talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

Joe Gomez is quietly having an excellent season as an incredibly important player. This season he’s played at CB, RB, LB and CM - and put in great performances in each position.

With all the injuries we’ve had this season, him being versatile has been absolutely immense for us.

He had a bad time of things last year, but the difference having functional midfielders in front of him has made has him brilliant again.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Joe Gomez is quietly having an excellent season as an incredibly important player. This season he’s played at CB, RB, LB and CM - and put in great performances in each position.

With all the injuries we’ve had this season, him being versatile has been absolutely immense for us.

He had a bad time of things last year, but the difference having functional midfielders in front of him has made has him brilliant again.

It's only a few months ago he was written off on here as not being good enough as a squad player :ph34r:

He's been brilliant this season though. I was worried his injuries had got the better of him last season but he's definitely back close to his best this season

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's only a few months ago he was written off on here as not being good enough as a squad player :ph34r:

He's been brilliant this season though. I was worried his injuries had got the better of him last season but he's definitely back close to his best this season

I think where he’s made some mistakes this season, understandably so considering the lack of consistency in any position, some of your fans have jumped on him. But I think he’s been decent overall, not a world beater, but a good utility man who can put in a good shift wherever he plays.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think where he’s made some mistakes this season, understandably so considering the lack of consistency in any position, some of your fans have jumped on him. But I think he’s been decent overall, not a world beater, but a good utility man who can put in a good shift wherever he plays.

I think he's been better than decent this season. The spell at left back when Robertson and Tsimikas were out he was outstanding. When he played midfield in the week for the first time it took him a half to adapt but he was good second half

• Upvote 2

Klopp says Joe’s sub was planned, and that Konate’s isn’t as bad as it looks. Taken off as a precaution more than full injury. Didn’t mention any injury to Darwin, so it looks like that was purely tactical. Hopefully Konate can start on Sunday. 

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Lets see if our coach gets bricked again today. should send a decoy with players arriving in blacked out cars :4_joy:

It’s funny city fans are obsessed with that even though your fans did the same shit to our coaches and City had to issue 2 apologies and no Liverpool fans really give a fuck.

29 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s funny city fans are obsessed with that even though your fans did the same shit to our coaches and City had to issue 2 apologies and no Liverpool fans really give a fuck.

You can't complain about something you lot started :4_joy: 

12 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You can't complain about something you lot started :4_joy: 

We’ve played in Europe against big teams forever so it’s not something that’s new, shocking, or offensive to us. Maybe when you buy a few more CLs you’ll feel the same.

36 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We’ve played in Europe against big teams forever so it’s not something that’s new, shocking, or offensive to us. Maybe when you buy a few more CLs you’ll feel the same.

So you brick all big teams coaches? stay classy  

Just now, Happy Blue said:

So you brick all big teams coaches? stay classy  

Go see what De Bruyne’s thoughts on it are because even in Belgium their football fans have more soul and spirit than Mancs

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Go see what De Bruyne’s thoughts on it are because even in Belgium their football fans have more soul and spirit than Mancs

Come back IF you win more Prem's than Blackburn :4_joy: ...just gifted you a point with the pen, enjoy the charity :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Come back IF you win more Prem's than Blackburn :4_joy: ...just gifted you a point with the pen, enjoy the charity :ph34r:

Getting a ref that takes side gigs out in your owner’s other league to ignore blatant last minute penalties isn’t really gifting us anything.

Pep is a bald fraud, perfect for Man Cheaty

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Getting a ref that takes side gigs out in your owner’s other league to ignore blatant last minute penalties isn’t really gifting us anything.

Pep is a bald fraud, perfect for Man Cheaty

:4_joy:

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I love that he’s coming back.

I hate that the announcement of his return seems to be coupled with FSG seemingly looking to get into multi-club ownership - I think multiclub ownership should be banned.

• 2 weeks later...