talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hip Hop/Rap

football forum

On 25/06/2017 at 10:03 AM, JOSHBRFC said:

R.I.P Prodigy. 

Is shook ones part 2 the greatest hip hop instrumental of all time? I think it's definitely top 3. The whole Infamous album is a hip hop classic. 

I don't think you can beat their beats in general personally. Mobb Deep beats will always be the best :congrats:

Incredible:-

This new Jay-Z album took me by surprise, it's excellent, his best since American Gangster, whole thing produced by No I.D, it's a really understated 'grown-up' contemporary album from him.

• Subscriber

I didn't really rate American Gangster that highly. The song with Beanie Sigel is decent though.. ignorant shit I think it is.

Will give it a listen maybe. That Magna Carta album was dogshit.

Edited by JOSHBRFC

On 27/06/2017 at 5:59 PM, JOSHBRFC said:

B b b butt

how has nobody posted this?

You've heard of us.... official Queens bridge murderers!!

Probably my favourite instrumentals ever(along with the table on Raekwon's "immorbilarity" album) but honestly mate, if I could only choose one rapper's/group's beats and nobody else's, it would be Mobb Deep everytime. It's mainly Havok who makes those beats though I think, but Prodigy also did a bit himself.

Nothing in hip hop, in terms of instrumentals, comes close in my eyes mate. It's hip hop at its rawest.

As for Prodigy, he is certainly one of the greatest rappers of alltime. He was in the game for a long time(and even as a teenager, he rapped and sounded like an adult), he's probably the most underrated of alltime to be honest as he has so much material and is as good as anyone. For me there is no GOAT in hip hop as there are too many styles and different MCs that in the end it can only come down to personal taste. What I'd say is that there is a group of rappers who are all the GOAT in their own right and Prodigy is one of them.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Yeah I posted further up that Shook Ones is the greatest instrumental of all time in hip hop.

i remember "the table" from our MSN days and also the Friday. Both amazing songs and instrumentals. 

About that Jay-Z album, not really a fan of it... Not that it's bad but it's a bit meh. For a long time in my opinion, his songs have been a lot more about his beats than his rapping. Can't feel anything he raps, he's just there.

On 01/07/2017 at 8:24 PM, JOSHBRFC said:

Yeah I posted further up that Shook Ones is the greatest instrumental of all time in hip hop.

i remember "the table" from our MSN days and also the Friday. Both amazing songs and instrumentals. 

MSN, that's a blast from the past xD. It was a laugh on there back in the day to be honest. It was much better than the likes of facebook in its day.

The first Shook ones was class as well, but the instrumental was a lot darker. Prodigy's verse(the first one on the track) was immense.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Who would you all say were you favourite 10 rappers/MCs?

I'm not speaking the best 10 of alltime necessarily , but your favourite 10.

1. Inspectah Deck
3. Big Pun
4. Big L
4. Prodigy
5. Raekwon
6. Ghost-Face Killah
7. Killa Sin
8. Nas
9. Kool G Rap
10. Guru

(In no specific order)

Special mentions to Gza, Redman, Biggie, Ice Cube(early to mid 90s), Method Man, Vinnie Paz and 2pac.

I didn't include any UK mcs(or even a few Spanish ones that I rate highly) as I'd have that list separately.

@Teso dos Bichos @JOSHBRFC @6666

Edited by The Rebel CRS

On 22/07/2017 at 0:50 PM, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yeah, i couldn't leave biggie out of the top ten like you though, he is at the top with nas for me.

Special mentions to (early) lil wayne, jay z, and eminem 

Biggie is still up there though mate, as with Redman who I only JUST left out. But there are others who I like a little bit more. I'd stick both on the list if this was a "greatest 10" though.

The old Eminem was also a beast but for some reason he's simply just not always been one of my favourite MCs. Gza is another I was close to adding. He's on another level lyrically and Liquid swords will always be one of my favourite albums.

Killa Sin is a beast and easily one of my favourites. He has a lot of verses out there, on Wu-tang affiliated albums but no solo albums due to his daft lifestyle and always ending up in and out of prison. The chances of a solo album are now pretty much zero since he's doing life for murder. If he stayed away from all the nonsense and focused strictly on his rapping career then he'd be one of the goats.

Such a talented MC who lets himself down.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That beat. Where is it from? It's off something(probably a Wu-tang killa bees song) but I can't think what. It's brilliant either way. Black thought goes in.

For me Kool G Rap and Rakim are the GOATs. They aren't necessarily my favourites, but they set the tone in making Hip Hop what it is and truly taking it to that next level.

But It's difficult to say the best ever as there are too many with different styles and back then hip hop was about who could come with the most original styles and lyrics, they were hungry and competing with each other. Kool G Rap and Rakim and the likes of these took it to the next level, then other rappers carried it on to make hip hop what it is. It's hard to say a GOAT and unfair on other great artists for me, but if I had to pick 2/3 it would be those 2(G Rap and Rakim)