.8f641cb9570d23bf5d87d6034bc3c994.PNG

Disastrous would be putting it kindly. In what's been a slow start overall, the international break produced very little getaway from what has been a weak start on the whole. Just the one winner in the whole week out of seven, and once again it was @Smiley Culture playing safe for the victory.

I was let down by a pathetic result from Israel, @Lucas let down on his debut by Sutton in surprising fashion and @RandoEFC by Poland as they succumed to a shocking 4-0 defeat at Denmark. @Toony backed winners in games that ended up draws, @Storts came close, but the real loser of the week has got to be @Stan who, understandably, backed an absolute mullering in the France v Luxembourg game, only for the minnows to earn one of the most surprising draws in footballing history. A bad week all round, statistically the worst yet.

Week 6

59b87a24215a8_Week6-September10.thumb.PNG.d52bacf2a2d2fe7cb19d145ae06306d8.PNG

Now this was far more like it. A quieter week in general, but the most successful yet, and the first week where as a forum we won.

I had a truly laughable week, tipping not only two losers, but also in said post calling a side 'over-priced' at 11/4 that went on to lose 5-0. I have backed against Nantes a few times and, cynical it may sound, I just have a bad feeling for Ranieri there - but his new club collected an impressive away victory, their second on the bounce. I'm a Leicester win this weekend away from a win though after my first pick of the week, Leeds, won.

@Smiley Culture picked up his 4th consecutive win. There's clearly some method in the madness here as he edges ever closer to me, and should the same happen next week he will sit on top of the pile. Interestingly, should he have rolled over his initial £10 winner and had it as a rolling accumulator, he'd now be up to £52.

@Lucas threw himself into the green with an impressive League One double of home wins, sending him 3rd after just 2 bets, but the real winner of the week was @Stan who has flown up the table into 4th, with an impressive goalscorer double.

The only other loser aside me was @RandoEFC who was let down by a surprise home loss for @Batard's Marseille. Rumours have it the Frenchman will be the 10th person to join the league, but rumours are just that.

European group stage kicked off this week and there's a whole host of domestic action at the weekend too, so a huge range of things to get on this week.

Doncaster 14.20 - Demons Rock ..has never lost at this distance and is normally a front runner with a pace rating of 10 which means if he gets off well like he normally does, you can cash out for a profit even before the race has finished  .. only 3 other runners too and is sure to go odds on when the market forms, can be had @ 2.18 if you are fast!

83% strike rate, four consecutive winners and half the overall winning bets in this, virtual it may be, but the little and often approach has been successful* so far. The fear is one big loss decimating my profit.

* Fully expect this winning streak to end spectacularly this weekend now I've said that. 

• Subscriber

That's often my method in betting, roll it over. Start with a tenner, gradually build it up, but don't stake all of it. For example, bet £10, get £18 back, bet £15, get £23 back (plus your £3 left over) then you're at £26, don't bet over £16 because then if you lose you're back where you started anyway. If you win then happy days. I generally think it's quite easy to turn £10 into £20. Not got the balls to try it with £100 though xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived