talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Things you don't like about Football

football forum

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

A lot of people at the time and myself included, didn't see just how ignorant that chant was. Personally never needed to sing it but I never used to think there was much wrong with it when I was in school, but then kids can be cunts.

Most chants have their roots based on ignorance be they based on whatever social factor mate.  People say stupid things but the important factor in something like this is that people aren't chanting things with premeditation...  It's the football tribe scenario and it's done to destabilise.  Most chants are ridiculous to be honest, even the funny and more subtle ones.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

When people, Joey Barton has just done this on Twitter, say that Pep Guardiola would be be rubbish as Burnley manager. Why should a bloke who's managed Bayern and Barca then take a job at a club like Burnley?

Like all that stuff about Messi needing to change league or go to a lesser club to prove himself.

@SirBalon Personally I think that sentiment comes from a 'romantic ideal' of football, where a big player goes to a small club and lifts them up to greatness. People like to see Cinderalla stories, like Maradona at Napoli, Gullit at Chelsea, Keegan moving to Soton and Newcastle. Those sorts of transfers.

The one that pisses me off is when a player goes to take a corner or a throw in and people have their phones out filming him. If it's your player you should be roaring the cunt on and if it's the opposition you should be hurling abuse at the cunt. Football stadiums are full of fucking mongs.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

@SirBalon Personally I think that sentiment comes from a 'romantic ideal' of football, where a big player goes to a small club and lifts them up to greatness. People like to see Cinderalla stories, like Maradona at Napoli, Gullit at Chelsea, Keegan moving to Soton and Newcastle. Those sorts of transfers.

I was gonna say Maradona at Napoli. But Messi’s love affair with Barcelona is too strong. Why can’t hijack this thread mate. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

I was gonna say Maradona at Napoli. But Messi’s love affair with Barcelona is too strong. Why can’t hijack this thread mate. 

Never said it was possible or it was ever going to happen, just merely trying to rationalise why people make those comments.

Just now, Spike said:

Never said it was possible or it was ever going to happen, just merely trying to rationalise why people make those comments.

I’ve always felt the motives were different. But it could be that way... How many past great players have gone down a level to try and prove a point to questioning fans though?

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I’ve always felt the motives were different. But it could be that way... How many past great players have gone down a level to try and prove a point to questioning fans though?

How many players on the level of Messi have been one-club men? The hypothetical of the greatest player of all time plying his trade with different players in a different league is more than simply interesting. 

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

How many players on the level of Messi have been one-club men? The hypothetical of the greatest player of all time plying his trade with different players in a different league is more than simply interesting. 

I can see how it would be interesting. He could try to turn Arsenal into a phenix. :ph34r:

22 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't think it's as idealistic as that, mate. It's simply a fact that playing with (managing in Guardiola's case) a lower quality of players is a different challenge to playing with/managing a team full of excellent footballers, and in Messi's case, playing in a different league is clearly a different challenge. Having never faced those challenges, Messi and Guardiola have gaps in their CV, and some would argue that  those gaps preclude them from being considered among the very best (it's a more convincing argument for Guardiola than for Messi).

Pointing to those gaps, however, isn't the same thing as saying that they should try to fill them. To pretend it is is utterly moronic.

• Subscriber
On 10/14/2017 at 2:22 PM, Smiley Culture said:

Why do Football fans abuse opposition players for no reason at all? Watched a few minutes of Liverpool - United and I think it was Martial, he went to get the ball for a United throw-in and the first few rows of Liverpool fans were going berserk, gesticulating, screaming and swearing at him. Why?

Give me that over the growing culture of a load of half and half scarves sat there recording rival players. Plenty of which went on in that fixture.

14 minutes ago, Dan said:

Give me that over the growing culture of a load of half and half scarves sat there recording rival players. Plenty of which went on in that fixture.

Not gonna lie. I'd probably get a half n' half scarf if it were a big match like the CL FInal.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Why? 

Watching grown men turning crimson as they spew bile at someone who happens to play for Manchester United is just daft and quite amusing to watch on the tele. 

Its not a contributor to the atmosphere at all either, it's embarrassing to watch. 

7 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

I don't think it's as idealistic as that, mate. It's simply a fact that playing with (managing in Guardiola's case) a lower quality of players is a different challenge to playing with/managing a team full of excellent footballers, and in Messi's case, playing in a different league is clearly a different challenge. Having never faced those challenges, Messi and Guardiola have gaps in their CV, and some would argue that  those gaps preclude them from being considered among the very best (it's a more convincing argument for Guardiola than for Messi).

Pointing to those gaps, however, isn't the same thing as saying that they should try to fill them. To pretend it is is utterly moronic.

So Steven Gerard, Alan Shearer, Paolo Maldini and Pelé are overrated and can't be considered amongst the best mate?

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

So Steven Gerard, Alan Shearer, Paolo Maldini and Pelé are overrated and can't be considered amongst the best mate?

Well it's not outside the realms of possibility that any of those players would've struggled in a different league with a different style. The fact is that they only proved themselves in one league, no matter how important you think that is.

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

Well it's not outside the realms of possibility that any of those players would've struggled in a different league with a different style. The fact is that they only proved themselves in one league, no matter how important you think that is.

True!  Hard to argue against but at the same time I don't feel anyone that makes a mark in any walk of life needs to transfer his or her talents to another realm.  I think it starts and finishes merely on the curiosity stakes but as far as I'm concerned (I may be wrong) a worldwide status an individual acquires at the top end is because they merit it.

Under the rule of proving yourself in more than one league, then the greatest English strikers of all time have to be Jimmy Greaves and Gary Lineker?

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

True!  Hard to argue against but at the same time I don't feel anyone that makes a mark in any walk of life needs to transfer his or her talents to another realm.  I think it starts and finishes merely on the curiosity stakes but as far as I'm concerned (I may be wrong) a worldwide status an individual acquires at the top end is because they merit it.

Under the rule of proving yourself in more than one league, then the greatest English strikers of all time have to be Jimmy Greaves and Gary Lineker?

And Emile Heskey. 

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Has anyone said Manchester United yet?

Because out of all of the things in football I don't like, Manchester United is the thing I don't like the least.

So as a matter of fact, you don't like them the least, means you actually like them?

Archived