Stevenage v Newport County

Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City

Sunday 6th August

Championship

Bolton Wanderers v Leeds United 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be a tough game against Sheffield United but I fancy us to do them. A lot of people tipping us to be surprise relegation favourites (surprise favourites???) but we've kept our players, improved on last seasons squad and have arguably the best winger in the league still with us. Defo going to be around the play offs this season so beating sides like Sheffield United needs to be a done thing now. 

I can't see Brentford anywhere near the play-offs.

All gets underway tonight then, interested to see how Sunderland look under Grayson, think they'll be hard to break down but haven't really got any quality up top.

Expect Forest to win the other game.

55 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Glad football is back. 

Massive pressure on Sunderland tonight. Need to put their terrible pre-season behind them.

Why are Forest playing Millwall tonight? 

Think it's to do with the cricket being in Nottingham tomorrow.

Think we have a decent squad for the season. Not going to crack the play offs but I have a bit more optimism for the season. Unfortunately, losing Kadeem Harris for 2-3 months is a blow but we do have options available in Hoilett, Mendez-Laing and possibly Ward if necessary.

Burton won't be easy as they proved last season, but if Zohore can continue as he did in the latter half of last season, he will cause Burton problems. Going for a 1-0 win to us.

Honestly couldn't predict the first team for Sunday's game. So many possibilities. It's all down to who has made the greatest impressions in pre season and training.

The only thing we do know is Pontus Jansson is suspended so that automatically makes me weary about the defence, particularly with no Kyle Bartley to lean on now.

Obviously would love to start with a win away at Bolton on TV, and with all due respect to Stef, we should normally look at that game as very winnable.

But the first game is a lottery, players have been used to non competitive games and then suddenly the intensity rises and not all of them manage to be 'on it.'

I'm going to try not get bent out shape too much with Sunday's result. Last season we were stuffed 3-0 by QPR on Sky. Then look how contrasting both our season's were.

Should be a good support in, we sold the allocation in 15 minutes so it's not like any optimism has wavered.

• Administrator

sometimes playing a promoted team can have its downsides when played them first. although Bolton's team is full of trialists these days so maybe you're good for 3 points xD 

meanwhile, I know it's only Sunderland and Derby but it's good to have serious football back. :D 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived