talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA Reject Leicester's Appeal for Adrien Silva Deal

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

If action isn't taken from the owners going forward about this then I can't confidently say they've got a clue what they're doing. Our handling of winning the league hasn't just been poor, it's been an absolute disgrace.

27 minutes ago, Dan said:

If action isn't taken from the owners going forward about this then I can't confidently say they've got a clue what they're doing. Our handling of winning the league hasn't just been poor, it's been an absolute disgrace.

It's going to need a couple of more clubs to do it but clubs like Leicester, West Ham, Everton who should have players courted by the top six need to take a stance and say "if you don't meet out valuation for the player at least X amount of days before the transfer market closes we will under no certain terms be making a deal". When Chelsea leave it to the eleventh hour to pay the extra two million or whatever it screws up everybody. 

Obviously we all need to practice what we preach. Palace leaving it so late every year to sign key players has left us with no forward and no goalkeeper up until January because of injuries and Wayne Hennessey being oblivious.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

It's going to need a couple of more clubs to do it but clubs like Leicester, West Ham, Everton who should have players courted by the top six need to take a stance and say "if you don't meet out valuation for the player at least X amount of days before the transfer market closes we will under no certain terms be making a deal". When Chelsea leave it to the eleventh hour to pay the extra two million or whatever it screws up everybody. 

Obviously we all need to practice what we preach. Palace leaving it so late every year to sign key players has left us with no forward and no goalkeeper up until January because of injuries and Wayne Hennessey being oblivious.

Agreed and that's how I'd have done it with Drinkwater. Even if he wanted to go then let's not fuck around with it right until the end of the window. If Chelsea haven't made their offer for him on time then that's their problem not ours.

This summer actually looked quite good for us, but sure enough the new signings are barely playing and this situation just reeks of ineptitude. We've spent at least £100mil net since winning the league and we are so much worse it's ridiculous. I actually think we look a poorer side now then we did when we first came up and when you look at the individuals in that team, that's unacceptable.

Archived