• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Members Pictures

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

That's a funny way to spell Figueroa 

Some people who've seen Figueroa told me he was overrated but nevertheless Chumpitaz was within the top 3. Between him, Figueroa or Passarella.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Of course...  What did he say to you?

I love these kind of meetings with past greats...  They tell a story modern footballers will never be able to tell.

He was a top guy... he drove me home and invited me to dinner. Went to eat Ceviche with him and a Brazilian who rode his bike from Sao Paulo to Lima (!!!)

We talked a bit about Peru's current football situation and about Teofilo Cubillas. 

Everyone asked me if I interviewed him, the answer is no. I could have done but not all life is about interviews in my opinion. I decided to just enjoy the moment.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

He was a top guy... he drove me home and invited me to dinner. Went to eat Ceviche with him and a Brazilian who rode his bike from Sao Paulo to Lima (!!!)

We talked a bit about Peru's current football situation and about Teofilo Cubillas. 

Everyone asked me if I interviewed him, the answer is no. I could have done but not all life is about interviews in my opinion. I decided to just enjoy the moment.

What did he say about Cubillas?

Did you talk about Sotelo?

Just now, SirBalon said:

What did he say about Cubillas?

Did you talk about Sotelo?

He told me a bit about where he is residing (USA but he spends more time in Peru) about how neither him or Cubillas wanted to go to Argentina for the game (the reasons I'm keeping personal) and some of the games they played. For example, I asked about when we beat Brazil away in 1975 as well as when we drew Argentina in 1969 to go to the World Cup.

Never heard of Sotelo unless you meant Cholo Sotil, which in that case we did but not as much as the others.

Just now, Blue said:

He told me a bit about where he is residing (USA but he spends more time in Peru) about how neither him or Cubillas wanted to go to Argentina for the game (the reasons I'm keeping personal) and some of the games they played. For example, I asked about when we beat Brazil away in 1975 as well as when we drew Argentina in 1969 to go to the World Cup.

Never heard of Sotelo unless you meant Cholo Sotil, which in that case we did but not as much as the others.

Yeah...  My computer auto corrected me mate.  I meant Sotil.

• The topic was pinned