The better place to talk football.

World Cup Qualification (CONMEBOL) - August 31st and September 5th

Higuain-----Dybala

Messi

Gaitan-----------Banega----Mascherano--------Salvio

Musacchio-------------------------Mercado

Fazio

Romero

Team I'd like to see against Peru and Ecuador. Sampaoli really needs to take advantage of the chemistry Dybala and Higuain have. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Higuain-----Dybala

Messi

Gaitan-----------Banega----Mascherano--------Salvio

Musacchio-------------------------Mercado

Fazio

Romero

Team I'd like to see against Peru and Ecuador. Sampaoli really needs to take advantage of the chemistry Dybala and Higuain have. 

Icardi on as a sub for you?

Seems a good lineup but I'm not really scared of Argentina anymore. Although keep in mind that we are missing 4 players.

I'd play this lineup vs Argentina

Caceda

Corzo - Rodriguez - Araujo - Trauco

Aquino - Yotun

Farfan - Manzaneda - Flores

Guerrero

Advincula on for Corzo in case we need to go more offensive. Tapia on for Aquino, Hurtado on for Farfan.

I must say while I think we will qualify to Russia, I have one concern. People here are in an amazing mood, I can hear horns from my house just now. Last night on my way to work everyone was greeting me. Its great to see the country like this, but I rather it be next month. We need to be reminded that while we are just a game away from qualifying, we are not there yet. Our last 2 games are both winnable but are not easy by any means.

Vidal threatening Chile with "possible retirement".

He is the gift that keeps on giving.

"Paraguay celebrated like they won the World Cup when they beat us in Asuncion"

"The 3-0 loss to Paraguay was bad luck"

"We're going for the 6 points"

"The lack of 6 points was because of the confederations cup intensity"

Think Vidal retiring would be a mixed bag for Chile. Would sacrifice quality for discipline.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Creating chances wasn't a problem last night, it was over played passes, terrible crossing, as well as wasteful finishing.

Mate, they played Venezuela!  The nation at the bottom of the table!

Banega disappears not only for bunches of games when his form dips for unknown reasons, but he also has ups and downs within single games.  He was accused of this during his long spell in Spain and the only coach to manage to get a medium modem of form from him was Unai Emery both at Valencia and then subsequently Sevilla.

He isn't good enough to rely upon in the massive games when a lot is being played.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Mate, they played Venezuela!  The nation at the bottom of the table!

Banega disappears not only for bunches of games when his form dips for unknown reasons, but he also has ups and downs within single games.  He was accused of this during his long spell in Spain and the only coach to manage to get a medium modem of form from him was Unai Emery both at Valencia and then subsequently Sevilla.

He isn't good enough to rely upon in the massive games when a lot is being played.

Except Venezuela aren't as bad as their position suggests.

The only reason they are bottom is because they had political issues at the start of the campaign. They had failed to win the first 6 and when Dudamel was hired, they improved but it was too late.

They have tremendous young talent and for me will at least fight to go to 2022.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Except Venezuela aren't as bad as their position suggests.

The only reason they are bottom is because they had political issues at the start of the campaign. They had failed to win the first 6 and when Dudamel was hired, they improved but it was too late.

They have tremendous young talent and for me will at least fight to go to 2022.

I couldn't give a damn!

ARGENTINA played Venezuela, not some medium sized nation playing Venezuela.  The last World Cup Finalists and last two editions of the Copa América Finalists.

Tell that to the Argentinian fans that they shouldn't be expecting to comfortably beat Venezuela.  You sometimes just do it on purpose don't you?  You want to play devil's advocate just to be different, burn your fingers and then go on about "it's my opinion so respect it because I ain't changing my mind".

Just now, SirBalon said:

I couldn't give a damn!

ARGENTINA played Venezuela, not some medium sized nation.  The last World Cup Finalists and last two editions of the Copa América Finalists.

Tell that to the Argentinian fans that they shouldn't be expecting to comfortably beat Venezuela.  You sometimes just do it on purpose don't you?  You want to play devil's advocate just to be different, burn your fingers and then go on about "it's my opinion so respect it because I ain't changing my mind".

It doesn't matter if they had reached 3 finals in 3 years, they have still been awful.

And no, I can guarantee you most Argentinian fans weren't expecting to beat Venezuela "comfortably". For 2 reasons, because Venezuela is a good team to start and because Argentina have been awful no matter what way you look at it.

And I don't care about records so don't even bring that up. Peru hadn't even drawn in Quito in their history, and we went last night and won. Lets also not forget the fact Argentina had lost only 2 WC qualifiers before this cycle, and they lost 2 in the last 2 years.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I couldn't give a damn!

ARGENTINA played Venezuela, not some medium sized nation playing Venezuela.  The last World Cup Finalists and last two editions of the Copa América Finalists.

200_s.gif

tino-bluradio.jpg?w=620

Faustino Asprilla: "They make Messi play with a bunch of donkeys"

Faustino Asprilla yesterday while doing his punditry work and commenting on how the CONMEBOL qualification phase is going in Latin America, had some harsh words when giving his opinion on how Argentina's campaign for qualification was going.  These are some of his quotes;

"How can you put a bunch of donkeys to play with Messi?  They make the guy play with one guy who's only interested on making headlines in the press for extramarital shenanigans, give him some real players that want to play football."

"Messi can't even play his natural game when he plays for Argentina.  He runs around feeling that he has to do it all, I know, anyone that's played this game professionally can observe this when watching.  In a matter of minutes he was someone they haven't got and went playmaker by putting in three consecutive balls for goal chances... But obviously when you're playing with people that aren't even good enough to be bakers, then this is the result."

Archived