talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2017/18 - 4th-6th August 2017

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be quite encouraged by that if I supported Sunderland. I imagine they'll do more transfer activity by the start of September and they have players like O'Shea and Gibson who should be decent at this level still to feature. They went up against a team that have about 7/8 starting players who wouldn't look out of place with a captains arm band on and were arguably the better team at a time when everybody was questioning them.

Thought Sunderland were the better team and were a tad unfortunate not to win. They were fighting again, I've said all along I like Grayson and I think if he's given time he'll take them back up.

Derby were average at best.

• The topic was pinned
57 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

QPR 1-0 up against Reading. 

Anyone watching Villa and Hull later?

I will be - interested to see how both sides come on. Villa big favourites for promotion but Hull will be a threat and have a quality manager.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Gabby Agbonlahor starts for Villa, is he still hated by the fans @Fairy In Boots @TomAVFC?

I'll never forgive him I'd say it's about 50/50 although the 50% that don't like him aren't vocal about it. I politely clap his goal I'll never sing his name and I'll never say "yes gabby!" I know others who're the same. If he scores 20+ this year and fully apologies maybe but I'll never forget it. 

54 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I take it you don't like Bruce @Fairy In Boots xD

I'd say I'm 60/40 against, I agreed with the appointment initially however some of his decisions are bizarre and he doesn't seem to be capable of identifying a problem and rectifying it. 

The same issues as last season looked apparent, I think he's probably a tactically limited manager who's been fairly decent at motivating sides in the past and that's worked for him. I don't think it's a sure bet this year, I think if we're not top 4 at xmas he's gone. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived