talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Qualification (CONMEBOL) - August 31st and September 5th

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The MLS.... all someone has to do is look at the concacaf champion's league to see the level of that league... ffs, even teams from costa Rica make it farther then mls teams. im ready to see its level go up cause it gets boring seeing two mexican teams in the final every time. but then again, the peruvian ametaur league is not any better so gareca doesnt have many options. 

I can name 5 players in the Peruvian league that are better options than Abram... probably even more but 5 that come to mind.

Benincasa, Balta, S. Lojas, M. Quina, Garces

Not the best 5 players in the world but they are better than Luis Abram, who is shocking.

Although your comment is ironic because it seems the top Mexican players prefer the MLS over the Liga MX...

(although I agree its inferior to the Liga MX in every way)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/13/2017 at 10:06 AM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Good point. Someone who thinks Mexico, Costa Rica and USA would top CONMEBOL is delusional.

Mexico would finish 9th or 8th in CONMEBOL. 

Shock horror, Teso disappeared. Its only a matter of time before he shows up and asks me to leave him alone, very ironically.

Banning him from here will be the greatest thing that's happened in forum history.

The USA would be 5th/6th based on recent results.  We've gotten wins vs. the bottom half, but nothing but losses vs. the top half.  It would be a 50/50 proposition for the USA to sneak into a WC.  

Mexico would also be on the bubble (American phrase).  Costa Rica would probably sit around 7th/8th.

CONMEBOL is deep at the top.  However, the bottom teams are not minnows like the bottom UEFA teams - you get no matches off.  The USA can be in a daze for a portion of WCQ and still get in with games to spare.  

Icardi

Dybala------------Messi

Di Maria--------Fernandez------Banega--------Mercado

Fazio-----Mascherano----Otamendi

Romero

Massive game for Argentina midweek against Uruguay. What I would lineup given the options available. 

Vidal about their upcoming match vs Paraguay

"When they won in Asunción against us last year, they celebrated like they won the World Cup"

Well considering Chile are one of the most unlikable teams in the world with their arrogance and provocations, it's no wonder Paraguay, and Uruguay both celebrated like they won the World Cup.

¡Vidal eres un imbecil, como siempre!

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

All because Higuain isn't in the squad? 

I know Berserker has an unlimited love for Higuain, but honestly it is stupid from Sampaoli's part. Aguero was the one to take out if anyone.

Higuain has bottled finals and been inconsistent but it would be unfair to say that he's been bad. He's scored his chances and shown some supporting elements at times for a poacher type player. 

Aguero has been bad, and while he's a class player at club level, he's been given too many chances I feel.

Just now, Cicero said:

All because Higuain isn't in the squad? 

Yeah, i've been kinda frustrated with the footballing world since we were not given that penalty against Germany and Higuain was the only reason i kept watching the NT play, i just don't feel motivated if he's not there, add that to the fact most of ours fans are complete retards and the AFA is corrupt & embarassing as fuck and i really don't care too much.

7 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I know Berserker has an unlimited love for Higuain, but honestly it is stupid from Sampaoli's part. Aguero was the one to take out if anyone.

Higuain has bottled finals and been inconsistent but it would be unfair to say that he's been bad. He's scored his chances and shown some supporting elements at times for a poacher type player. 

Aguero has been bad, and while he's a class player at club level, he's been given too many chances I feel.

2 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Yeah, i've been kinda frustrated with the footballing world since we were not given that penalty against Germany and Higuain was the only reason i kept watching the NT play, i just don't feel motivated if he's not there, add that to the fact most of ours fans are complete retards and the AFA is corrupt & embarassing as fuck and i really don't care too much.

You need to remember that Sampaoli is changing the whole dynamism of the team. Instead of having Messi as the focal point, he is implementing a cohesive style of play, similar to what he did with Chile. Having Argentina play as a unit vs. get the ball to Messi and see what happens. This will bear the load off Messi for once. 

Dropping Higuain in favor of Aguero is strange, but as you mentioned, both have been under performing for a while now.  My honest to god opinion is that he is looking for his strikers to be 'footballers' rather than mere goal scorers, that is why is has picked Aguero and Icardi to fill in the #9 spot. 

I'm telling you, Sampaoli will be the best thing that happened to the national side in a long time. 

Anyways, Pedro Gallese has gotten injured for the rest of the qualifiers, which is a massive blow. We're short on good keepers and honestly only Butron fits the bill for a good enough replacement.

Paolo Hurtado who for me is Peru's second best right winger, has also been injured. Thankfully we have depth there (Farfan, Carrillo, Polo)

I'd line up like this against Bolivia

Butron

Advincula - Rodriguez - Ramos - Trauco

Yotun - Aquino

Farfan - Cueva - Flores

Ruidiaz

Paolo Guerrero obviously suspended so he'll sadly be missing the match, although that lineup SHOULD be enough to take out Bolivia.

I'll do my lineup vs Ecuador once I know who will be around or not (injury or suspension)

Our depth charts look like this. In order of who I think should take priority over who.

Butron/Carvallo/Caceda

Advincula/Corzo/Cuba - Rodriguez/Ramos/Araujo/Abram - Rodriguez/Ramos/Araujo/Abram - Trauco/Yotun/Loyola

Yotun/Aquino/Tapia - Yotun/Aquino/Tapia

Farfan/Hurtado/Carrillo/Polo - Cueva/Hurtado/Farfan - Flores/Manzaneda

Guerrero/Ruidiaz/Farfan/Bulos

This obviously just the called up players. I'd have Alex Succar over Bulos, Vasquez over Loyola, Madrid over Cuba and Callens over Abram. Obviously Gallese as the first keeper but he's out til december.

Now the clubs of these players

Local

Butron (Alianza Lima)

Carvallo (UTC)

Caceda (Universitario)

Corzo (Universitario)

Cuba (Deportivo Municpal)

A. Rodriguez (Universitario)

Araujo (Alianza Lima)

Abram (Sporting Cristal)

Loyola (Melgar)

Manzaneda (Cantolao)

Abroad

Advincula (Lobos BUAP (Liga MX))

Ramos (Emelec (Ecuador Serie A))

Trauco (Flamengo (Brasileirao))

Yotun (Orlando City (MLS))

Aquino (Lobos BUAP (Liga MX))

Farfan (Lokomotiv Moscow (Russian league))

Hurtado (Vitoria Guiamares (Liga NOS))

Carrillo (Watford (Premier League))

Polo (Monarcas Morelia (Liga MX))

Cueva (Sao Paulo (Brasileirao))

Flores (Aab Aalborg (Danish Superliga))

Guerrero (Flamengo (Brasileirao))

Ruidiaz (Monarcas (Liga MX))

Bulos (Boavista (Liga NOS))

And as for the ones not called up

Gallese (Veracruz (Liga MX))

Callens (New York City FC (MLS)

Jersson Vasquez (Universitario (Descentralizado))

Alex Succar (USMP (Descentralizado))

Madrid (Sport Rosario (Descentralizado))

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You need to remember that Sampaoli is changing the whole dynamism of the team. Instead of having Messi as the focal point, he is implementing a cohesive style of play, similar to what he did with Chile. Having Argentina play as a unit vs. get the ball to Messi and see what happens. This will bare the load off Messi for once. 

Dropping Higuain in favor of Aguero is strange, but as you mentioned, both have been under performing for a while now.  My honest to god opinion is that he is looking for his strikers to be 'footballers' rather than mere goal scorers, that is why is has picked Aguero and Icardi to fill in the #9 spot. 

I'm telling you, Sampaoli will be the best thing that happened to the national side in a long time. 

I agree but as you yourself mentioned, if he were to punish one of the 2 it should've been Aguero.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I agree but as you yourself mentioned, if he were to punish one of the 2 it should've been Aguero.

Except Aguero is more of a 'footballer' than Pipa, which i'm betting is the reason Sampaoli called him up. The front three need to link up with one another and the midfield with this new system. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Except Aguero is more of a 'footballer' than Pipa, which i'm betting is the reason Sampaoli called him up. The front three need to link up with one another and the midfield with this new system. 

That's true, Edu Vargas wasn't exactly a poacher so I guess Sampaoli didn't see where Higuain would fit his system,. We'll see.

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You need to remember that Sampaoli is changing the whole dynamism of the team. Instead of having Messi as the focal point, he is implementing a cohesive style of play, similar to what he did with Chile. Having Argentina play as a unit vs. get the ball to Messi and see what happens. This will bear the load off Messi for once. 

Well, Higuain is a much better assister and team player than Icardi for starters and also than Aguero i believe, so that doesn't make sense from that point of view. Best case scenario is we win with anyone's other than Icardi goals and he misses 3 or 4 goals and Aguero wanders around without doing fuck all like always and then they call Gonzalo back and give him the starting spot again.

Just now, Berserker said:

Well, Higuain is a much better assister and team player than Icardi for starters and also than Aguero i believe, so that doesn't make sense from that point of view. Best case scenario is we win with anyone's other than Icardi goals and he misses 3 or 4 goals and Aguero wanders around without doing fuck all like always and then they call Gonzalo back and give him the starting spot again.

I think Argentina will win vs Uruguay and Venezuela get a shock draw in Argentina.

Uruguay have finally called up a more progressive squad (Lemos and Valverde) but I still think they'll use their predictable set piece and long ball tactics. While Venezuela will use their U20 World Cup finalist team and they have to start somewhere. They'll either beat Colombia or draw Argentina, I feel.

8 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I disagree. Dropping Higuain wasn't personal,  most definitely a tactical decision. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

I disagree. Dropping Higuain wasn't personal,  most definitely a tactical decision. 

Not saying it was personal, just that i don't see the point. If you wanted more of a team player Icardi is not your guy, and Higuain and Aguero have very similar assists stats. And we all know how Aguero plays for the NT.

3 hours ago, Berserker said:

Not saying it was personal, just that i don't see the point. If you wanted more of team player Icardi is not your guy, and Higuain and Aguero have very similar assists stats. And we all know how Aguero plays for the NT.

We'll see. Like I said Sampaoli is changing virtually the entire way Argentina have been functioning these past several years, so he definitely has certain players in mind to play his way. I honestly look forward in seeing Icardi given a fair shot. 

On 8/28/2017 at 7:10 PM, Berserker said:

You mean you will stop watching when he retires ?

Archived